André Silva thread - The Rising Star

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ---Z---, Aug 17, 2017.

1. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Jota has been excellent since things finally started to click for him in the Premier League. It's six goals and four assists across 12 matches December through now. And who knows what he might've done had he not been out injured for a handful of matches or played against Shrewsbury and Bristol City in the FA Cup.

I've always felt like Andre is who he is - a pretty adequate in-the-box striker who needs other to set him up. He's no star, but he can still be plenty helpful for Portugal and clubs throughout the big leagues.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Silva hasn't done anything in months. Such a great start but being a tap in king only gets you so far. He's way too slow and not as crafty as Postiga was.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Andre needs a strike partner to hold his hand or else he is useless.

4. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A.Silva is never going to be class, he's nothing special but he still has decent dribbling and decent hold up play, with decent vision and passing for a striker.......but despite his obvious flaws, he is and will always be far better than Postiga ever was. Damn, even though he's quite slow, I think he might be Usain Bolt compared to Postiga.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Postiga scored a lot of clutch goals.

6. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
    is he injured or just not getting picked?

7. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    I wonder about this as well. He hasn't played or even sat on the bench for a while...

8. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Wolves might buy him. I think that’s the best move for him. Hopefully he will get his form back and become what he used to be.