And AFC does it again.

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by AmoebaCulture, Oct 19, 2003.

1. AmoebaCulture

AmoebaCulture Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Andromeda
    http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?name=/news/sports/200310/20031018/3ar08001.htm

According to this site (which is probably the most untrustworthy sports website there is on the peninsula) the new Kuwaitti AFC President proposed the creation of sub-confederations in Asia. So basically he wants to have confederations in E.Asia, W.Asia, ME.Asia and SE.Asia. No problem with this personally but: the dude said that the winner of these confederations should be the qualifiers of the 2010 WC instead of just having the same teams representing Asia all the time.

What total baloney. This is a conspiracy. First they group Korea, China and Iran into one group then they want to have Singapore and Uzbekistan play against teams like Turkey or Brazil in the WC. How horrifying would that be. Unbelievable. I'm going to bed.

2. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    If this change takes place then we can forget about football in Asia. What a stupid idea, I wouldn't be surprised if AFC considers it for the right PRICE. Arab money is being funneled in the wrong directions, AGAIN!!!

why doesn't this genius propose the same thing to FIFA for the world cup. Let's have regional world cups!!!

3. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Bauvafa,

Who burnt your rice? :mad: Why do you have to bring Arab money into everything?

In case you haven't noticed, this system (in the unlikelihood that it's introduced) would hurt the established teams most, and help the minnows of ASEAN and central asia. Why on earth would we finance something as damaging to our chances as that????

A little more logic, a little less prejudice, my friend.

4. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

whats the difference between middle east asia and west asia?

5. AmoebaCulture

AmoebaCulture Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Andromeda
    mid east is like saudi, iran and so forth. west asia is like uzbekistan tajikistan so forth

6. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    I can answer that for him ... :), but I wont.

Back to the issue, I think its just bull.

7. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    It's a well known fact that some Arab countries have wrongfully influenced AFC and you can hide behind your cute lil commnets but the facts can't be hidden.

If you wanna troll, just remember this is not the place for it.

8. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Uzbekista, Tajikistan etc. is Central Asia