An opportunity for MLS

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by monster, Aug 2, 2002.

1. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fiorentina has to release its whole roster. Some English teams might meltdown. Is this a chance to grab some guys looking for a job?

2. crestuden

crestuden New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    If MLS wants to sign some players then go for young guys who will come cheap. And if they do go for some players try and sign some defenders to replace that Metrostar defense.

3. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may be time to expand the 3 SI per team rule.

Or a few "on the bubble SI" , like your Winston Griffith types, may find themselves out of work.

Yes - I think this would be a good time to go bargain hunting.

4. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    More foreign players may bring up interest in the immigrant crowds, but most first generation immigrants in this country do no come from Europe.

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was not my concern.

My point was that this may be a good time to get hold of some talented players relatively cheaply and therefore continue to raise the level of play in MLS which in turn should bring larger crowds.

6. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Not that it matters, but young Winston is a TI, not a SI.

7. we have an 18 man roster now...pretty soon it'll end up becoming a 20 or 21 man roster. We can certainly add another 2 Senior Internationals. This WOULD NOT mean any less American players...plus it gives us some international options to pursue. I knwo I would like to see MLS with some good European and South American talent...I think itd be interesting.

8. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    plus if these players are good it's a quality investment.
    buy low, sell high.
    make money off the transfers when the market rebounds in a few years. selling european players should be easier than americans if for no other reason than with the whole EU thing they have the proper passports. right?