An open letter to the Nordecke (massive report)

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Kryptonite, May 21, 2011.

1. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting dynamic about that. At first a few of the females in LTA appeared as if they didn't want to move over there at the start of the game, but eventually I feel that it paid off. I stayed over by the stage, but the sound was so much tighter with the drums back in the central location. From what I could here, there wasn't as much drunk or random drumming as there had been. Hell, I looked over and *gasp* some people were even participating in some of the LTA chants/songs even if they didn't know the Spanish words. Kudos to not treating those songs as some sort of threat :cool:

Now comes the time to get more organized especially with adding visuals to songs and chants (arms waving, etc), so that THIS will NEVER happen again:

clickable
    [​IMG]

2. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From section 130, The Supporter's Groups sounded awesome. So many times I couldn't hear the Chicago Fans because you guys just rose up and blew them away.

Congrats to you guys.

3. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D

I think it would have been interesting to sit in a sideline seat yesterday with the sound coming from both ends. Being in nordecke, I only heard the F*re fans once or twice until they scored. I could see they were doing stuff throughout the game by their movement. when you're in the section (this goes for them as well) it's always easy to say your section was much louder than theirs as I'm sure they are all saying to day how they were so much louder than Nordecke. you can also never reallyuse TV broadcast as proof either as that depends on mic placement and production.

I thought it was 1000x better in the corner yesterday than any game this year.

4. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    That is because I was there. I even had my one year old and three year old in tow. Little known fact: Everything is better when I am there.

5. crew317

crew317 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Cicero, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true yesterday was the most energy we have had in a long time. I am very happy to have LTA back a major plus is we didn't have those long awkward silence moments! Keep LTA in 142 and lets keep this energy!

6. CrewMak

CrewMak Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I sit in 225. Upper sideline, just south of the midline. Unfortunately, from there, there were actually several times when the Fire fans were much lounder than Nordecke. I remember wondering if the south stands are actually a better position for supporters' groups as far as being heard goes. A few times when Nordecke banded together, they could overpower. But mainly, when the Fire fans were together, they were lounder than Nordecke (from 225).

Not to be a downer, just giving another perspective.

7. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not hard to sound louder and more coordinated when your only chants are different variations of the the words 'Chicago' and 'Fire.' 5 year old children could chant those words and sound loud as well.

8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Just one of the many reasons why Sh!tcago has the worst fans in MLS.

9. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Let's all get the lyrics to the La Turbina chants, and learn them. Show those guys some love for coming back.

10. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in the Upper 90 Club for most the 1st half, and from that vantage point the Nordecke was quiet as hell, and obviously the Chicago fans sounded loud, but once I moved over to the other side it was obvious Nordecke was louder.

11. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I heard that the USA games in South Africa. Worked out pretty well.

12. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yeah the staff weren't too happy with that chant and tried to stop anyone that started it. Time to break out the ol nordecke swear jar I guess.

13. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we are not supposed to say "f#ck" in an organized manner.

14. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Fcuk that noise.

15. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that f#ck you can say. but if you got a bunch of your buddies to say that f#ck in a big unison f#ck, then that f#ck would not be an allowable f#ck.

16. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sometimes it's actually *gasp* okay to be objective, especially when the emotion is taken out of statements. I'm sure all our souls would rather not hear that we were outchanted/sung at home by the enemy. But in that second half before the goal was scored, there was a a few pocket moments in which there wwas silence or only one supporter group was doing something and/or the Nordecke as a collective didn't know the lyrics or whatever. At one point I stopped my chanting, turned and yelled "what are we a fahkin library?!?! what's our problem?!?!?! Let's GOOOOOOOO!!!" I was ticked, especially seeing them in contstant unified motions in the South End. One kid in front of me yelled at me "that's right" and another guy mentioned about how collectively organized they were in the South End.

It's not just a topic of being loud to one-up the away support, but rather getting behind the team in the area that typically is known for such noise. People sitting in the shade, or just there because they feel "cool", well, they have that right and choice, but if they wanted to be silent, there's PLENTY of other sections in the stadium for that.

17. Cblake34

Cblake34 New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was not in the Nordecke but was on the field for the Fire match. Those supporters were much louder and consistent through out the whole game. I have video of when the Nordecke was saying we cant hear you but you can actually hear them loud and clear from the North side of the pitch. When i was on the south i could not hear the Nordecke a whole lot over the fire supporters. They chanted and cheered the whole 90 mins, not 10 mins here and there. I hate to say it because i love sitting in the stands cheering on the crew as we should in that section, but something needs to change or groups will out cheer us at home like the fire. Just stating my experience.