An open letter to the Fire Bench

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by HalaMadrid, Sep 24, 2003.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Dear Fire Bench,

We know you hear us. We know that you (at least some of you) are reading this.

When we cheer "FIRE BENCH, FIRE BENCH, FIRE BENCH" then "WHO'S THE BEST?" your response is "Fire".

Thanks for your attention.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  2. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Then get up and dance like CJ.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    We have tried this so many times without a response I'm begining to think that maybe the coach doesn't want them 'interacting' during the game or something.
    I know for a fact that Ryan, Nate and CJ looked down at us when we did Fire Bench.

Come on guys!! Just do it!

4. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    This is classic. Too bad we'll never be able to go back to Orange Seats/Yellow Seats but Fire Bench is a good way to keep up the originality. I also think if CJ gets a goal, all of section 8 should do the CJ Dance.

5. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
  6. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Something tells me that the guys are suppose to be concentrating on the game and not interacting with the fans (even though, it'd be super cool).

7. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    No.

Bum rush the stage.

8. This time I agree with you, alf. The players should not interact with spectators in such a way--maybe after the game.

Marcin

9. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago

I'm with them on this one.

10. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Like it wouldn't be hilarious to hear Dipsy scream "Fire" at the top of his lungs while everyone else on the bench gives him a look.

SixKick repped this.
  11. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    It's just for fun people. It's not a big deal. I too would love to see them punch there hands in the air and yell Fire. It never hurts for the bench to get a little fired up once in a while. Wow, I am surprised at how uptight some of you are.

12. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    this is really the best mental image i've had in some time.

13. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    It's a thing called Professionalism, Liam.

But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

14. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    Oh Alf, don't be so reasonable.
    Here's the deal: before the game, the reserve players draw straws. Player with the shortest
    straw has to yell FIRE and do the CJ Dance.
    Everyone else can concentrate on the game.
    There. The matter's settled.

15. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah its not a freaking junior-high girls softball game guys. The whole Yankees saluting the crowd chanting their name as the game starts is cool but... chanting "FIRE...tee hee...we RULE!!!" that's pretty damn lame.

16. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    chanting FIRE...tee hee...we rule: Pretty damn lame.
    A designated bencwarmer doing the CJ Dance: very cool.
    I mean, what is Henry Ring supposed to do with himself? :)

17. NCFire

NCFire Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Chapel Hill
    Nick Walls is listed on the roster (and back from his A-league loan IIRC). He's played what, 20 minutes in an exhibition? I nominate him to be the designated respondant at the next home game. It can rotate so Ryan, Craig, Henry, and Dipsy don't feel left out.

Anyone else catch the shot of the Fire bench in the 80th or so minute? Quoting Max "Wow, they aren't exactly doing calisthenics"

18. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    I was just getting ready to mention that. Boy, for a team on the verge of the Open Cup Finals they were a bunch of Gloomy Gusses, eh? It's like the only thing running through their minds was, "The only way I'm ever going to get on that pitch is if someone snaps a bone."

The funny (well, not actually funny at the time, but in retrospect) bit was that not two minutes later was Bo's insane tackle on DMB. There must have been a couple of "Oh S**t!" moments on the bench as one or two players realized they were actually going to have to take their fists off their chins and play. :D

19. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    It's a thing called a joke, not that I would expect you to know that.

20. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

You can bet the first one who jumped up would never play another minute again.

21. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    It really astounds me the number of people who are taking this thread seriously.

22. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    so what does Henry have to lose?

23. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    POTM honors?

24. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    You mean the Fire bench isnt really going to say "FIRE" after we do the chant? Really??!? That sucks man!!! I cant believe why not!!

You know what would be funny too, at least i think so, is if we all said the name of the opposing coach.

"Bradley.....Bradley.....Bradley.........WHOSE THE BEST!!!!"

25. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Bail Out Bob = Smug Ass Bitch