An Off-Season Task For Supporters Groups

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by brahmafutbol, Dec 15, 2012.

1. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, two months with nothing to do? Afraid you'll get rusty and out of practice? If you're free this Thursday, head to Cowboy's Stadium at 8pm and support the East Bernard Brahmas' fight for the 2A State Championship. You'll be familiar with the scenario, they're playing Corsicana Mildred practically on their home AstroTurf for the championship, while we have to travel across Texas to get there. Corsicana is a city of 23,000 people, East Bernard exactly 1/10 that (there is a larger school district in Corsicana too). Some of our players and a lot of the fans are Dynamo supporters, while Corsicana would support FCDallas if, you know, anybody supported them. If you read reports about the Brahmas they sound familiar, too, no big names, they haven't gotten any press in Houston, but they talk about playing for one another, like a family. They all wear wristbands that say "Brahma Family: All In!" A strong defense that seldom gives up points and an unheralded but often explosive offense. And they win. 14-0 this season, undefeated not just at home but everywhere. At other playoffs we've been converting Dynamo chants to Brahma ones, but since this is for State we need a lot of help. Brahmas are maroon, I believe Corsicana is also, so if you wear orange you won't be supporting the wrong team. When else can you see Cowboy Stadium for the price of a high school football ticket? Vamos, Vamos Brahmas!

2. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm down. Where do I get tickets and a parking pass?

3. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great, now we just need Nigel to take pictures. And remember, it's all about EB!

Seriously, if anybody wants to go the tickets are $12 bought from school and $15 at the gate, parking is $10. I got the info from the Mildred ISD website, EB doesn't have anything posted yet. There are specific gates each school has to use. I'll get back to you on that when I find out.

4. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all about them Lamar Redskins :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Change of plans, I have a friend coming in from Spain on Thursday at 9:40PM. I'm sorry brahmafutbol.... :unsure:

6. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, Ponce, we were all counting on you.

So far we have 4 buses going to Arlington, a lot considering there are only 2300 in the town.

And that TIFO thing sounds cool. The trouble is we are very limited in where we can put signs at BBVA. The few good spots are already taken.

8. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't heard what time EB's buses are leaving for Arlington, but the EB buses are leaving at 1 Thursday afternoon. We have 4 charter buses, which means pretty much the entire town will be on a bus.

It's too bad it's so dang far, plus it's on a Thursday, it would really be fun to have some HD supporters there chanting. Me and my friends will do what we can, but we East Bernard Dynamo fans) will only be 10 or so.

The game is on Fox Sports SW at 8. Watch it. :) Forever Maroon.... well, whenever we're not Orange!

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/html5/video?id=8925131&pid=null&section=null

9. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Good luck.

10. el nordissimo

el nordissimo Member

Jul 31, 2008
    "018"
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like fortune is on east bernard's side so far

brahmafutbol repped this.
  11. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    reminds me of when my high school, cy-springs, made the playoffs back in 03.. we got straight raped in the playoffs and where never been good since then (maybe one or two playoffs after that)

12. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was following the game through Levy from the airport. Good job guys.

13. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, yall shoulda gone, it was a fun night to be a Brahma. And after seeing Cowboys Stadium, I can now say, meh. All that $$$$$ and I can very sincerely say I like ours better. I sat in almost the same spot as I sit in at BBVA, front row, second level, 20 yardline, and I was miles from the field, not right over it. The seats at the Cowboy Stadium are comfortable and all the glass looks nice, but I like the look and feel of BBVA so much better. The only stadium I've been to that I would put close to ours is LiveStrong, it looks really nice and has lots of cool stuff, but I put BBVA ahead of it too because of the closeness of the seats and the orangeness. :)

The_Ponce repped this.
  14. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know how many of us soccer junkies have had the pleasure to be on an undefeated gridiron football team but I will tell you it is a season of incredible gut wrenching pain and endurance overflowed with team bond and incredible joy.
    Gridiron is the ultimate team sport of all the codes of football, which is of course the best of all sports like baseball and basketball. Down field blocking and goal line stands speak to this. Good on East Bernard! I used to go down there to two step dance with the country girl hotties. Congrats to that team n coaches and their loyal fans.

16. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, guys. Typically, Channel 11 got the mascots reversed in the picture caption, but oh well, they tried.

If anybody saw the game on FSSW, they did a great job getting all the Czech names right and even pronouncing Brahmas the way we do here, not like they do in Halletsville, Bellville or Kingsville (first time I've noticed that 3 of the 4 high school Brahmas that I can name are "ville" towns.) It really was a very good game.