An MLS to Please the American base

Discussion in 'MLS: Commissioner - You be The Don' started by JCUnited, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoconutMonkey

CoconutMonkey Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Japan
    Club:
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, your ideas are intriguing and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

However, this

It's pretty obvious we need a penalty box.

2. The Green Mushroom

Oct 19, 2011
    Come on, this is AMERICA!!!! Penalty boxes (hockey style) are too Canadian and penalty boxes (soccer style) are too foreign. Remember this is a country where calling your wife from the field to say you're okay is a worse offense then one coach hitting another.

The XLS really needs its version of Hack-A-Shaq to keep things running.

3. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I call bull$hit.

I reread your thread (which includes one of my posts). You were obviously the OP. Afterwards followed more or less serious objections to your post, and folks pointed out inconsistencies with your scheme. You then posted message #8, in which you proclaimed your philosophical objection to parity, it being a flaw in American culture. The first sarcastic post wasn't until #15.

Frankly, I think you were disappointed people pointed out flaws in your proposal and have become a little petulant about it.

4. Ganapper

Ganapper Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this is basically a thread where you complain about people getting upset that you didn't post in one of the numerous threads about pro/rel?

Nice.

5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to have this be part of the last word in the thread. The other one you started - it went fairly well until you took umbrage at folks, JCUnited.