an idea from a crew fan

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by keeper1031, Jul 22, 2007.

1. keeper1031

keeper1031 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Cbus ohio
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not trying to start anything between the couple fan groups but as a plain ol fan it confuses me why a team like the crew has to have 3+ supporters groups. wouldnt it be better to have 1 large group that makes a ton of noise than 3-4 groups that compete to make a little noise?

2. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before the shelling commences, I'll say the nicest thing that anyone in 103 will respond with:

Don't read these boards much, do ya?

Now, INCOMING!!!!!
    [​IMG]

3. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please read the other 12 threads regarding this topic before starting a new thread rehashing a subject that has been discussed at naseum.

I will however give you the short version since you are unlikely to take my suggestion. There had been one large group of fans through the end of last year. It was the decision of the leaders of that group (v-army) to move to an area (103) that would open itself up to a larger demographic. In short, each group offers it's own thing and the stadium atmosphere is much better than it has been in recent years so there is no reason to change what's working.

Thanks for stopping by.

4. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread...

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus the fact that searching is currently disabled doesn't really help things much.

Three different groups offering three different experiences. It seems to be working, so why change a good thing?

6. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *waits for Krypto's patented 3 posts in a row.....* :D

7. Joedogsweetman

Aug 18, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Dear plain old crew fan, thanks for the advice, now please spread the word to all of the rest of the plain oldies, we have 3 different groups for a reason. But here's a better idea. Instead of suggesting all of us to become one big happy family, why dont you join or help sing along and get the whole stadium singing. Just a thought.

8. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We may be three seperate supporter's sections but we've really come together lately when it comes to calling out annoying posts :D

9. keeper1031

keeper1031 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Cbus ohio
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again im not trying to start any fights or anything. i was more just curious if the idea of having one large group had ever been considered.
    And the fact that i havent joined any of the groups is irrelevent. i go to games to enjoy soccer and being with some of my friends where this is the only time i might see them because of family work etc.

10. Joedogsweetman

Aug 18, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    No fighting here, we've united in our stance to have 3 different groups. The idea has been hashed and rehashed over and over again. Check back tommorrow for some more good replys. :rolleyes:

11. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    And those of us who usually stand in the groups go to the games to enjoy the soccer and be with friends as well. It isn't mutually exclusive, you know. Come by 103 with your friends and try it out. You might find it hightens your experience.

12. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    [​IMG]

Here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again.

Oh here it goes again.

13. calderone01

calderone01 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Pickerington, OH
    No, I don't think it's ever come up before.:D

Got you covered on the rep, Aaron.