An Eintracht Braunschweig thread, feat. your host Alex_K [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Alex_K, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014...braunschweigs-fight-for-survival-looks-doomed

hahhahahahahahahaah...

"Hinründe" (3 times, so not a typo)
    "The Lower Saxony derby" against Wolfsburg
    "when the goalkeeper has conceded 32 goals in the first 17 games of the season" [he, like, totally didn't, since he played 13 games and all]
    "Komi Dumbela" (also three times)
    "whenever Dumbela scores, Wolfsburg has won"

That author - totally not a poser who pretends to be an insider without bothering to look at anything besides maybe (maybe!) the table! :D

2. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Due to that Eintracht Braunschweig is the worst team ever meme, a repost from another thread on BS:

Eintracht has 14 players in the squad that have already been with the club in the third division (just 3 years ago), and 17 players in the squad are playing their first ever Bundesliga season. Despite that, they have a record that's actual not worse than what many, much more experienced squads had in the past:

Afer 21 matchdays:
    17. Augsburg 17:33 15
    18. Fürth 13:35 12
    16. Kaiserslautern 15:26 18
    17. Augsburg 19:33 18
    17. Nürnberg 17:37 16
    18. Hertha BSC 17:41 11
    17. KSC 18:37 17
    17. Freiburg 17:41 16
    18. Rostock 18:43 13

Yeah, Eintracht's 15:39 goals and 15 points are clearly in a completely different dimension than that. :rolleyes:

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    You heard it here first an all (official announcement soon, I guess) - Torsten Lieberknecht just extended his contract for 3 years :).

4. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good news for you guys!

5. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    The contract extension? Just asking in case I missed anything else :D

Either way, slightly miffed the game against the poodles wasn't won this weekend (the result in itself isn't too bad - but with Hamburg and possibly Freiburg winning, 3 points would have been awesome. Though it really was the game against Nuremberg that never, ever should have been lost... damn, still can't believe that one). If Eintracht are relegated the reason will be the first few games of the season, when the team was still extremely inexperienced at top-flight level. If we could replay those, we'd get 6 to 8 points more with the slightly more experienced guys now :D.

Note to journalists: we're neither "the TSV" (match report from Gladbach, I think), nor (definitely not) "the SGE" (kicker last week).

6. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yep. As with Bremen, I do like the way your club is run (though I still wish you relegation and stuff).

7. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    3 more wins now - at home against Hannover and Augsburg, and one of Hertha/Freiburg/Hoffenheim away.

8. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Braunschweig fans as always pure class:

warning: the image is definitely disturbing...

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    So before I go all schalalalala on you guys... damn shame these seasons don't last longer. I said it before, but without all the mistakes the team made due to inexperience early in the season we'd be comfortably mid-table this year.

Well, Eintracht has always sucked against Freiburg, as long as I can remember... but I have this strange optimistic feeling recently. Maybe I am sick or something.

10. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
  11. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Another historic day for football in Braunschweig today - my neighbourhood club FT Braunschweig (used to have PE class in their stadium, for athletics) qualifies for the 2015 DFB-Pokal, a first in club history (with a 1-0 win over VfB Oldenburg in the Lower Saxony Cup)! The club also still has a good chance to go up into the Regionalliga and just entered a cooperation with Eintracht. So, this could also be the first time since the demise of Leu Braunschweig in the 1970s that the city will have two clubs in the (semi)pro divisions.

For Eintracht - 7 points out of the last 3 games should be enough to at least get into the play-off. Since we are playing Hertha and Hoffenheim who are already in off-season mode that's certainly not a bad chance, toughest game might be against Augsburg. But that's at home at least.

unclesox repped this.
  12. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I rate you certainly higher than Hamburg, Nuremberg is also not that great in form. It'll be close. Glad we sorta pulled away.

13. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's do this!

14. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    In the last few games, the team was simply exhausted... it is kind of a shame, since relegation could have easily been avoided (argh, that Nuremberg game)... but so what, Eintracht will be promoted again in the not-so-far future anyway. Fortunately all funds have been used wisely. All in all that's been a great season, the U23 stays (almost certainly) in the Regional-, the U17 (also almost certainly) in the Bundesliga, the U19 is promoted to the Bundesliga. The women's hockey and basketball teams had great seasons too... so with all the infrastructure investments the club as a whole is in a pretty comfortable position.

I am not sure if Eintracht will do the same next year that Fürth did this season - but we'll certainly have a much higher budget and more experienced team than we did in 2012-13.

Doc_Aeppler and "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  15. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    With Leipzig, Nuremberg and possibly Hamburg joining the promotionrace, it might be a little harder than it has been for Fürth this season. But I dont expect Eintracht to put everything on one card. The way they have been handling things makes me agree, I also expect them back in BL1 sometime soon, but not next season.

16. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    #391 Alex_K, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    The club will definitely not try to force things with big investments next season. The squad will also get younger - the core of the squad hasn't changed much for the last 4 years, with quite a few of the players having been here even longer. Before this season, the club kept the promise to keep every player for the Bundesliga season (the players that left either wanted to leave or would have had no chance at all to make the first team squad). But now some of the older and back-up players will transition out of the squad. The regulars will all mostly stay - most speculation concerns Kumbela and Bicakcic, who the club wants to keep as well (Bickacic will only leave if some club offers really big money, unless there is a secret buy-out clause). There's also a rumor that Red Bull has a clause to end the Nielsen loan early (hasn't been confimed officially, though). And Davari wanted to leave anyway (mostly because he has been never all that popular here anyway, although I am curious where he lands), but a replacement has been signed already.

Budget (for the club as a whole, not just salaries) is supposed to be about 25 million Euros, compared to about 16 million Euros in the 2012-13 season.

96Squig repped this.
  17. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
  18. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Eintracht (aka «Айнтрахт» (Брауншвейг))
    - Dinamo Moscow pre-season friendly, featuring Nutella legend Kevin Kuranyi:

19. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    New all time record in season-ticket sales (so, yeah, more than last season). So, only about 4-5000 tickets will go on sale for each game - I had hoped that it would get easier to buy tickets, but I guess you will still have to get them asap :p.

20. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Jan Hochscheidt is one unlucky dude :(. Damn that Hanoverian butcher Pinto :p.

I think we have Eintracht's best 2. Bundesliga squad ever, here. Certainly better than any of the ones if have seen myself, including the 2013 one.

21. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Hi there, spam-person.

When I am posting anyway: quite happy has finally adjusted to the new league and the new players are fully integrated for the most part. I wan't really doubting it in the first place - you could already see the potential at the beginning of the season. But it's always great to see the usual crowd in forums and papers get silenced once more. It's hard to believe that there are really quite a few people wo would love to see the coach and the entire club leadership go, just for the heck of it basically.

22. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's how football works, isn't it? Just look at how Korkut is faring now and 3 gamedays ago.

I think you guys are still doing a very solid job with everything...

23. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Yeah, but in this case people were talking about firing the best club leadership in at least four decades - who also have a proven track record over eight years - in a situiation in which the club hasn't been worse than 13th place all season (and even that was just for one matchday). At that point, you're just causing trouble for the heck of it, basically.

24. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And since when did football fans/media not cared for causing trouble for the heck of it? Just human nature, I fear.

25. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    At least as far as the papers go, it's also the case of some writers hating Eintracht, but the Braunschweiger Zeitung being the only place where they could get a job :p.

Anyway, new financial report, 3 million Euros profit in 2014.

96Squig repped this.