An Aussie in Cary or Info for a Traveller

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by jwsm, Aug 27, 2002.

1. jwsm

jwsm New Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Sydney AUSTRALIA
    Hi

My name is Joseph and I live in Sydney AUST© My girlfriend has just finished playing for the Young Matildas at the FIFA Under-19 Women's World Championship©

As it stands now it looks like she will be making her debut for the Matildas in the 2002 Nike U©S© Women’s Cup© As a result i will be definitely making the trip over to the states to watch her©

Is it possible for if someone or everyone can help me with some information or point me to relevant web sites© ¥ i would prefer info as it would be first hand and not glossed over ¤

Here are some of the things that I would like to know

What is Cary like?

liberal, conservative etc©©©

Accommodation:

I would like to stay someone inexpensive but also safe© Small hotel nothing fancy, that is clean, has a TV, own bathroom and has not been featured in an episode of COPS© I don't really like back packer hostels© but if that is my only choice I would consider it©

I have also heard that accommodation can be found at some colleges© Is their a college near by?

And finally "How the Hell Do I Get There"© ©©©just kidding

As a reward for useful info I shall bring trinkets from OZ with me ¥ie vegemite¤

Any useless info will result in Steve Irwin appearing on your door step©

Thanks ever so much

2. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    Welcome, in advance!

Cary is mainly a fairly well-to-do suburban bedroom community. A lot of cul-de-sacs. The town limits are shaped like a sprawling amoeba so you can technically be "in Cary" but be nowhere near another place in Cary.

As a resident of the area, I do not know about the hotels. I would suggest that you use one of the web resources to pin down a few that appear to be close to the park and are in your budget range -- then post them for us to comment on.

The stadium is not far from North Carolina State University campus in Raleigh. You may enjoy staying in that area in order to soak up some of the college atmosphere when you are not involved in game stuff.

3. jvanark

jvanark New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Welcome. Look forward to meeting you. I just sent you an email concerning your request and look forward to hearing from you.