An Arsenal Fans Thoughts

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by house18, Sep 23, 2003.

1. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Obviously I am not an Arsenal fan, but while trying to find clips of the incidents from the game for a friend who has no FSW I ran across this match review from Arseweb:

http://www.arseweb.org/www/newsreel//t7i418.html

Except for the second to last paragraph I'd say his assesment of the incidents is spot on.

2. flounderchop

flounderchop New Member

You can find clips of the incidents at the following:
    [web]http://www.manutdgoals.com/index.php?page=premiershipgoals[/web]

Mod note: just taking out the hotlink part

3. lamu202

lamu202 Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Yorktown, VA
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by flounderchop:

You can find clips of the incidents at the following:
    [web]http://www.manutdgoals.com/index.ph...remiershipgoals[/web]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be careful to keep this quiet. TV copyright people get mighty annoying about sites like these using their video. Just hurry up & download what you want.

4. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    Yes, house18, it's a pretty good description of the game and the events up to the last whistle and does reveal that some Arsenal fans were seeing straight. His description of what happened then though does not do the events justice. I suspect that the FA will again show their predjudice against Arsenal ;)

5. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    This is not spot on, either. I disagree with it a few reasons. The first is that we have to remember we have the benefit of replay. When things are happening in a game as they do, you don't have time to ponder, you think fast and react. RVN was reacting to getting kicked at. I don't believe that anyone in his situation has time to think "oh, I'm 8 inches out of his donkey kick range". That's not that case at all.

As for the ref's call, according to the rules of the game the only that matters is intent. Whether or not contact was made or even physically possible is irrelevant. An attempt to strike, in this case kick, another player is a straight red acorrding the game. The ref shouldn't have given Viera a 2nd yellow.

6. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ruud innocent

I agree that the Ruud reaction to the Vieira kick was natural, after all its not that long ago Ruud had major knee surgery.

Ruud got booked, all Vieira had to do was stay on the ground and not react. Arsenal and Vieira only have themsleves to blame.

52 red cards in seven years tells its own story.

I expect the penalty to be suspensions, but the charge against the club could be points. But most likely it will be cash. You think you could give the fines to charity but the FA needs the cash, so expect big fines! :D

7. Desigol

Desigol New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    County Tyrone, NI
    I'm man enough to admit, we were out of order that day. Parlour should have keep his head then. But there was too much bad blood between the two sides anyway, maybe because there's so much at stake.