an apology to sir alex over our defensive tactics

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by tuseef, Aug 9, 2002.

1. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    picture the scene: Liverpool have just beaten Man Utd 1-0 at Old Trafford with Murphy scoring in the dying seconds..and as usual..Ginsoak calls us "boring and defensive" and gives us no credit for the win

Dear Slur Alex, (i mean Sir Alex)

I wish to apologise on behalf of my team Liverpool for not fully adhering to the rules of football on our recent visit to your stadium. You have pointed out a number of issues where Liverpool failed in their usual standards of good conduct:

Defending: You have pointed out that we did too much of this. This is quite clearly unforgivable. Sami Hyypia and Stephane Henchoz will be internally disciplined for failure to stop defending whenever your team came forward. It is quite clear that they should have allowed your wide and central attackers more rrom to cross and create chances, and they stood by and allowed the cnversion of these chances in order to give you the lead. Their title of "defender" must be changed immediately to "Assistant Man Utd striker".

Kicking the ball forward: Again, this is a travesty of our normal standards. The Rules of the Game and the Premier League Handbook shall be consulted immediately to determine whether there is any other way that the ball can be kicked in order to achieve our aim of scoring a goal.

Flair and imagination: A sincere apology for our lack of this, although in self-defence I plead mitigating circumstances. We currently do not have players to provide sufficient flair and imagination to meet your standards but we are working on this. Our aim is to match the flair of Arsenal in the short-term, although it is disturbing to see that they lost 6-1 on your ground last season. We are worried that a display of flar and imagination against you may open oursleves up to more attacking from you, however if this is the only way to try and win games according to the Rules of the Game, then we must adhere to it obviously. However I can find no such rule at the moment, I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

I appreciate that you are disappointed that we actually managed to win the game last night, but, having consulted the Laws of the Game Handbook held by The Premier League, UEFA and FIFA, I am still unaware as to why your public grievances should generate so much media attention, the toe of which appears to be that we somehow cheated or blagged the 3 points during the game.

We will endeavour to somehow make it easier for you next time, but I'd have thought that going on a wretched run of results prior to the game, putting a rookie right-back up against where we thought Ryan Giggs would be, sticking with a striker who has hardly scored this season despite playing well, and encouraging the derision of our players by our own fans just 3 days before this game was enough. Obviously not. Our brains are now stretched as to how much easier we can possibly make it, but we'll give it a go next season.

In the meantime, I await your clarification of Premier League Rules regarding our conduct, and trust that you will apologise in the same blaze of publicity if no such Rules exist. As ever, I doubt this, although to be fair I expected you to sulk like a child after defeat, just as you did earlier this season when you refused to speak to the media. It is interesting now that you can't stay away from them now that things are going well (before last night anyway!)

Yours,
    Tuseef

2. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    btw i started this thread as a bit of fun..no flaming please!

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool - Boring and proud of it

4. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    LOL you just spent £30m on a DEFENDER!!!!

whos boring now? ;)

5. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    and the correct answer is: ....tuseef :)

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool FC: You'll never snore alone...

7. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

all i got to say is
    1) i hate alex fergeson
    2)We ******************ed up thier season and the fa cup :D

I hate manure i think alex fergeson should start having fa fines etc for bad conduct. for tapping up vieara and for every comment that comes out of his mouth the dirty scottish b@$t@rd

8. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    i like how you carefully sidestepped my original point there ;)

9. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    lol that was funny. Good point tuseef about the defender. It just shows how bad they are in spending. Here Manchester United are spending 45million$ for Ferdinand, while Inter just spent 23 million$ about half the price, on Cannavaro, who is arguably as good. Fergie should stop critiscizing all the other teams and get a little smarter.....

10. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    but then he would be working for free ;)

ManUre PLC
    (est. 1993-2001)

RIP

11. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    he also claimed that he had been tracking Rio "ever since he was a young star on loan at Bournmouth"

then why didnt he make a move for Rio when he went to Leeds?

he did...18 months later for an extra £10/12m

how inept

12. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    my girlfriend says i'm boring but she still has sex with me!

conclusion: being boring rules.

13. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
  14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Interesting handle there lad.

I suppose that the FS stands for Free State given that you have the year '21 after it....yet you have Linfield in your teams list??????

15. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago
    Wow, a Scouser who can write! I'll bet you nicked that whole little letter of yours, along with the computer your using, eh?

16. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    the irish FS is because irish football began to take off after the Free State was formed. my mother also speaks of family i had who were Sinn Fein (not direct but 2nd cousins and such). the name isn't neccessarily for it's political aspects more as a period in which football began to grow in ireland. or so i've read. 1921 was also a year in which Linfield went crazy and won about as many titles as you can get.

-brandon

:linfield FC:
    2001/2002 Irish Cup Winners
    2001/2002 League Cup Winner

17. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I see.
    Pretty remarkable that somebody that has Sinn Fein familly is also a supporter of Linfield.

Perhaps there is hope after all :D.

AN bhfuil gaeilge agut?

18. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    you being an "out of towner" i thought i would give you a little education ;)

Manchester has FOUR times the crime rate of Liverpool for only 1.5 times the population

just in case your mathematics isnt that brilliant..let me simplify it for you...if (hypothetically speaking) Manchester and Liverpool had the same size population...it would mean Manchester has TWICE as many cases of crime than Liverpool does

and thats FACT

so, im afraid that little joke of yours is about 15 years out of date ;)

19. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    hahaha. i never said i supported my sinn fein family. but unlike most i don't put politics or religion in front of the teams i follow. since i can do it safetly from the states. now in two years when i move to ireland i sure as all hell will not follow linfield. i am a FORMER devout irish catholic. and the move would most likely result in a return to my faith. along with a switch in whom i follow :)

20. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    That's a little rude benny..!

If a computer fall off the back of a lorry and nobody hears it, is it nicking..? :D

21. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He he he ... I love how people who've never been to Manchester like to hand out the stereotypes about Liverpool. There's something quite cute about it.

Imagine the scene when he finally makes it to Rainland ... LOL!

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Know what?
    An enterprising young scouser could make a lot of money on the visiting yanks in scouserland.
    He could ..for example....set up a stall around car parking lots and offer security services for the protection of their hub caps....:)

23. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Not funny any more you Chelsea Bastid..!:)

When we'd park in the streets before the game (in the old days!) There would be a couple of smart Kids juggling bricks asking "Can I mind yer car mister" sorta like saying "I hope I don't drop a brick on it"
    We used to throw them a rag and say "wash the windows and meet me here later" You wouldn't say 'bugger off"

24. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Watch out. There's someone on BS who considers any dig on You'll never walk alone a celebration of the people who died @ Hillsborough.

Common sense doesn't prevail in that arguement, but watch out nonetheless.

But yes, Sir Alex is a jerk, and Liverpool are boring. Who would have thought 12 years ago that people would be chanting "Boring Boring Liverpool" and Arsenal would be the side playing attractive football?

25. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, only because they travel to better places to nick things now...