An American in Nepal and Nepal Football Club investment discussion

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 31, 2003.

1. DC_United

DC_United Member

May 8, 2008
    So what's his story then? Did he go to Nepal? How'd he do? What happened when he left? I know the ending (minister) but what's the meat!?!?!

2. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Who the ******** cares? It's Nepal. It's not even a real country

3. NOLA

NOLA Member

Jan 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure. I knew he went to play for Louisiana College with our high school coach at the time. I found out he was in Nepal around 2004. I heard he didn't really have that much success. Maybe one good game or two. But it was cool to see a fellow alum play in another country. I haven't seen the kid in years. He was an American football player. His soccer skills weren't the best, but his athleticism alone allowed him to dominate at the GK position. Proper training would have probably made him much better.

4. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all, Wallace Jackson is a BigSoccer icon

Second of all, the nation is almost 3,000 years old and was ruled over at one time by Siddharta Gautama, aka BUDDHA...so call them when the U.S. is out of diapers. Contemplate that unenlightened one.

5. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    You can read the thread. He went to Nepal but didn't live up to the expectations. The coaches/team felt he and Wallace would do better.

6. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Re: Kathmandu Club

Here.

7. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is still around. One of the all time classics! Still waiting for the movie "An American in Nepal". May be add a little martial arts and some sexy Nepalian women (if the exist)...