'Amor à Camisola' - The Jersey Thread

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No news as to the disappeared Portugal jacket?

2. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    My folks came back from Portugal a couple of days ago. While in Lisbon, they made their way over to Alvalade and did some shopping. They picked up a mini kit for Tristan (yellow) and it's great - came with the PT logos and everything. Much to my dismay, however, the yellow jersey for me was not what I was expecting. There are no PT logos, no sponsor on the back, no bwinLIGA logo, and the name and numbers are horrible - really nasty! I will post a picture of it later on tonight. On top of that, my folks still paid the €65 for the jersey - total rip-off job. Suffice to say, I am quite unhappy :(

3. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :confused: what do you mean, disappeared jacket?

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The black one that was on Subsidesports for a while but then disappeared, seemingly off the planet. It had like red stripes on either side.

5. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't think that was a Nike jacket, I mentioned that one and others to my contact in Portugal and he was unaware Nike came out with some of that stuff, i.e., it could have been fakes.

6. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Please have in mind that all of this stuff is not yet on our website. My nephew only comes in on the 13th I think. But you can call our store if you want to order something Toll free 1-800 714-1399

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Subside aren't known to post fakes up.

8. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I like it, has a bit of a retro look. IE: would go well with just a pair of jeans.

9. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sorry to hear that. The jerseys I got from Sporting were directly from Puma Portugal and they all have the sponsors (PT and Espirito Santo). As for the name and #s we will be getting the official stuff also from Portugal. Forca, can you confirm the min-kit did not come w/ socks? Apparently Puma doesn't offer socks in their mini-kits...

Also, 65 Euros is basically what we charge for the away Sporting jersey ($79.99)

10. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]
    This is the jacket I'm talking about.

11. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No socks in the mini-kit, chops...

As for the jerseys, yeah, I am disappointed because it was a lot of money for something that isn't official and yet it came directly from the club. I don't know if they were to press the logos on the jerseys there, but it looks really weird without them...

12. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yes, I recall seeing this jacket and it's the one precisely I spoke to my vendor in Portugal about. He actually called his Nike rep. right in front of me and confirmed (at least in Portugal) he and no one knew about this jacket! :confused:

13. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Like I said, it's the jacket that mysteriously disappeared... :D

Someone out there... has this jacket though... and when I find them... make no mistake, I will take the jacket... ;)

14. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I doubt they would go thru all that work... I can't explain it, I though they were getting their stuff from Puma directly. Sounds really strange and I would ask them to replace it with the official jersey...
    Anyways, I already had a PM about this Sporting Away Yellow jersey, so I figured I post it here on this thread, we currently have no more size XXL.

15. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LOL! XXL, that would be me! I am trying to lose weight so I can have more options in terms of getting jerseys! Yup, that is the only good reason to lose weight. :D Anyway, It is always worth the wait on the jersey to know I and the rest of the far away members are helping a fellow porkchop from Ironbound! Just so everyone else knows, I want dibs on the next XXL he gets! :p

Orlando in NC

16. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I bought the Rui Costa red jersey from the online Benfica store last month, but I still haven't recieved it. I wrote them an email asking whats up basically, and they told me it had something to do with the numbers for the jerseys, and gave me the option of cancelling my order (which I didn't, I'll just continue waiting). My guess is that they are waiting for the new numbers, which no longer have the Liga logo on them, but rather the bwin.com logo to come in.

17. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Oops, double post.

18. marcopaulo

marcopaulo Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Vancouver
    you might want to try footlocker. here in vancouver footlocker was the only store that sold those. i think it was exclusive to them.

19. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I doubt American footlocker would have it though...

20. marcopaulo

marcopaulo Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Vancouver
    imo they don't look that good in person. when i first saw the pic a few months ago i thought i would buy it for sure but it actually isn't that nice. it's not very good material like the anthem jacket. it almost feels like cotton and has some mesh on some parts and feels cheap. i recommend the anthem jacket if you don't already have it

21. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I will try to contact them, though I don't think that they will take it back now. We'll see what we can do...

22. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I spoke today on the phone w/ the company from Portugal that I deal with for the official name and #s and they told me they are also supplying all the teams in Portugal. The guys over there have been very busy the whole week trying to care care of the team orders so my order has been pushed back. They estimate they will be able to ship out my order by late next week or the early the week after. So, it doesn't surprise me that teams like Benfica haven't got their name and #s kits yet.

23. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I bought the official Rui Costa n10 jersey na loja do benfica and the numbers on them still had the SL logo not the BWIN logo. They told me the new numbers were not available yet.

I will be buying another red one for Xmas with the new numbers but a different player.

I know the jersey without the number and name is 65 euros, but how much are the official name and numbers going for?

I paid if not mistaken 75 euros for my Rui Costa jersey.