Amon amongst boys: Jonathan at Lynbgy BK (Denmark)Nordsjælland (Denmark)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, May 18, 2017.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well, Lyngby have sold their Icelandic head coach to Belgium side KV Kortrijk and replaced him with the Norwegian NT player Magne Hoseth, but as I have written before, then Lyngby is a constant lack of money, but there is little to no chance of them suffering relegation.

Casper repped this.
  2. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    BigSoccer responds:
    [​IMG]

Ceres repped this.
  3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    33-yo Gylfi Sigurðsson has ripped up his contract, not because he is unhappy, but because he is injured, and do not want to be a financial burden to the club, He has said that he will honor the deal and sign a new contract when he is fit, He earned around $60 million when playing in England, so he do not need the money.

4. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York

Amon scores again in a friendly 4-1 win over Norrkoping, a top flight Swedish side.

Ceres, Winoman, twoolley and 2 others repped this.
  5. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Amon starts a friendly against Veres Rivne (Ukranian first tier) in Turkey somewhere.

Winoman repped this.
  6. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Played 60 minutes of a scoreless draw. Club article about the match mentions him a couple of times setting up good opportunities.

Winoman repped this.
  7. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Amon played the first half of a 2-1 friendly loss to Hamkam. Not a YA battle, as it appears Kobe Hernandez-Foster has left the club.

8. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Amon subs on in the 64th minute against Randers, after an own goal put them behind. It ended that way. Amon credited with three shots.

9. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Lyngby faced last place Hvidovre today, a team with 12 goals so far this season coming in, and conceded four, losing 4-2. Amon subbed on in the 85th as they were chasing the match and had a couple of shots.

Winoman and twoolley repped this.
  10. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1285 Ceres, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    Well, it's now more or less settled which 6 teams are in the the playoff's fighting for medals, and the 6 teams who will be in the relegation playoff's, the bottom dweller is already 9 points behind Lyngby, but the fight to escape the 2nd relegation spot is going to be very close, from Vejle with 19 points to Viborg with 23 points as it stands right now with 2 +10 games left to play. Only Silkeborg could end up dropping out of top-6 with 2 games left before the cut, but it's not really that likely, because they have an extra game in hand.

https://bold.dk/fodbold/stillinger/superligaen

Winoman repped this.
  11. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Btw the 'g' is almost always silent in spoken Danish so Viborg = Vibor (Webor) and Silkeborg = Silkebor, though it's not silent in Lyngby, because it's two words in one, Lyng = Heather + By = town. Because of the Danish Viking invasion and settlements in England, you also find towns in England ending on 'By', like Grimsby and Derby.

TxEx, Dervos, The Irish Rover and 2 others repped this.
  12. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The problem Lyngby face at the moment came after they sold their Icelandic head coach Freyr Alexandersson to Belgium side KV Kortrijk and replaced him with the Norwegian Magne Hoseth and asked him to implement a different style of play. The rumor is that all the regular starters got highly uneased about the sudden tactical changes and Magne's lack of direction and lack of "fire" and belief in the project, so the Lyngby board then also go uneased and fired him after only 50 days and two league games as head coach, also admitting that it was a very difficult decision, and that they know it will make them look like "clowns" and reflect badly on their decisions of lately, but that there unfortunately were no other way out, because it all turned out to be a mismatch that was never going to work, so better not dragging it out.

Winoman and Casper repped this.
  13. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Perhaps I should mention that the favorite to replace Magne Hoseth as head coach or manager is David Nielsen who had a long career playing for many different clubs, like FC Copenhagen, FC Midtjylland and AaB Aalborg, but also in the Bundesliga for Düsseldorf, and in the Championship for Grimsby, Wimbledon and Norwich, before getting the job as assistant manager and then manager for the Norwegian top-flight side Strømsgodset, before moving on to Lyngby and the AGF Aarhus. He is now free on the market after a short stint at the Greek Super Ligue side AE Kifisias, that just as Lyngby, are known to have little to no money to spend.

Though the main point is, that Lyngby know him and he know them from when he managed to get them promoted to the Superliga and then finish 3rd to win the Bronze medals for them in the following season (that then earned him the job at AGF Arhus). So he is the sure bet with a lot of experience and charisma when dealing with the media, and not least has excellent man-management skills. So they will not experience the same kind of blunder or mismatch if they manage to sign him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Nielsen

Winoman and WrmBrnr repped this.
  14. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1289 Ceres, Mar 5, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    According to Lyngby's official website, they have now hired David Nielsen as their new head coach, not on a permanent deal (which he would not have been interested in any case, no matter who had approached him), but until the end of this season, and then we will have to see what happens from there.

As for Magne Hoset, then they all had high hopes when he was hired from semi-professional KÍ Klaksvik that was the very first team from the Faroe Island ever to qualify for a UEFA group stage this past season, and eliminating both the Hungarian and Swedish Champions on their way with Hoset as their manager and with an almost non-existent budget, which is why he got the job, but he had only been an assistant coach at top-flight level in Norway before moving to Klaksvik and then to Lyngby., and apparently the jump from being in charge of only one assistant and a semi-professional side, to a full-profession team where he was also in charge of 2 assistants and 6 other specialized coaches apparently was a move too far at this point in time. He has already proven his worth as a coach, but obviously need a bit more experience.

felloveranddidanadu, Casper and Winoman repped this.
  15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    FC Copenhagen hosted Lyngby BK today, in a slightly different degree of difficulty match than their midweek tilt with Man City. Copenhagen dominate 4-0; Amon subbed on in the 59th minute when it was already 3-0 and over.

This thread could use a title change:

Amon amongst boys: Jonathan at Lynbgy BK (Denmark)

@bungadiri
    @TheFalseNine
    @dark knight

bungadiri, Winoman and Gorky repped this.
  16. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well, Lyngby in their present shape would not be able to do anything in an away game against FC Copenhagen, that managed to eliminate Man United from the CL group stage, even if they are not quite in as good a shape right now after a very long winter break and lost 1-3 away to Man City.

17. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    Hmm he's playing with Gudjohnsen's son

19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1294 Ceres, Apr 17, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    'Sen' and 'son' is practically the same, you just know that when a name end on 'sen' instead of 'son' it's Danish, like Lars and Mads Mikkel'sen', Viggo Morten'sen' Hayden Christen'sen' , Michael Mad'sen' or Leslie Niel'sen' and so forth. Though there are exceptions, like Scarlett Johans'son' who is a Danish-American citizen (Danish father and American mother of Jewish/Polish ancestry)

eliwood and Winoman repped this.
  20. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Amon starts again vs Viborg. Match on onefootball.com. Early 1-0 lead for Lyngby.

21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Pulled after 83 minutes while they blow that early lead to fall behind 2-1. Watched a little of it - some nice dribbling, but poor overall passing, one good chance created that could easily have been an assist.

22. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1297 Ceres, Apr 23, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
    Since I have now lost of my right to free speech in this forum in a thread where I'm the most knowable because this soccer business model is my specialty and was formed in my home country, I will no longer post in this forum

23. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As they say in Germany, Was ist los????

24. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1299 Ceres, Apr 23, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
    I was trying to explain a very Danish but very non-American business model, that an Egyptian billionaire had agreed to, investing in a quest to improve soccer youth development and NT results in Egypt and then also with the promise to expand this to the US (San Diego) and UK , but with Nordsjælland being in charge and the role model so to speak. I'm the expert on this subject and have been denied free speech because of some uneducated US flag-waving nonsense.

So this will be my last post in this forum, in respect of especially your support, which I highly appreciate.

Winoman repped this.
  25. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't fully follow what happened, but I've always appreciated your informative and detailed posts. You and posters like you (local, knowledgeable, taking time to educate us American troglodytes) are one of the site's biggest assets. I hope you will stick around but understand if it's not worth your time.

twoolley, Winoman and Ceres repped this.