Amistosos: vs. Honduras, enero 18 (R) (News, etc...)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by HeartandSoul, Dec 21, 2008.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bottom line, utilero lost a lot of the respect he had rightfully earned the past couple of weeks.:eek:

In regards, to the game, Wanderers saved my weekend by winning the derby. :D:cool:

2. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I didn't watch the game but I've been reading comments and summaries of it and all that I can gather is that this game was a lot like:

-The game we lost vs Paraguay.
    -The game we lost vs Israel.
    -The game we lost vs Turkey.

We need to fucking STOP losing these games. Is it any good to impose such a quick pace if its gonna end up biting us in the ass every time our defense is vulnerable?

I feel we are not progressing. Bielsa HAS to take note of this.

3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We left one small major factor, we played with 10 players since the 35th minute of 1st half. :eek:

4. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ever since after Switzerland the first game under Bielsa, each and every time that Chile has lost it's with us not being able to score a single goal. Control and pace is at times displayed on the field. The one thing I always notice is how the other teams do not change their playing style and always keep it simple.

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Post in the Wanderers thread now, will you?!

God dammit! :mad:

:D:)

6. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Had to drive to Virginia and back to Houston... I've been disconnected with everything futbol related for the past two weeks :(

7. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hugh that sucks. Right before I came to Chile I took a bus from Daytona Beach to New York City. Thought it would be a "nice" experience. It was the worst 24 hours of my life.

8. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think the press is to blame for the shit talking both Chilean and Honduras press, controversy is their goal and and they got it.

I was at the game. Great crowd I would say 90-95% Full Stadium.

First half Chile deserved more and I would even venture to say the deserved to be ahead by at least one. Chile players abused individual play to showcase skill, I believe this was their biggest mistake, they should noticed that the Honduran lineup was also a technically full squad as well. Rough play was a hopeless reaction that made the game ugly at times(mostly form Chile). Honduras experiment of Mario Beata and Eric Norales did not work. They made too many rookie mistakes in the first half, way too much back passing that absolutely failed and put Valladares in constant danger.
    Second half they improved but if Chile woulda had Humberto Suazo they woulda easily scored in the first half.

Second half the expected changes were made, Pavon to give power and strength up front. Dani Turcios in the midfield to finish the forward projection, and Hendry Thomas to block that hole in the middle. honduras deserved more then 2 Goals in the second half. Boneike improved and combined better with Hendry and Turcios

In conclusion it was a fair result although Chile coulda of earned a goal but in football you don't earn you score.

(I posted this in CA thread but I thought it be nice if you guys saw the view from some one that was in the Stadium)

9. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I am subscribed already.........................

Anyone have a link for the aftergame press confrence if there was one with Bielsa........???

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We fully appreciate your insight.

11. indio09

indio09 New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    a video barra chilena section west of stadium

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVHiyUR296g&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Chile VS Honduras[/ame]

12. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    This is very true, sometimes I feel that when these players get a chance to show off in the National Team they take it too personally and want to run over opposition all by themselves...which usually backfires horribly.

If we are going to have these friendlies with alternative players, Bielsa should warn these kids before the match starts, remind them that this is a team sport.

13. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Ahí nomas la barra...veo mejores barras Chilenas en partidos de tenis. :D

14. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I don't really wanna be a... "metido" here but, why did you end up playing with 10?

15. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    If the ref was any better we should have ended with 9! :D

16. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yeah, but one problem i saw was that y'all wanted to play at our speed and that is what brought y'all down, i think a more technical style would have probably neutralized us, that is what Mexico does...

17. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You should watch more Chile games with Bielsa.

Mexico couldn't neutralize Honduras the last time around, they were playing down a man and getting bombarded.

18. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I think the main problem was many of these guys wanted to show off in front of Bielsa so they would get called to the NT. They tried to get past the defenders on their own...in the end it backfired.

Had we played as a team I think we could have closed this match in the first half and the players wouldn't have gone mental after being one goal down...

19. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If there's something wrong with the way we play it's probably that we play with TOO MUCH speed. There's no balance and it leads to crucial mistakes at the back.

Oh well, a friendly's a friendly... still, nobody likes to lose. :mad: Can we stop calling guys like Acevedo, Millar, Fuenzalida and Cereceda to the NT please?

20. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Didn't you see the game? :confused:

Fuenzalida fouled some player.

21. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Out of these four Fuenzalida and Cereceda will return.
    Can someone please tell me where I can find the complete game to see once again. I tried looking in rojadirect.org and justintv but no luck.

22. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    If There is something I(maybe all other Hondurans) take pride in is our speed, and if y'all rewatch the game you can see how tryin' to be cracks and instead of stopping us, Chileans wanted to be faster than us,that failed and is where the 1st goal came from, and the second thanx to our young prospect Marvin Chavez...our speed is hard to match...

I dunno, I think...yeah, thats it, i think i was tryin' to be sarcastic... just maybeee...:confused:

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So 2 out of the 3 articles kinda (not conclusively) prove your point. :eek:
    This is supposed to represent all Chilean press/journalism?
    Not to mention that the Austral Temuco is barely read outside its city (Temuco).
    La Nacion is also not really popular, but that's beside the point. :p

24. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    But I read them and they didnt disrespect Honduras at all:eek:
    One said that Honduras was kind of unknown but thats as bad as it gets and thats hardly disrespecting Honduras.

25. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yeh but normally someone is sarcastic to prove a point. You said
    "I don't really wanna be a... "metido" here but, why did you end up playing with 10?" , that was kind of random thats y;)