Pre-match: Amistosos: BRASIL x França, 26/3; x Chile, 29/3 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Brazil NT might be immune to your jinx.

omajac repped this.
  2. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Iran beat Chile 2-0!!! WTF??:eek::thumbsdown:

3. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well Galvão was saying they were not using their full team, but even so... Shocking result, I expect much more from them.

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Can't really complain about much today. Dunga subs were terrible. Willian did much better in the second. Still think we can used someone better but he has performed overall to his credit. Oscar was MOTM IMO. Gustavo and the backline played great. Best game I seen from Danilo in the NT and it has nothing to do with him offensively, defensively he impressed me.

Solid game for Firmino IMO. In comparison with Tardelli. I would of like to see him link up with Neymar a little better than he did though but it was his first start.

5. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Full team in the 2nd half only Vidal missing ;) Iran was missing 3 starters as well

6. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know this sounds crazy, but I would like to see L. Adriano and Firmino play up front together

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Every time Willian is criticized in a thread, he ends up playing well.

8. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And then the next game has a downer where we end up criticizing him again LOL.

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Congratulations, guys! I hope this helped in your preparation for Copa America. :)

(But please leave Oscar at home next time!)

celito repped this.
  10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just kidding - he's not terrible you know!

But for those of you that want him replaced with Coutinho - you'd better hope you have Maldini playing behind him; he's just not a wing player. He's been doing very well at Liverpool, but because they've left him play centrally and eliminated defensive responsibilities from him. You could try a Christmas tree with him and Neymar behind a striker, but you haven't played that formation before. Otherwise the natural player to leave out is Oscar, and I'm not sure Neymar will like that so much. The one thing that Oscar does really well is occupy the space where Neymar isn't, something Coutinho's not likely to do.

Oscar's a really unusual player, though I'm glad he did well today, obviously.

11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Willian isn't terrible and I was upset he wasn't used much during the World Cup.

As disappointing as this is to type, I don't think Coutinho has a spot on this team in the future besides being a backup. I myself just want to see him given a chance for just one game particularly because of his creativity that Oscar and Willian don't have as Brazilians. We don't know what Dunga says at training so I don't want to assume he just won't defend with Brazil esp since Dunga has emphasized that EVERYONE has to defend. He relays that message in training as well.

As far as Neymar goes, he has been friends with Coutinho since they were kids and said Coutinho would be the best EPL player in their league. I doubt he'd be upset at Coutinho's inclusion in the starting lineup.

12. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    NICE WIN! I really didn't expect it - Dunga on a roll, and all this without one fuking forward. Really sad that we cannot come up with one single solitary forward other than Firmino, but he did pretty good.
    Looked like we played with 5 volantes.
    Willian is definite starter for this team. Neymar comes through as usual - his dry spell at Barca has no effect on his NT performance.
    Defense first half, extremely shakie. We can't give up goals on these set pieces!
    Luiz Gustavo, Oscar all definite permanent starters.
    Would have liked to see Marcelo, especially at his present form.
    Now on to Chile.
    PRA FRENTE BRASIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I think Coutinho is more of a pure #10 in a game that's phasing them out; that's why Ozil's had to move around for almost every team he has played for recently. (Ironically the last manager to use him most as a #10 was Mourinho!) Those players are harder to accommodate generally, because if they're having an off-game, they're complete passengers. I also don't think that Neymar would literally dislike Coutinho taking up similar spaces, but you'd see a lot more frustration, and like it or not, you've built your side around Neymar (not a bad player to do so, mind!).

As for Willian, I was mostly joking. But admit it - you wanted him used more because you just thought Hulk was terrible :D

14. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Firmino is a playmaker in first place. He scores quites often though. Imho he could be more useful for closing the creative hole in the midfield.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Modern football is so funny ... teams with no #10s AND no strikers !!! Just a bunch of inverted wingers !

16. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hi Pandore,

I know you might have been joking about leave Oscar at home, but my big concern for him is that he hasn't had a summer off since 2010!!

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The French funs seemed very OK with the result. Didn't hear any booing at 1 x 3 and even heard some singing the French anthem. What's that about ? Anything to do with the Charlie Hedbo event ?

Pandore repped this.
  18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Any reason for his decreased goal tally this season?

19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, it would have been nice to win, but we have no competitive games until Euro 2016 at home so I think we're just watching friendlies for entertainment and for the preparation until next summer. Plus, generally speaking, French fans have a lot of respect for Brazil's football history. If it had been against a team we didn't like, there would have been a lot of booing! ;)

As for the singing of the anthem, I'm not sure, but I don't think it had to do with Charlie. Was it during the game or at the end? I didn't hear it

Oh no, I was serious! He's the reason we'll be missing Ibra, our top goal scorer this season, against Barcelona. :(

Bakaman repped this.
  20. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Even though he played as the #9 (or false nine at least), he only took two shots vs France... And both were quite good. I wouldn't mind to see him shooting more often!

21. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I heard it was because he playing more as a attacking midfielder this season rather than striker last season.

22. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well it makes me happy to hear other nations still respect us even after the German demolition :D Thank you, best of luck at the euros! :thumbsup:

Pandore repped this.
  23. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks and good luck to you guys at the Copa America this summer! I hope you guys win. It would make me happy to see our Brazilian players do well this summer.

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Are you sure you don't want to see an early exit so those players can be rested? ;)

Pandore repped this.
  25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not sure about that, I heard the fans booing us from the beginning. Straight when Willian got hit in the ribs and went down for a little bit. They thought he was faking it. Just kidding of course :D

But yeah, in Brazil we boo even in friendlies if we are not playing well. Just wondering if that was typical behavior in a friendly or not from the French.

I heard it towards the end when it was already 3 x 1.