Amistoso: México-Chile 16 de mayo (R)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Poor Iturra...I feel for him....but his angst was his condemnation. I think there will be no World Cup for him.

2. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Don't ever ever ever base anything from those contracted friendlies. Aguirre experiments like crazy for those matches. Bofo and Blanco playing at the same time and attacking from the wings, certain players out of position, FMF based players, etc...etc.

I expected more from Chile, yes, but credit should be given to Mexico. Mexico does this to teams all the time, forcing you guys to play our game, at our pace and controlling possession. The game went exactly how I expected, about a 1 zero win with controlled posession.

I hope this game helped you guys figure some shit out. Good luck in the World Cup.

3. ridv34

ridv34 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    La verdad no fue ninguna gracia ver este partido. De verdad faltaron delanteros. El mago y el mati se perdieron demasiadas oportunidades que debrian haber sido goles y no tenian a nadie que los ayudaran.

Mexico no jugo mal, pero Chile jugo pésimo.

Y no es por alejarme del tema de este partido, pero el Real Madrid empató, asi que lo más probable es que le den la patada. Dos malas noticias para Chile. :(

El profe tiene mucho que hacer antes que jugemos contra españa.

4. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I think that can be applied to Chile as well...Valdivia as a striker?...Valdez as a winger? ...and who was that Casto kid? Who the hell was that kid Bielsa put in the second half? I dont think he was even on the lists :D I think he was a sparring kid and he ended up using him...:confused: He came in with personality though...props for that.

I did not expect the match to go this way to be honest, I expected a 1-1 draw. I hoped to see Jean and Jara from the start, they clearly improved the team in the second half even 1 man down. I would like to say our possession and attacking also improved with a couple of missed chances (I hope Suazo and Alexis won't miss those in the World Cup), but overall that was also due to the Mexican side making a lot of changes and relaxing a bit (which would be a suicide in the world cup when only having a 1-0 lead) but since this is a friendly I think it was a smart move on their part.

5. ridv34

ridv34 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I really hope he is left at home. I feel bad for the guy, but c'mon, it was a friendly and the guy didn't last 2 minutes before getting a red card. And it was a nasty tackle too.

6. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    He won't be going to the World Cup....Estrada and Carmona are above him in the pecking order. Carmona is busy in Italy and Estrada is recovering from injury.

7. dxclaudio

dxclaudio Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well our players played out of position too, but regardless of what position they played in, there's no excuse for the lack of concentration and will of our players today.

You expected more? You don't even know how I feel. I didn't see the Chile that we have watched in the past 2 and a half years. Even when we played bad we at least fought for 50/50 balls, players were pressured, and our players looked to be on great physical shape. This game we not only played bad on offense and controlling the ball, but also didn't do the little things our team is known for.

The Mexican players looked to be in great physical shape. El "Benao" was the best player against Ecuador and against us today. I'm surprised he may not go, he looks pretty good.

As far as figuring shit out, yes I can not conclude that Valdivia-Mati can't play together because they put Valdivia in a position you could tell was super uncomfortable with. The guy looked lost. He was giving through passes to leave our wingers with no one to cross it to. So I would say I figured they can't play together if they plan to use one as a forward, perhaps he should of tried with him on RM isntead of CF.

Bosejour was our best player today, yet during world cup qualifiers he was our 7th or 8th best player. Cereceda is garbage and slow can't figure out how he still plays on our team. Same for Iturra, although he only got a few minutes in today.

Hopefully the players missing (Carmona, medel, Mark Gonzalez, Sanchez, Suazo, and Contreras) are in better shape than these guys because if they are not we're going to be very disappointed in the WC.

Good luck guys in the Cup. Less than a month away!

8. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Agreed, I have seen Chile loose 3-0 against Paraguay and Brazil and playing better than we did today. That first half was an aberration to what Bielsa stands for.

But I know we are better than this and it will show in the World Cup. :cool:

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    lol.

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ficha del partido

México 1 Chile 0

México (1): Guillermo Ochoa; Paul Aguilar, Francisco Rodríguez (69' Héctor Moreno), Carlos Salcido, Ricardo Osorio; Efraín Juárez, Gerardo Torrado, José Guardado (63' Adolfo Bautista), Cuauhtémoc Blanco (56' Pablo Barrera); Alberto Medina (56' Carlos Vela), Javier Hernández. DT: Javier Aguirre.

Chile (0): Luis Marín; Ismael Fuentes, Waldo Ponce, Arturo Vidal; José Pedro Fuenzalida (75' Francisco Castro), Rodrigo Millar, Roberto Cereceda (46' Gonzalo Jara), Matías Fernández; Jaime Valdés (46' Jean Beausejour), Jorge Valdivia, Pedro Morales (58' Manuel Iturra). DT: Marcelo Bielsa.

Goles: 1-0, 13' Alberto Medina.

Expulsado: Manuel Iturra (59').

Arbitro: Mark Geiger (EE.UU.).

Estadio Azteca.

11. BamBamZam1+8

BamBamZam1+8 Member

Jul 28, 2003
    A lazy performance under Biesla? Whatt? I didn't catch any of the game but I saw the score. Not too concerned with the result considering all of the missing players and that this was at Azteca. Man I can't wait. On more month!

12. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    He only has himself to blame. Same thing happened in Rio this week, the guy was playing the game of his life, and look at what happened

13. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    i feel like this game was a great learning experience for the team. obviously the pressing was never going to be what it is usually, given the altitude and the other factors, so i'm not concerned about that.

but the team was lost, they went down early, they were gasping for air, they weren't working well, they went a man down, they didn't have 80% of the starters, and they weren't playing with any forwards.......but they still managed to create some scoring chances and do a decent job of desperate defending.

this is a learning experience, and the dramatic improvement in the second half is incredibly important --> especially given that usually its in the second half when teams run out of steam and get raped by Mexico in the Azteca,

For me those are all positives that can be taken from the game. Having a good rival in tough conditions give it to you, and still be able to respond in some way and defend well (if desperately) is important in the WC...

Valdivia, when he came down a bit, played some balls in that with Suazo would have been at least a goal or two....we can't really blame Mati for not being a forward.

The defense had a lot of trouble in the beginning, but at the end they weren't beat all that many times considering Mexico's ball possession...in the end it actually stood up pretty well against a good offensive team.

Plus we learned certain things about certain players. Its pretty clear that right now Valdivia is more than MAti...that Itturra is a liability...that Morales defrauds for the NT...that Millar cannot be the starting 5...that Jara's leadership and experience can solidify a struggling defense...that Vidal for Cereceda is a MUST...that Jean can be a difference maker even off of the bench...and that Valdivia cannot play as a 9

overall, a good game to draw conclusions from

14. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No ví el 1er tiempo porque estaba en Rengo en el partido de Cobreloa por Copa Chile. Sólo ví el 2do tiempo, así que de eso opinaré:

Bien Valdivia.
    Marín evitó un gol, pero lo dejaron botado en una jugada anterior.
    Beausejour se perdió un gol.
    La defensa muy mal.
    Fernández y Millar pésimo.
    Iturra aweonao (ojalá no vaya a Sudáfrica, es un peligro público)

¿qué tiene de malo que entre el ÚNICO delantero que llevó Bielsa a México?

Después ví el resumen, y México debió habernos goleado. Por lo menos 4:0 hubiera sido lo más justo. Chile no existió ayer, aunque hay que considerar que faltaron varios titulares:

Bravo
    Medel
    Carmona
    Isla
    Sánchez
    Suazo
    González
    Jara entró recién en el 2do tiempo.
    Beausejour entró recién en el 2do tiempo.

15. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We lost to a superior mexico. Chile looked lost on the field. The defenders gave up so many balls to the Mexicans it was sad. Iturra is a dumbass who could have injured a key opposing player on a friendly (bad sportsmanship). I only liked Jara, Valdivia and Beau.

16. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    All in all it was a good test, if only the rest of the friendlies were this trying. I'm not looking forward to any of our future matches.

Vidal improved in the 2nd half. Ponce was very weak in distribution. Fuenzalida was eaten alive. Cereceda was lost out there, Validiva did what he could - creating at least 2 goal scoring chances, even though he was the one playing as striker! :eek:

17. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Solo vi el segundo tiempo, pero de lo que vi solo puedo decir un par de cosas:

- Millar de contencion? Ni en Colo Colo se la puede solo.
    - Ya no mas Matias Fernandez. Que coma banca igual que en el Sporting, su personalidad es inexistente.
    - La proxima vez que juguemos un partido, me gustaria hacerlo con delanteros. :eek:
    - Ponce y Fuentes son demasiado lentos para un partido de talla internacional. Se nota demasiado la falta de Medel, Contreras y Jara (aunque este ultimo entro en el segundo tiempo).
    - La proxima vez que jugamos en la altura, me gustaria que el equipo se aclimatizara por lo menos un par de dias.
    - Cereceda merece lesionarse antes del mundial.
    - Iturra merece ser detenido por intento de asesinato y por dejar prematuramente al equipo con 10 cuando habia chance de darle vuelta al partido.

No se si me falta algo mas... igual, valoro mucho este partido. Lo que me preocupa es si Bielsa sacara las mismas conclusiones de este partido que el aficionado comun y corriente, mas en lo que concierne a Fernandez el cual, para mi, es uno de los puntos mas preocupantes.

18. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    De acuerdo, la conclusion mas factible es la de que Valdivia esta sobre Matias...Luego que por la izquierda no debe jugar Cereceda (de titular por lo menos) y finalmente que Millar no es 5.

19. dxclaudio

dxclaudio Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Pero eso la mayor cantidad de hinchas lo sabe desde el partido de Colombia cuando ganamos 4-2. Pero bielsa, "el regalon de chile" no piensa de esa manera, y como bielsa a mejorado nuestro futbol tanto nadien se atreve cuestionar esa decision.

Cereceda no sola mente debe de no estar de titular, nisiquiera deberia de estar en la seleccion. Por la isquierda que juege Vidal, la derecha del pitbull. Tambien reemplaceria a Ponce por Contreras, Fuentes o Jara. Y de 5 nadie va a quitarle ese puesto a Carmona, ese es rapidisimo.

Ojalas que Bielsa por lo minimo deje al Mago jugar un tiempo entero en la copa del mundo. Los pases que ase son ecepsional, pero no le gusta por que es muy flojo en quitar pelotas. El wn se veia cansado ayer, ojalas vuelva al Palmeiras despues de la cope, se va a perder con los arabes.

20. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Claro que no es 5. El 5 es Jara.

Tampoco es 6, para mí el 6 debería ser Medel (para Bielsa, el 6 es Carmona).

Millar en Huachipato siempre fue un 8.

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Es interesante y curioso el caso de Carmona, que nunca ha jugado un partido "descollante" con la Adulta. Debe entrenar muy bien y/o Bielsa debe verle algo "a futuro" que le dice que el ex-Coquimbo va a ser figura en su puesta. Recordemos que comenzó su carrera como carrilero por derecha.

22. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Altitude and lack of focus.

Those two things combined (along with missing at least six starters) doomed Chile at Azteca.

Beasejour had no issues because he's used to the altitude and the noise.

I think that's why most of my paisas feel that Chile should've offered a bit more.

There are logical explanations to most of these issues but to me, the lack of focus shown by some of the Chileans, particularly in the first half, is alarming. Giving the ball away like that constantly will bite you guys in the ass with a more polished team in front of goal.

Either way it was a good game, despite all the negatives.

Buena suerte amigos.

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    My dad (who actually got to watch the game) stressed this to me, when I called him to get a HT report.

24. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    At times, I found myself wondering if they were doing it on purpose.

Granted, one of the things Aguirre has been working on is recovering the ball in the midfield and applying pressure to opposing defenders when Mexico doesn't have the ball but still, it happened too often.

I mean, it's not like Chile didn't create any scoring chances. I remember three specific ones where the Chileans should've done better, Matti Fernandez in particular had one against Ochoa where had he pulled the trigger sooner, he would've levelled the game early in the second half.

Pero bueno, para eso son estos partidos.

25. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    The crappy passing out of defense doesn't worry me as much since Ponce and Ismael will probably be benches for Contreras and Jara, but what you mentioned about Matias is very worrying indeed. He has been one of the starters for Chile during most of the qualies...but his level against Mexico was poor, very poor. On other times, he would have scored that chance he had...but the time in European benches have taken the toll on him...he is slow, clumsy, falls to easily and shows little of that wonderful precision and acceleration he had.

Even Valdivia, who was improvised as a striker, created and distributed more than Matias. IMO Matias will definitely be relegated to the bench, and Valdivia will return to his number 10 position.

Bousejour shows why he is a starter...he has pace, strength and acceleration to get past opposition and his aerial game is also very decent. If only he could SHOOT properly!