Amistoso: Brasil x Italia Feb 10 in Arsenal Stadium

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by old_carioca_in_nyc, Nov 13, 2008.

1. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Who will be called?

2. canarinhoamazonense

canarinhoamazonense New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    O Paris dos Tropicos
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    That wasn't really necessary.

Anyways, with this one 3 months away it's too soon to really speculate. Some players will lose form and be injured, or returning, or arise. I do hope that we finally get a look at Amauri and he's called in. It's long been time for him to play. And I also anticipate Ronaldinho being in there again too. But it's tough to speculate.

4. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007

I like the fact that we now have a couple of games against "stronger" teams, instead of Canada .... :rolleyes:

5. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Hello can anyone tell me who they call little Ronaldo I heard he is supposed to be good?

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Finally we're getting some good friendlies.

7. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Brazilian kid, he plays in Portugal:
    Real Madrid signs teenage striker Alipio, billed as the next Ronaldo

4 days ago
    MADRID, Spain — Unable to lure Cristiano Ronaldo away from Manchester United, Real Madrid has reportedly signed Brazilian prodigy Alipio Duarte Brandao - billed as the Portuguese forward's heir apparent.
    Madrid confirmed to the Associated Press on Tuesday that the teenage striker will begin training with the club's youth team later this week.
    News reports said that Madrid had beaten Chelsea to the 1.5-million-euro (C$2.3 million) signature of the 16-year-old Alipio, who will join the Spanish champion on a four-year deal from Portuguese club Rio Ave. Madrid would not confirm any of the contract details.
    "I'm living an enormous dream but I'm keeping my feet on the ground," Alipio was quoted as saying in Spanish daily Marca on Tuesday. "I'm fast, skillful and a scorer."
    Rio Ave youth team coach Pedro Cunha said that Alipio reminded him more of Brazil striker Romario than Ronaldo.

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

thanks very young still but in five years we will see how he progresses

9. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's about time!! It's a damn shame it takes 12 long years to play a fellow superpower!! :mad:

10. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The interesting development is that Amauri has reportedly received an Italian passport. So the wait may be over, and how ironic that his international debut might be playing for Italy against Brasil in this match?

A little bit frustrating. He should have been called in for Brasil a few times but was repeatedly overlooked, or he has turned it down. But not bringing him in IMO is incredibly irresponsible by the CBF heads and Dunga. It's inexcusable. Unless he vehemently and clearly stated he did not want to play for Brasil, he should have featured at least once to see what he could do for the Selecao since IMO, no forward spot is a lock right now.

11. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    This game will be familiar to Brasil - we have a lot of players who play in Italy!!!

- Adriano - Inter Milan - I hope he will score 2-3 goals, just to make his point with Mourinho.

- Pato - AC Milan - same as above, to score points with his coach Ancelotti.

- Others who don't need to prove anything: Mancini, J Cesar, Maicon, Kaka, Doni.

12. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Adriano probably wont even be in Italy by the time of the Italy game!! He'll either be in Man City or back in Brazil!!

13. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    say whaaaaaat? wow i didn't know we were gonna play italy! sweet, i thought i was going to have to wait until the confed cup to see this. personally i've never seen these two go head to head so i'm looking forward to it! :D

i'd like to see the same midfield and attack opened with against portugal (except silva) wow...this is months away but i'm already worked up for it haha.

we thrashed the argies at the emeriates, hoping we can do the same with the italians ;)

14. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Man I hate it when teams have to use naturalized players. Way too many teams are doing it more and more. But thankfully I'm pretty sure Brasil will never do it.

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Agreed.

It may be argued that a one-time cap for Amauri, to lock him in permanently as a Brazil NT player, may have been selfish. But it would be infinitely better, and within the limits of fair play, to have done so; the alternative would have been, of course, to see a player like him defend an already mighty and competitive side like Italy.

When even a four-time World champion like Italy is taking advantage of foreign-born players (Camoranesi, an Argentine of Italy ancestry, played for Italy in Germany 2006), Brazil has no excuse to allow a perennial rival for the World Cup to strengthen itself with Brazilian talent.

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Also, isn't it a bit early to discuss this match? We have nearly 80 days before this match.

18. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Well now I don't feel bad for Mexico anymore after Italy's move for the Brasilian and look at Spain they also have Sienna that guy Brasil should of jumped on quick he is pure quality. Also Germany has that one guy that has Brasilian citizenship and has rufuse to play for Germany for the meantime, I can't remember his name I know he plays for Shalke and is a forward Kuranyi thats his name he is bad a_ _. By the way has tickets went on sale for this game and if not when do they and what site can you purchase them?

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What point ?? That he can keep partying and keep scoring goals ??? :p

20. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I wouldn't count out Amauri for us just yet. I still think Dunga might tinker with our forward line since I really only see 3 guys right now -- Luis Fabiano, Robinho, and Adriano. Dunga's media discussions could just be him blowing smoke -- if you look at his latest comments, he only mentions those guys above. The 4th spot is still free and Pato is clearly not ready yet, nor Love or Jo. So who knows. A lot can change in the next few months.

21. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    This was in today's globo web site:

De acordo com o jornal “Tuttosport”, de Turim, o atacante Amauri estará em campo no amistoso entre Brasil e Itália, dia 10 de fevereiro, em Londres. Mas o destaque do Juventus, nascido em Carapicuíba (São Paulo), usaria a camisa da Azzurra.

Em sua edição desta terça-feira, o “Tuttosport” afirma que o jogador receberá a cidadania italiana em 1º de janeiro e ficará livre para ser convocado pelo técnico Marcello Lippi, já que nunca foi chamado para a seleção brasileira.

Amauri ganhará a cidadania porque sua esposa, Cynthia, mora na Itália há dez anos e entrou com o processo de naturalização. Pela lei do país, como os dois são casados há três anos, o marido também vira cidadão italiano.

Segundo o jornal, Amauri é o preferido de Lippi para substituir Luca Toni, que não tem tido chances na Azzurra. O técnico evitou o assunto:

- Até que haja a possibilidade de convocação, não levo em conta isso. Só faço as coisas que podem ser feitas – disse Lippi ao diário.

Recentemente, Dunga foi perguntado sobre as chances de Amauri ser convocado pela seleção brasileira, mas o treinador afirmou que jogadores como Adriano, Jô, Luis Fabiano e Alexandre Pato estão na frente.

Com 10 gols marcados até agora, Amauri é o artilheiro do Juventus no Campeonato Italiano (dois atrás dos goleadores Gilardino, Milito e Di Vaio). No último domingo, o atacante brilhou ao balançar a rede duas vezes na vitória por 4 a 2 o Milan.

22. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    ugh yeah i saw that. i dont understand how he can be ahead of pato or jo. just blows my mind -- as im sure it confuses most brazilian fans who read about him as well as the media. i mean, dunga can still call him up -- but i guess amauri has all the leverage here.

he probably won't play for brazil unless he has some assurance that he will in dunga's future plans. lame.

23. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    My previous post was a bunch of fofoca! Amauri said he is Brasileiro!!!

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dunga needs to stop being so stubborn. He said Amauri needs to prove his worth the last time he was asked about him and I think he has more than done that.