Amica and Lech Poznan Fusion!!!

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Bialagwiazda21, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ
    Gazeta Wyborcza reported today that Lech Poznan is being bought out by Amica and the two teams will be combined. This is great news for the Polish League because it looks like Poznan will have a team strong enough to rival
    Wisla and Legia. I watched Liga Plus (the weekly wrap-up of the Polish League on Canal+) and they had a report on this saying that with a new stadium that is being built in Poznan, the enormous fan base and the financial backing of Amica (along with some other sponsors like Lech beer) in a year or two this should be a Champions League caliber team.

2. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    with a fan base and stadium like amica has its almost impossible to generate income. lech (this name stays of course) will be a strong team but i doubt the fact it will win the league in 2-3 years. lech has too much debts which need to be repaid first. amica aint microsoft to come in and pay milions on the first day. furthermore a team combined of the best lech and amica players will be just amica + 2-3 potatoes in the lineup so how can they be european format? strenghtening the squad will be the second priority but it will again take time and money. the whole process will imo take much more time but the effect of it could be as stated. still i would rather see lech relegated than in europe :rolleyes:

3. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    i disagree. I think this is a great move, and that the team will be strong. Along with the new stadium, and added fanbase, this club now has all the tools to become a real polish contender in Europe.

4. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    i also think thats a good move for them but it will take some time to reach european level. but that doesnt mean its a good move for me since i dont the best to the enemy

5. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    hahha ya true. I knew they were talking about this for awhile and I'm really happy they decided to go through with it.

p.s. why do you like parma?

6. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ

Reiss, Gregorek, Kikut, Sasin, Micanski...That is going to be a strong team. If you look at the standings they are already 4th and 5th respectively (6 points behind Wisla). I agree that they are not going to be a European powerhouse in one year but they will make a run at Wisla and Legia, there is no question. Should make the spring runda very intresting. I wonder who will coach.

7. Astargoth

Astargoth New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Michniewicz most likely. Remember that Skorza was sacked a while ago. I think selling Zakrzewski to Arka is a sign that they were thinking about it earlier.

8. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    well i really dont know :) probalby beacause of the fact that they always had lots of young and talented players

9. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    the fusion has became a fact. both teams will play in orange ekstraklasa until the end of the current season. the new team named kks lech poznan will play in the league from the beginning of the next season

10. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    and there will still be a team in wronkach, playing in the polish third division, and used for player development. I really like this idea:)

11. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Amica v. Lech in the spring round should make for an interesting show.
    If Amica finish ahead of Lech and make it into the UEFA spot will they go with that place, or are they going to use the Lech Poznan spot to determine its placement in the Orange Ekstraklasa?

12. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm pretty sure that if amica gets a uefa spot, than it will be KKS Lech Poznan in the competition next year. Is the new stadium going to be ready for the start of next season?

13. pivociak

pivociak New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Otwock, Poland
    they will have not only best players from both teams. what about stuff? coaches, physios, scouts. this makes many more possibilites to make KKS very good club

14. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Its a very interesting situation, and hopefully, for polish soccer, it works out for the best.

15. slask

slask New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Your all in trouble once Slask come up lol

16. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    does any club play out of the slaski stadium in chorzow, or is that strictly national?

17. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    its for national purpouses only

18. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    finally, we won't have a team in ekstraklasa named after a fvcking kitchen appliance!

19. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    or playing in pretty much a hicktown with very little fan support.

20. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    hohohoho but we still have a team from a hicktown named after a car seat producer :cool:

21. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    I doubt Groclin will do such a thing. But if they did think about it, is there a team near them that they could merge with?

22. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
  23. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    toooo bad.

24. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    dont really care beacause top flight football played between a field of potatoes and a field cabbage doesnt have a future and it wont last for long

25. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    they have had a few decent players go through their team though(rasiak, niedzielan etc.)