Americans on the Go for January!

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Line9Foul, Nov 23, 2004.

1. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    link?

2. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that bit was laughable.

3. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

just rolling in the floor hilarious actually...

4. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Somewhere else on BigSoccer (SJ Quakes page, I think).

5. soccermandan

soccermandan New Member

Jun 9, 2000
    Nebraska, USA
  6. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's what's on Google's News search in case you don't want to 'subscribe'...

San Jose Mercury News (subscription), CA - Nov 24, 2004
    ... With Donovan headed to Germany and sources indicating that Ramiro Corrales will likely to be playing in Norway next year, the Earthquakes will need to find a ...

7. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rico Clark is there stricty for training like many of our young players this offseason. I am kind of amazed at all the wild speculation about these guys being on the move. I understand it to be MLS as the one who is negotioating these off season training stints for the players. As their contract holder I find it hard to believe they would volunteer to let their assets audition for a transfer. It seems more like a move designed to benefit the actual player by imersing them in a different training enviroment to help with their development..notice they are all young players that are doing these training programs.

As to Rico CLark, he is not eligable for a english WP. And Wigan is most likley going to be promoted this season sioits a good club to train at. You can take him off the list, he is going nowhere.

Thats my theory. The guys out of contract are another matter. THe Norway situation is disturbing to me. What are their regulations on forgein players? How may MLS players could actually play there in their 1st division? IS Norway a country that Americans would want to live in?

My biggest fear here is that Norweigan clubs value American talant and the word gets out to agents who will go all out to get tempting offers from Norway in an effort to pad their commisions. Time will tell, but i probably just over reacting here.

8. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Norway has a 2 foreign (non-Euro) player limit.