Americans on the Go for January!

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Line9Foul, Nov 23, 2004.

1. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What EU requirement?

2. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Mike, he called you a journalist. Them fighting words.

4. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta

This is the negative rep quote I received from Treetaliano for the above post...
    If I am a 'grade A wang' for calling out an "author" that steals one-liners from BS posters and uses one of the lines to insult the faith 10+ million people what in the hell must Treetaliano be besides Mike S.'s bitch?

Treetaliano, kiss my 'grade A' ass!!!

...and bite my 'grade A wang'!!!

5. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dorados is a club in Culiacan on the western coast of Mexico near Mazatlan. They are a newly-promoted team in the 1st division.

6. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great stuff, but....
    ".......Take this to the bank and write checks on it for the cable modem you're going to need to follow arguably the best player in the Americas......"
    As in North America, Central America, and South America?
    LD? Hmmmm.....

7. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the point. It wouldn't be funny if it was a fair comparison.

8. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dorados is from the city of Culiacan, Sinaloa. It is not too far from Mazatlan. They were just recently promoted. It would be very surprising if they escape relegation, IMHO. It is hot as hell in Culiacan ... Culiacan is more of a baseball town than futbol.

9. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the next guy called him "ignorant and tasteless," so that should remove some of the sting. :D

10. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Seems like Szetela should go abroad for some training since he didn't get a full season. Maybe Everton. ;)

11. Bryan Gividen

Bryan Gividen New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Provo, UT (BYU)
    So to make this post on topic I'll say... Donovan is going to Germany in January. There.

NOW! For the off-topicness....

I'm Mormon and I think both Rocky Mountain Taliban and the anti-mormon hand grenade were funny (with the Jolt sode picture being friggin hillarious...)

However, I tend to make fun of other religions and my own included, so I stand to be a bit more tolerant. Just like Catholics, Jews, and Jehovah's Witnesses, and the such, there are people who take things as just a joke, and there are people who think any sort of sarcasm or light heartedness aimed at their religion is an attack on the very foundation of who they are.

I just fall in the first camp.

(Super, super side note. Caffeine is not a "cannonized" part of the Word of Wisdom. Many, many LDS people still drink coke and are considered more than worthy members.)

12. Freddy Garcia Lives

Feb 28, 2003
    Tumwater, WA
    As an LDS man (Mormon), I always joked around with my friends that I'd show up at the party with a six pack, of jolt that is. But as a dental student, "all the sugar" isn't such a good thing, and "twice the caffine" don't help. My only issue with the Talliban comment is that some actually would take it as truth. Personally, say as you like.

As to this thread, anyone know if McBride is going to stay put with all the talk of Fulham playing musical chairs with it's players.

13. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    gotcha. thanks, I knew it was something like that but wasn't sure of the percentage

14. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Thanks. And by the way, I always thought Corrales was a bit underrated. I think he could be a useful addition for a decent MExican side.

15. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed your post.

Opps, did you coin that phrase too?

16. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    time for a thread split?

Twellman to Germany was rumored. But he's not a free agent

I think Dempsey and Clark are just there for training spells, no matter what they're calling it. but if the offer is right ...

almost sure Dempsey is going nowhere but what do i know. Metrostars have more of a logjam in central midfield but I really think Clark is in their plans more than anyone but Guevera for the midfield

You could list all the "training spells" to the list and all the "out of contract" MLS players cause it seems most any could find work somewhere in Europe

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    '

Your exact number, thanks to your friendly KNVB rep:€401,715.00

;)

18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody knows this.

Highly doubt it. I'm thinking that, as was said, he needs a good training stint and another solid year.

Those Scandinavian teams confuse me.

Yup, probably. I'd guess Mexico.

Same as Dempsey, minus the training stint.

Would Clark qualify for a work permit?

Unless Earnie really wants to move back to Holland, I can't see him playing anywhere else other than DC.

He may not go anywhere. I'm starting to believe that SAF may have him skip the loan period.

I think Clint will stay in Germany. I would guess he'd go to a high flying B2 team.

Doubt Fulham. KK will probably to RSL, but due to Spurs goalkeeping situation, it won't be until summer.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Eko gets a look by somebody.

And I doubt TT gets a look at Germany. IIRC, he left Germany because of his attitude.

Why is everybody being so uptight over that morman crack? Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

19. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earnie has already said he is returnign to Holland although I heard he may sign with his first club 2nd division VV-Venlo

20. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I know he had a crap game against Jamaica, but talk about overreacting! :D

21. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Last night, an angel came to me, dressed in RSL garb. He handed me this message from God...

"Henceforth, all references including the phrase 'Rocky Mountain _____' shall be deemed to be made in jest, and shall be viewed with a levity of heart such that many will exhibit strange behaviors, such as mild convulsions of the 'belly', odd barking noises, and occasionally, the turning up of the corners of the mouth. They I have chosen, will take their Rocky Mountain Oysters out of their mothers' purses. By these and other signs you shall know them...

PS - Sorry about the first 10 years of your franchise..."

He told me some other things too, but said I should keep them under my hat for now... ;)

22. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mike Segroves again.

I guess this is another way of saying, "Keep up the good work, Mike."

23. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BS just wouldn't be the same without him

24. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Hey, ask teenage girls in Hilldale/Colorado City if the LDS-Taliban comparisons are fair.

Then again, I guess the "FLDS" are somehow separate from the LDS... [All the same self-styled prophet, though...]

25. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    btw, someone somewhere else said that Corrales is going to Norway, not Mexico.