AMERICANS: How do you get your Bundesliga? RESOURCE THREAD

Discussion in 'Germany' started by WerderBremenYank, Jul 7, 2005.

1. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, i was wondering how all you americans out there get your weekly dose of bundesliga during the season?

How do you follow all your teams games and such?

Really im asking for all of us fans to band together and provide online resources for the bundesliga community here so we can watch our teams as the season goes on.

Heres what i got:

www.********.com usually 1 or 2 bundesliga match available for download here, bit torrent style.

I also manage to get werder goals and highlights every week, which i am willing to share with you guys here

do any of you guys have other means of getting bundesliga (other than FSC) you can share?

2. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003

Living here has helped a lot. ;)

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Ba$tard. :(

:p

5. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003

I couldn't resist. :)

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe you should check into bundesliga audio? I watch the matches on FSC and also follow the radio on Bundesliga.de
    The Bundesliga website can be translated if you do a google search than click on the translate option next to the Bundesliga link.

I usually follow the match trackers....quite accurate and fast.

I have heard rumors that Chinese cable tv on the net televises tons of european football matches. That might be a great option if you have DSL.

Good luck.

7. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you have the Dish Network's "SuperDish", you can buy their "German Packet". It includes "GermanTV" and "ProSiebenSat1Welt". "ProSiebenSat1Welt", carries on BL match on Saturday and Sunday.

If you have DirecTV, you can get a Setanta Sports Package that includes Bundesliga Football.

There used to be "Coolstreaming", but I think that's been shutdown.

I thought I saw someone post about an alternative that's out there now, but I can't be sure about that.

Wish I could help more! :( I'm at FSC's mercy myself.

The best thing I can think of is for many of us to band together and swamp FSC with mail, faxes, e-mails and phone calls demanding more Bundesliga.....

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How much do these packages cost? Is Digital Cable cheaper or dish better? I wish that FSC would stop showing arg and brasil league matches. Come on, all the great ARG and Brazil footballers play in Europe anyway....I would like to see 1 more Bundesliga match a week.
    1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday....that would be great.

9. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I totally agree. I will watch just about any kind of soccer, but whenever there's an Argentine or Brazilian match on, for some reason I just can't get into it.

I'd love to see them trade those two leagues for Serie A and La Liga. (Oh, and more Bundesliga, of course.)

10. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Each package and Dig Cable vs. Sat depends on where you live...Setanta Sports USA on DirecTV is $11.99 / month and local cable here does not have it yet.

11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I feel the exact same way. I got GOLtv to watch Serie A and La Liga. They show 3 matches from each league a week. I don't think FSC will be able to pry away the rights from GolTv, unless they buy GolTv.

I liked when FSC had the Dutch league too...good stuff. I enjoy watching Ligue 1 too. Both leagues show some great football talent and future stars.

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, as far as I know, cable doesn't have any of the good football channels. They are all on the different satellite services.

13. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info on the direct TV stuff

we're lookin at gettin that instead of our digital cable, that should help out a lot :)

14. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    I watch the Bundesliga on FSC. I agree with Catfish and Hexenmeister, less Argentina and Brasil, more German soccer!

15. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Unfortunately I have no Sat or digital TV.

So I mainly use bundesliga.de, and kicker.de, along with tsv1860.de to follow die Löwen. The bundesliga and kicker game tickers are excellent, but not as full-featured since 1860's been in the 2. Liga.

I especially liked when bundesliga.de had audio casts for all games before the Kirch media collapse. I had heard a rumor that bundesliga.de was thinking about having web video for the 1. Liga match of the week for the upcoming season. Does anyone know anything about that?

I subscribe to the Major League baseball MLB-TV package, $20 a month for web broadcasts of any MLB game outside the city you live in. I'd hope the other sports leagues throughout the world will soon follow suit.

16. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If you are capable of speaking German and have time on sdaturday and sunday mornings you can follow the Bl through the Inet quite good.
    There are a couple of tickers, also some teams do some tickers which seem to be better than those of bundesliga.de and other major sides.
    Also, the public radio stations broadcast from the game (mixed with music and news and stuff) and you can get them through the Internet via lifestream. Try NDR2, WDR 2 or HR3 for example...

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Before "Coolstreaming" I would do that with "B5" (Bayern 5)

18. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    C'mon, guy. These countries never stop producing great footballers. It's always good to watch these leagues play.

I'm at FSC's mercy myself, although I wanna get DirecTV. Having FSC, Setanta, TyC, FSWE (not to mention the NFL Sunday ticket, Go Jaguars).

19. samvan26

samvan26 New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    stetanta sports usa does not broadcast bundesliga matches, i have it!

20. Hawki

Hawki New Member

May 4, 2005
    NorCal, USA
    FSC & LiveScore ...

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

According to their website they either do, or they will starting this season.....

http://www.setanta.com/usa

22. Hawki

Hawki New Member

May 4, 2005
    NorCal, USA
    Looks like it just might be a highlight show. It's really hard to tell when the league is not active.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Looking at everything, you and samvan26 are right. It would be hard to believe that three stations would be authorized to show Bundesliga matches in the USA.

Sorry!

24. wolves66

wolves66 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Setanta has first choice of Bundesliga match on Saturdays.Thats why FSC had so many relegation battles last season.They showed the last few weeks of the season on direct tV and all season long on the Pub channel which is now the Setanta Sports channel on Direct TV.This Saturday they are showing a Best of Bundesliga mini-marathon.Now if someone would pick-up the Sunday game in English

25. chelodelgado

chelodelgado New Member

Feb 3, 2004
    I used to dl from a chinese site, they had more games than ********.com. As a bayern fan I dl every Bayern game in 2005. But unfortunately, the site seemed to have moved.:(