American Wolves supporters group

Discussion in 'Wolverhampton Wanderers' started by Eggy, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    If there was such a thing would you join and do you know any others who would?

I'm not making this a poll cause fans of the Sh.i.t could sabatoge the votes.

2. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Thats nice Chris but whats it gotta do with the topic?

4. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aww, now would I do a thing like that? :D

I should mention that the brand new WBA-USA Supporters Club had its first meeting last January at the Mad Dog in the Fog in San Francisco after the Manchester United home match...

Just kidding.

Seriously, best of luck in getting a US supporters club together. I'm not sure if you plan on modeling it after ManYoo's MUSCUSA (I know a few people in that) or Arsenal America. It would probably depend on two things: number of supporters you can attract, and if you can get the support of the club.

5. kwik1980

kwik1980 New Member

May 27, 2003
    Norwich, NY
    It's an interesting idea, but I think the problem is going to be that we are all very spread out, and it's not like we're going to be able to go on many group excursions to Molineux. (There was a similar post to this on the Express and Star's Molineux Mix, and since it made so much sense, I'm going to totally and shamelessly rip it off...)
    That said, if someone were to organize a supporters group, I'd be interested.

6. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I put that on Molineux Mix.

7. kwik1980

kwik1980 New Member

May 27, 2003
    Norwich, NY
    Well, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so it was a good idea then...

8. Fireball_Dan

Fireball_Dan New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Palos Park, IL
    Would it be with one centralized location (like Man U.), or would we have several branches across the country (like Celtic)?

9. kwik1980

kwik1980 New Member

May 27, 2003
    Norwich, NY
    I think you'd need to see how many people would actually be interested in joining the group. It doesn't make sense to have many branches if each branch only has 2 members.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Get me a Wolves jersey and I'll join !!

11. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    That was part of the plans. Try and make it so we can get our hands on more Wolves stuff, make support in America recognized etc.

Problem is we are all spread out. And it would cost some money to get started.

12. kwik1980

kwik1980 New Member

May 27, 2003
    Norwich, NY
    Well, if you're going to start it, this seems to be the place to get it all organized. If you wanted to formally get a group going, we could start with sharing information on here until we could actually get a website/face-to-face meetings going.

Since you seem to be the one behind all this Eggy, I'll ask you: Have you contacted the club to see if they would be willing to give recognition/backing to this group, or have you talked to other American supporters groups to see how they did it?

Another suggesstion would be to try and get in contact with Truls Månsson, who runs Swedewolves, which seems to be the most well-organized (and biggest) of the foreign Wolves supporters groups. Their website (which has sections in English, but is mostly in Swedish) is at http://www.swedewolves.com/ He may know a thing or two about getting support from the club.

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Get us some Wolves jerseys at good prices in XXL :)

14. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    NYM you must be a big guy.

I was going to talk to Truls and see what he says.
    I could get the clubs backing I'm sure. I may also talk to the Arsenal and Celtic groups in America and see what they offer their members.

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    broad shoulders.....

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    yea.... definately the broad shoulders....

17. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
  18. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    *#*#*#*#...my *#*#*#*# never works

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    That's not a Wolves jersey!! :)

20. Galgowski

Galgowski New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    River Falls, Wiscons
    I would be very interested in a supporters group. I would love to have a group of people to talk to about football and Wolves since I am only 16 and live in western wisconsin, i know too much about football and cant talk to anyone about it since no one understands, let me know if anything is going to happen...

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    People need to be able to get Wolves jerseys in the states before a Wolves supporters groups is formed in the states me thinks.....

22. davevincent

davevincent New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I just moved to California. This is the only link I found about the possibility of fellow Wolves supporters in the SF area. Anyone out there?

23. 2soX

2soX New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Pete, FL
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are here, just not in a concentrated form.

:eek:bump:eek:

24. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy gravedigging, Batman!

25. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A friend was talking about the fulhamusa.com group as being one of the best organized team supporter's group from the states.

what has happened with the wolves possible group?