American Samoa

Discussion in 'Oceania' started by Vince Massi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Vince Massi

Vince Massi Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    S. C. Seahorses
  2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are 11 countries below American Samoa in the FIFA Rankings, Andorra, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia, British Virgin Islands, Eritrea, Somalia, Djibouti, Cook Islands, Anguilla, Bhutan, and San Marino. Bhutan and San Marino have 0 points.

3. Vince Massi

Vince Massi Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    S. C. Seahorses
    Right you are, Evan. As of August 14, 2014, American Samoa is ranked #198 our of 208 nations.

They're moving up! The American Samoans (who are racially identical to the Samoans) have been playing real soccer with real leagues for a couple of months now.

4. Gee Yoonit

Gee Yoonit New Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That's pretty cool. If the game develops in the pacific, I wonder what style of play Samoan teams would have. Samoan athletes naturally have good pace and power, but are not really known for our long-distance stamina. Technique would have to be taught as well. But as long as people are being introduced to the beautiful game, it's all good!

I always wondered what a Samoan supporters group would be like. I'm sure they'd have a blast with the different songs and chants they could use. Alu Samoa! :thumbsup:

5. Vince Massi

Vince Massi Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    S. C. Seahorses
    #5 Vince Massi, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    You'll be happy to know that the American Samoa Women's Team just won the first round-robin in the Australia Cup.

I'm not sure what that means, but they got a trophy for it.

Movin' on up! In the September official FIFA rankings, American Samoa moved up five places to 193 out of 205 teams.

Gee Yoonit repped this.
  6. ioppolo

ioppolo Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Anyone seen 'Next Goal Wins'?

Dax repped this.
  7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Late post, but I did, a few days ago. Wonderful, easily the best football-related movie out there.