American Outlaws, Hartford Chapter - Please Read

Discussion in 'Hartford, CT' started by wolfp10, Sep 30, 2009.

1. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the American Outlaws Hartford Chapter's board on Bigsoccer!

For those interested in joining us, our Facebook page is here.

The American Outlaws Hartford Chapter are a group of residents of the Greater Hartford area who aim to Unite and Strengthen the support of the U.S. National Team and soccer in general in the Greater Hartford area. Membership is open to any individual willing to support the U.S. and Hartford soccer.

Our US game viewings are currently held at City Steam Brewery, located at 942 Main Street, in Downtown Hartford. All are welcome to join us at our events.

2. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Good afternoon everyone. I have a couple of updates for the upcoming US qualifiers and some other events.

1. USA v Honduras, October 10 at 10 pm EST. For those that don't know, this game will only be broadcast on closed circuit pay per view. I have yet to find a bar willing to air the game; from what I have been told directly the provider of the game is asking for quite a bit of money for the rights to air it. So for the moment there will not be a viewing for this game. For the Revs fans in our group, there is a chance the CBS Scene bar at Patriot Place will be airing the game for free, which will happen after the Revs-Columbus game that night.

2. USA v Costa Rica, October 14 at 8 pm EST. This game will be on ESPN2, so I propose a viewing party at City Steam Brewery that evening. I believe they have a drink special that evening, but I will doublecheck. Please tell everyone you know about the qualifier, as this game will be quite important for both the US and Costa Rica for qualifying for the World Cup.

2a. If anyone is interested in going to DC for the game (I may be going) Southwest currently has some cheap flights from Bradley to BWI airport for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. AO is currently still selling supporters tickets for the game.

3. If anyone is interested in attending a UConn or UHart soccer game as a member of AO Hartford, please let me know. I would like to reach out to these groups and let them know who they are.

If anyone else has any ideas or leads to expand the group, feel free to have at it and spread the word. I look forward to seeing everyone on October 14.

Yours in Football,
    wolfp10

3. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YAY, a new forum!!

I just sent a link to another guy that I know is interested.

4. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're telling people where the game is on in Foxboro MA, why not say where the game is being shown in New York . At least there would be a prospect for a fun night.

Also, Amtrak is can bring you back from DC to New Haven at 4am.

And there is an official US Soccer bar in New Haven. Anyone tried them yet?

5. MichaelQReilly

MichaelQReilly New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Glastonbury, CT
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see a forum here, I'd been thinking of something along these lines for a while since usually it is just my friend Steve and I watching the games.

6. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't... I'm going to check with a couple of Peruvians I know to see if they know anything about it. Otherwise I guess I'll just call there to find out and hope they aren't annoyed by my piss-poor Spanish.

8. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I called the place yesterday; the number was disconnected. I was in Hartford for work today, so I drove by it. It looked like it was out of business (no lights on, look neglected) but I am not 100% sure. If you find out, please let us know.

9. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I drove by it today after work and noticed the same thing. Hopefully I'll hear something from one of the Peruvians tonight.

I really don't feel like driving all the way down to Bridgeport or Norwalk - they're an hour from me in Southington, another 20 minutes for you guys. I think the restaurant in Norwalk may be the same one that had a qualifier 4 or 5 years ago that Marc Connelly went to when he was living/working in the Glastonbury area. He had a good time there, but it's a haul.

Lee

10. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just checked out that website in more detail, and it doesn't really say that the game will be at those places - just that they've had games in the past. My guess is that Club Peru is closed, and that list is from 5 years ago. Hopefully they will put up a list for this game sometime soon, and they will have a place in the area. Otherwise, it's 2 hours to Manhatten or 2 hours to Foxboro. Ugh. I don't really feel like driving 2 hours to watch something on TV.

11. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be going to Albany. That place there looks really nice and its under 90 mins from Westfield, MA, about the same as Foxboro. It sound like the CBS scene, which is where I want to go so I can go to the Revs game as well, may only get to Revs STH. Any AO Hartford member a Revs STH and can get two extra passes to this? Let me know thanks!

12. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vaughn's in Hartford is considering showing the match. I suggest everyone call/email them and ask for it hopefully it will happen.

13. Jones11

Jones11 New Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Here is the email address I have used in the past to reach out to Vaughan's with questions regarding their soccer schedule:

info@irishpublichouse.com
    www.irishpublichouse.com

I sent them an email last week along with the Half Door asking them to show the US-HON match but have not heard anything yet.

How many people do you think we could confirm would attend if they purchased the game? I would definitely be there (+1).

-Steve in Hartford

14. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Myself +3-6

15. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is AO Hartford an official chapter yet?

16. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Pending approval from national:D

Hope to have a more official announcement in the next day or two.

17. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Good evening everyone. We have some important announcement to make regarding AO Hartford…

1. USA v. Czech Republic at Rentscher Field. The U.S. National Team will be playing a World Cup “warm up” game at our very own Rentschler Field on Tuesday, May 25 at 8 pm. Tickets are available through The American Outlaws at their website. Members are entitled to the discounted rate.

2. Last week AO Hartford surpassed the 25 memberships required to become an official chapter. The application to become an official chapter was submitted this week, and we expect it to be processed shortly. What does this mean for us? AO Hartford will now have an official banner, discounts on membership, members can purchase more than one supporters ticket at the discounted price, and will have limited funds to perform our activities.

3. AO Hartford’s new email address is aohartford@gmail.com. Please update your address books accordingly.

4. We are looking for a volunteer to be AO Hartford’s membership chairperson. Duties will include maintaining our membership lists, help recruiting new members, and being active with chapter activities. Please let us know if you are interested.

5. AO Hartford is actively working with AO National in preparing for the Czech Republic game. Let us know if you want to lend a hand in planning any events surrounding this game.

These are exciting times for our chapter. Let’s keep up the great work ahead of the World Cup!