"American Invasion"

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by lmorin, Mar 12, 2004.

1. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good article overall, though nothing groundbreaking certainly. And relatively few mistakes for a British article on MLS (I don't believe Keller or Reyna ever played in MLS, the only mistake I saw).

Hopefully Boca can bounce back from this suspension.

3. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice read, but I found a few errors other than the one mentioned above. First, the "inception of Major League Soccer" did not occur "prior to the 1994 World Cup." Second, the 3 major sports are not NHL, NFL and NBA; MLB is, NHL maybe is or maybe is not. Lastly, for god sakes its "MLS" not "the MLS". Also, surprised they did not mention Friedel, who did in fact play in MLS.

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I hope so. BUt it will take awhile for his reputation to recover. That was a pretty nasty tackle.

5. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    One such example is teenage prodigy Freddy Adu, who is amongst hottest properties in World football. At 14 years of age he has already been called-up to the United States under-17 side and has a whole host of clubs tracking his progress.

Should have mentioned that Freddy played with the U-20s and that he has already signed a pro contract.

6. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow aren't we a bunch of little editors today.

I thought it was a good piece.

7. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are there any mistakes at all? Can't they be bothered to check simple facts, or do they just enjoy making stuff up? Amateur idiots.