American expansion possibilities

Discussion in 'NWSL Expansion' started by WPS_Movement, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    It is the training facilities I am wondering about. That is what KC has like no other.

2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I recall correctly, the Thorns are going to have their own training facilities. Presently, they share with the Timbers, although the Thorns players apparently prefer (and ususally practice at) Providence Park.

ytrs repped this.
  3. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    So are they going to proceed having their own separate training facilities or going with what the Thorns players prefer?

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #1529 SiberianThunderT, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    I think KC is an anomaly. Sure, it's nice to have a dedicated location specifically designed for training, but I don't think it's common or expected - and, importantly, won't make up for a lack in other areas of a bid. It can differentiate two otherwise equal bids, but it's probably a tertiary concern at best for the bid evaluation committee.

5. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe they are going to have their own facility. I think their Providence Park preference is as compared to sharing the current training facility with the Timbers.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  6. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005

Klingo3034 repped this.
  7. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Feel like Minnesota Aurora would be the way to go. They already have 5k average for that club.

8. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  9. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    They're not interested. Besides, already on record as saying the relatively massive financial support they've gotten from public ownership is absolutely nothing compared to NWSL budgets. Far and away definitely not "the way to go" for a pro team.
    Because that's who was interested. (And where most of the US population is.) Remember, it's always about who comes forward - leagues never create teams out of thin air.

10. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005

JanBalk and ytrs repped this.