America, F*CK YEAH!!! - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Dear_Claudio, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    have to say that I thought a few US lads have put themselves in the shop window.

Say what you want but Donovan has been impressive and may have done enough for someone to really have a long look at him. His recent Bayern experiment aside he may end up acquriing the interest of some but imo would be better suited playing in a League with a tad more time and space (Spain, Portugal).

Have been impressed with Febelhaber (sp) but he was out of sorts at Derby (who hasnt tbh) and Oneywu (sp) has looked good as well (a little like a poor mans Alex to me) but was another who did not, and would not imo, be a good fit in the Prem.

I just hope more of these lads end up abroad as it will assist both player and Countrt and the story of Alitdore to Fulham could be interesting and I think Hodgson would really find a way to use him in an effective manner.

5. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    It's a beautiful thing.

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thought DeMerit did well today too. I remember him giving us a bit of a fight in the FA Cup.

7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Congratulations USA MNT!!!

I was watching in the kitchen and put the word out. Ended up with 7 of us watching the game (normally I'm the only one viewing) and all of us enjoying it.

Some classic backs to the wall, throw anything you can in front of the ball defending. Loved it.

8. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fern, surely these last two games havent made you forget how poor they've been up until Sunday?

Donovan has yet to convince me has the ambition to leave the US and the MLS. He doesn't seem like he wants to leave his comfort zone. He seems more interested in staying put in sunny California with his actress wife and his dogs.

Benny Feilhaber needs another try out. Onyewu, just seems too clumsy for me and is too inconsistent. He busts out with a brilliant game now and then, but he makes howlers more often than not, and is always a red card waiting to happen.

Would love to see Altidore and Adu get picked up by either Fulham or Everton.

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    just saw the replay of the red, he wiped out his ankle first studs up, so closer to a red than I thought, still a yellow for me but I still think it should be a game for men

linesman still had sevearal very bad offsides calls though:D

10. Blue Day

Blue Day Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Mile End
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is this the best result in United States football?

BRILLIANT!! Spain true to form, I always knew they had it in them, and the Americans gave them a brilliant game

onyewu is good his only problem is he has no composure on the ball and gets scared and makes stupid passes if under any pressure with the ball and gives it away in dumb ways, atleast that's what I remember of him when he was at Newcastle, but then again he was partnered with Titus Bramble so you have to cut him some slack I suppose

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Dos - Cero" is all that matters!!!!!!

12. Blue Day

Blue Day Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Mile End
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yeh, shocked the world!!!

13. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Beating Portugal in 02 rivals this as does the Gold Cup Final victory over Brazil... also our 1950 WC win over the mighty England:D

14. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That was not a happy day for me. :mad: Thanks for bringing up memories I've tried to suppress.

15. Randy36

Randy36 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Houston
    More power to the Yanks! Excellent achievement!!:)

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey, Portugeezer...how do you feel about this guy???

[​IMG]

:eek:

:eek:

- just kidding!!!

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ZOMG!!!! Randy, are you a "Spazzo"??? :eek:

I kid, I kid...

Damn, I'm in rare form today!

18. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's cold blooded man. :p

19. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome game...amazing game...brilliant game....man, that was AMAZING.

20. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Spain played like absolute ShevShit. Especially at the back , Casillas had a shocker .

Nothing taken away from the US though , i wish my boy Harry Kewell could pull some magic :(

21. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Excellent result for the US. Reminded me of Nigeria vs Spain in WC. Lots of tension back and forth shifts in control of game culminating in the amazing winner by Sunday Oliseh.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Eu8HMrG94"]YouTube - Sunday Oliseh - long shoot[/ame]

22. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great performance from the backline and Howard, bullshit red card though.

I'll still take Portugal, Mexico and Germany fron '02 even it was a loss in the end.

23. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it's just the Confederations Cup but that was great. Hopefully this will carry on to the World Cup!

24. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great game, great grit and spirit, great result.

Going back to the previous thread though...

Football mostly IS and most definitely SHOULD BE about skill and intelligent play more than simple speed and athleticism. If that means the game's development continues to be stifled in certain parts of the world, then so be it.

25. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, it should be developed all over the world so some of these amazing athletes can learn skill and intelligent play. Skills can be taught. Speed and size can't.

If Africa as a whole can get a great development program off the ground, it will be great for soccer. They have already made great strides in Nigeria, Ivory Coast and other African countries in developing great talent. I would love to see more players like Essien and Drogba who play in ways that honestly we have hardly seen before.