America deserves Pro Evolution Soccer.

Discussion in 'Games' started by thepremierleague, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Apr 30, 1999
    Planet Earth
    LOL. What are you smoking man? If WE6 and PES was available in the US, you wouldn't even play Extra Time. I give up arguing with you. PES for the PS2 is only available in Europe. You manage to understand all the Japanese menus to play with all the features of WE6 such as ingame strategies and gameplay's moves without the English patch. Got to you give prop for that.

2. BlueMovie FC

BlueMovie FC Red Card

Dec 16, 1999
    Ohio
    um....see, now you sound like the premier league guy. Pro Evolution soccer was released in the united states on the ps1. it is slightly different than the ps2 version released in europe. if you don't know what you are talking about then i am glad you are done arguing.

by the way, you said i wouldn't even be playing extratime....huh? there are a few people on these boards that have the euro edition of pes and still play extratime more.

the in game management options on winning eleven 6 are indenticle to that on Pro Evolution soccer on ps2 were, it's not that hard to understand.

by the way, since you have a PS2, how did you play MLS extratime 2002?

3. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Apr 30, 1999
    Planet Earth
    Man stop it already. The renown PES for the PS2 was made last year with the WE5 game engine. The PES that was ported to the US on the PS1 has the ISS Pro 2 engine and was made in 2000. I have the US PES PS1 version. The PES I am talking about is for the PS2.
    THe Menus are different and so are the skill moves in PES and WE6.
    I have an XBOX. Since EXtra Time 2002 is the only decent footie (soccer) game for the XBOX, I bought it. But I have since returned it and bought NCAA 2002 instead.

4. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    this is some funny ************.

first of all, the ps1 version of ISS pro evolution was an exact port of the European game. Exact same. MLS Gamenight came out in North America only shortly after. Even with the "worlds best clubs" MLS gamenight sold 185,000 copies to ISS Pro Evolution's paltry 40,000.

then North America got MLS Extratime while Europe got Pro Evolution soccer for the playstation 2.

I played Pro Evolution soccer a few weeks ago. Great game. I'd rather have MLS Extratime 2002. Sorry but since I live in North America I prefer to have North American clubs. Let me know when PES has some Mexican clubs and then we'll talk.

If Pro Evolution Soccer 2 comes out in the U.S., MLS Extratime 2002 will still outsell it by quite a bit.

So this "America deserves Pro Evolution" is a load of anti-american crap. Premierleague saw that people were having fun playing MLS extratime 2002 and wanted to yet again show that he thinks everything Euro is better than everything American.

Jordan obviously doesn't care for MLS either. He even likes American football which makes this whole thing even funnier!

So what I am telling you, is that although there are 5 or 6 hardcore soccer gamers that would rather PES 2 come to the U.S., I'm sure most of us on bigsoccer would prefer the MLS series to continue if given the choice.

the Champions League is superior to the level of play of MLS, yet most of us would rather watch MLS

Lastly, the game was not "dumbed down" for Americans, it simply uses an older game design. Things were added to the old ISS base, but nothing was left out. PREMIERLEAGUE has NEVER played any MLS game so this whole thread is bunk. I repeat, he has NEVER played an MLS game. SO this thread is from a Brit who has displayed his anti-Americanism in several threads, telling us that a game he has NEVER played is junk. Too high scoring? Ever play the all star level? I scored a total of 18 goals in a 26 match season with COlumbus, using 3 forwards. Yeah, what a goalfest.

5. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Apr 30, 1999
    Planet Earth
    First off, do you realize how many foreigners or immigrants live in this country and Canada??? I know for a fact than many of my Croatians, Portuguese, Argentinians and other Europeans friends who wouldn't give a rat ass about the MLS because it is not the best brand of soccer. If you like American football, do you actually prefer Canadian Football, NFL Europe or Arena football over NFL? The same applies for basketball, CBA or NBA. Look around the WE6 and PES forums on the Web and you will see people from North America and South America want PES or WE6 ported to the North American market. North America is comprise of other countries besides the US and MLS. You think people in Canada or Mexico cares about MLS or a soccer game about it. South Americans also want PES and WE6 if Konami ever decided to port the game over here because they used the same NTSC tv format as the US.
    Second, thepremiereleague is correct about MLS extra time being not as good as PES. Why? You say it is because it uses an old game engine. That is partially correct. But you also have to take into account the abilities of the MLS players. How many of the MLS players have the abilities like the ones in the top clubs in Europe and South America? If you ever play CM, you would understand this. Look at the ratings for the MLS players compare to those of the top clubs in Europe and South America. Konami uses the stats from CM because Konami and SIGames have a partnership. If Konami was actually using the same ratings for MLS players from CM series, then MLS Extra Time wouldn't be fun to play because most of the players sucks. Now look at the ratings for the players in Extra Time and what do you see? Are they close to what they were CM?

BTW, since when is it a crime to not like MLS? Like I said before, if you like MLS, then Extra Time is your game. If you like to play with the best players in the world, then PES and WE6 is your game. For me it is matter of taste. There are many others as well from North America who bought a PS2 solely to play PES and WE6. We would love it if Konami ported either one of these games for the North American market. And most of us had to dish out alot of money to be able to enjoy these games.
    http://soccergaming.tv/forumdisplay.php?forumid=39

6. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000

that's all well and good, but an MLS game will still outsell PES2 here in the US.

well since it is the only game with Mexican clubs I'd be willing to say yes.

when were we talking about South America?

there was this small little competition called the world cup that proved otherwise. You might want to look into it.

ha ha ha ha ha

right, that's my point. Since most American soccer fans would prefer MLS Extratime 2002, then this thread is pointless. Yeah there are plenty of people who would prefer PES 2, like you or many people who don't care about MLS. However just read these boards, a good majority like to play with MLS clubs. It be nice to have both, but don't hold your breathe on it selling bucketloads. Even in Europe, FIFA outsells Konami's games.

interesting that you claim not to like MLS because it's an inferior product.....but you just bought a COLLEGE football game.

7. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Apr 30, 1999
    Planet Earth
    Exactly, in the US. The US is the largest market in North America, but is NOT North America. But I would like to see the result if PES for the PS2 was available.

WORLD CUP NOT MLS. I guess JOB, Reyna, Sanneh, Friedel didn't have anything to do with the US result as much as the MLS stars. The MLS stars on the US Men team sure show their true colors at the All-Stars games.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why.
    1. Different audiences targeted by Konami (hardcore) and EA (broad).
    2. Licenses. The name FIFA doesn't have to do anything with it not to mention the marketing done by EA compare to Konami. Look at the sells of WE6 in Japan. http://www.sgn.cc/news/individualitem.php3?autonumber=398
    and still counting not to mention worldwide import sells

Is that sarcasm??? Like I said, it is matter of taste. I like college football because I am in college right now. College football is exciting. You can't do options play in Madden.

Pedro Rondon H de Sá repped this.