Ameobi or Solano

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Trackman20, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per the official website...some interesting numbers. Solano and Ameobi are now vying to be the leading scorer for the club.

Toon Two In Goal Race

SHOLA Ameobi and Nolberto Solano are now neck and neck in the battle to be Newcastle United's top marksman in the current playing squad.

With the Magpies' all-time record goalscorer Alan Shearer having retired at the end of last term, the mantle of Toon top gun is up for grabs again.

Currently, the honour is shared by Ameobi and Solano, who have both netted 44 times for the club.

Solano's goals have come in 251 starts, plus a further 22 sub outings. Ameobi's have come in 123 starts and 87 sub outings.

The race is now on to see who will be first to record a half-century of goals. In the club's history, 38 different players have notched a half-century of goals for the club.

Shearer set a new record last term by retiring with 206 goals. He is followed by Jackie Milburn (200), Len White (153), Hughie Gallacher (143), Malcolm Macdonald (121), Peter Beardsley (119), Bobby Mitchell and Tom McDonald (113) and Neil Harris (101) as the only men to hit three figures.

2. Glebe Mag

Glebe Mag New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Washington, England
    Shola is sh*t hot at the moment (I hope his injury isn't too serious) and, at this moment, Solano is just sh*t.

I can't believe I've just written that! Come back Solano. Where ever you are.........:(

3. footychick

footychick Red Card

Aug 21, 2006
    England
    Solano, for definite, good thing we got him back if you ask me.

4. Glebe Mag

Glebe Mag New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Washington, England
    Solano is my favourite player, but his pre-season was terrible.