Ambivalence

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by lastword, Oct 8, 2003.

1. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    This board is quiet. I am ambivalent because we are not being subjected to Terp fan's innane, biased Md. posts since the Terps got whipped. He did come in to cry a bit about the officiating (what a surprise), however i sense his tail between his legs is inhibiting his ability to write. Where is Sandon, and why has he not provided his assessment of Goodsen's antics in the UCLA and UNC games? He dosen't have a problem calling out of the area players punks, or suggesting a coach is senile, but where is the quantifiable proof? He indicated he would have an opinion to share when he was able to review tape. Anyway, I actually miss the biased crap these 2 post and I hope i have not discouraged them. I know Terp fan cried to Courtney successfully to stop the "Terp Fan is a joke" thread. All you guys have to do is be straight up and you are welcome back to this board. I eill try to be nice to you.

2. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    Terp fan

Terp Fan will be back in within the hour. Md. beat Geotown 3-2 @ Home, and i did not attend, but i will bet the team caution was against Terp's buddy Sash.

3. SoccerSteve

SoccerSteve New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    I have typically been a silent observer to these boards but last words remarks were too true not to acknowledge. I believe his extending of the olive branch was a class move and I second his notion of welcoming back terp fan and Sandin with open arms.

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    FOr the record, I haven't stayed away for any reason other than my anniversary was this weekend and I wasn't in town.

I also didn't see the UNC match so I'm not going to comment on that.

I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to "reviewing the UCLA tape" but I long-ago erased that TiVo recording so don't hold your breath.

I'm sorry if I have offended you somehow or you think my posts are biased. I don't think they are but we'll just agree to disagree on that one.

But, I challenge this to lastword. Rather than lashing out at other posters, why don't you try and make some actualy posts that are about college soccer and the games you've seen?

Or, would you rather just contribute to the dialogue by ragging on guys you've never met and wouldn't have the stones to say anything to in person?

5. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    "For the record"

Sandon, I appreciate your challenge, and will respond later. I was specifically referring to you calling "UCLA players "punks" after the Terp-UCLA game. You said you had not reviewed the tape as of that time, indicating you would be reporting later after a review of the tape. I came in to question your name calling and derision towards the elderly. The post was timely, because Clarence Goodson had recently been accused of theatrical flopping against UNC just as he did against UCLA. He also earned his 5th yellow card of the season(the earliest in the ACC, and maybe NCAA top 25). This is the record of a 'punk" as you put it. I just do not believe adults should name call like that, especially when it is unsubstantiated. All of this led me to conclude that you are biased if you cannot see flopping, crying, acting, and dirty play in front of your nose, but when a team from the west coast comes in and plays hard, they are "punks". You can find the Terp Ucla tape and see what i am referring to. Terp fan has already cued it up and watched it 5 times and is astonished at Goodson's antics. He won't say anything, though, because he is a crybaby joke himself. Don't give me that Tivo BS, you just don't like to deal with the facts. Your the Punk, and I am sure if we met beside the pitch, you would not have the nads to talk your trash to my face. If you want contributions to this board that meet with your approval and are not antagonistic, then don't be so sanctimonious.