Amado Guevarra's story, to Chivas to Toronto and now Out of MLS.

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Juan Luis Guerra, May 4, 2007.

1. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Agreed. When things are going well, he seems to keep his head, the minute team momentum hits a roadblock, or a slump occurs, he seems to feel the need to try to influence the game in problematic ways. I used to chalk this up as being a team spokemans/leader, but he doesnt pull it off, he just adds to troubles.

A cheap foul, uneccessary jawing at the ref, getting all worked up over some insignfigant call, etc.. He has a tendency to self destrcut, and this spreads to the locker room.

2. marford21

marford21 Member

May 1, 2007
    SD, OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hey maybe he was tryin to go to Houston....its the closest team im MLS to Honduras........

It would be nice if the players got a chance to play for their hometown squads, or at least as close as possible. The Galaxy really lucked out when Cobi, and later Landon were able to play for their home team...

Still i dunno why he wouldnt wanna play for Dallas tho....

3. philsoc

philsoc Member

Jul 11, 2000
    South Florida

THANK YOU! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you...

(I was starting to run out of duct tape and my eyes were beginning to bleed.)

Cultural icon that she is (or you can use your own descriptive phrase ;) there was life before Madonna....

:)

4. Yellow Cash

Yellow Cash New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Boston
    I hate the gut...but know he's a good player! It's too bad that he didn't fit in with a MLS club. What a loser...I wish he could have played for United with a "good" attitude. Oh well, now he can go play somewhere...

5. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Any news on "El Lobo" ???????????

6. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    I just checked Chivas USA's roster. El lobo is still part of that roster.

7. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with his departure however; I can semi-understand point of view. His view could be something like this. I am a star and sometimes I cannot preform just like everyone else. I understand that but guess what. You get paid some serious change and have accomplished alot more than rest of the team/s. Sure sometimes you can't preform to expectation but just take the criticism. This will eventually work in your favor and not just high tail it somewhere. That to me works against him. I could buy a story line of I just didn't feel it. It happens to alot of people. Be a man. The next one I would like to see gone for this is Mr. Ruiz; if the storys are true. I mean just to not come back to your team and take a vacation. These people are expendable whats not expendable is the system. Like you said if its true its true...

8. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Anyone has any news about Amado Guevara's current statues?. I went to concacaf.com and he is listed as a Chivas USA player and in the roster for the Honduras National Team.

11. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In one of the Gold Cup previews I read (Ives I think), his team was listed as Montagua. But I assume we would have read something about such a transfer?