Am I the only one who thinks Loew should be replaced?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Mudig, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Mudig

Mudig Member

Mar 29, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I honestly never had confidence with this guy. He's no better than Klinsmann. I really feel that Hitzfeld should take his spot.

bayern15 repped this.
  2. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think we should wait till after 2014...

The problem is we have so many youngsters and talent that are trying to replace old guard or dead weights right now..

So loew needs the next 2 years to fine tune and drop all the dead weights..

If in 2014 he reverts back to the useless players and clustefick tactics at the end.. Then drop him..

But I would give him a chance to fine tune this powerful machine first..

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    There is no way Germany will win the 2014 cup, no matter who's the coach. So it's not really a pressing issue either way.

bayern15 repped this.
  4. Mudig

Mudig Member

Mar 29, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When a manager does not know how to make use for all the talent he has, it's really ridiculous to me how he still gets the nod. This team can win anything, they just need a good tactician and someone to turn them into men. These guys didn't fight for the ball at all, they were just playing like a bunch of wimps out there.

5. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    let's all be honest here... who is available to replace him right now? Unless we can replace him with Guardiola..... which will never happen.

I have no problem in keeping Low until 2014, but I think he needs some assistance (a more seasoned assistant than Flick. Jogi is great with tactics.... but I think every so often he needs someone to hold him in check, and be the voice of reason.

It's also dependant on if he's learned his lessons and matured as a coach from the past two tournaments:
    1. He needs to learn to have confidence in his players. Rather than controlling every part of the game, and limiting the creativity of his midfield players (see Ozil). Let a creator create....
    2. Play OUR game, and don't always adjust to match other teams......
    3. Shore up your A line-up in advance of the tournament, and address your weaknesses.
    4. Define the rotation of your younger players (see Draxler, Gotze, Jantschke, etc).
    5. Figure of the 9 for 2014...... (unless he changes, Gomez cannot be our first choice). Gomez would actually be great teamed up with someone else up front if we need to come from behind. He's a great goal poacher.
    People have to remember, Jogi also had limited training time with this team due to Bayern's CL run, and Madrid's semi-final run. This cannot be forgotten, as it really did limit his ability to work with the team.

bayern15 and Obsidian repped this.
  6. StrangerThan

StrangerThan Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If I'm not mistaken not only Loew and his team lost to Italy on tournaments. ALL German teams lost or draw to Italy, even winning ones. But only Loew and his team won 15 competitive games in a row. So what's your point?

Cris 09 and Kais3r repped this.
  7. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Löw may have f*cked the tactic installment against Italy (and IMO also against Spain in 10) but I´d give him the all or nothing chance in 2014. He´s a) a good coach that seems to lack confidence in the final steps, which is weak but I think he can work on it and b) there is absolutley nobody to replace him right now. Hitzfeld? That´s a myth. He´ll never quit Switzerland for the job. If 2014 doesn´t work out - Jogi has to do the bird.

8. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

I think Loew has been to slow to take up younger talents. Badstuber and hummels barely have ANY NT experience, despite the quality of hummels especially. Not to mention podolski who is just hanging on the wing doing nothing.

9. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think there are 2 things loew has to do for 2014..

One is drop the dead weights and integrate the real talents that we have..
    Example Podolski with Reus, Gomez solution, etc

The second is the biggest one IMO and that's stop changing tactics to combat "tough" opponents in the final stages. He needs to stick to our gameplay the entire tournament... Period
    Spain never changed their game against us or anyone, Italy the same...
    Stop trying to stop "them" and start trying to play our game no matter which team we face..

This really cost us in the euro, it should've been Spain vs Germany. Clearly 2 teams on another level then the rest of the world..

bayern15 repped this.
  10. wallstreet123456

Nov 2, 2005
    NYC
    I agree 100%. I am tired of hearing that this is Germany's time, soon they will be saying our time has passed :(