Am I only one rooting for Arsenal in CL

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by brooklynredd, Apr 14, 2006.

1. brooklynredd

brooklynredd New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    just to drive Jose Murinho crazy
    what excuses will he come up with
    not to make it to semifinals in CL with all
    the money he spent

2. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I root for all the EPL teams in the CL, however i make an exception for chelsea and root for whoever is playing them. Like when they got their asses handed to them by Braca

3. Shaolin

Shaolin New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Calgary
    I'd root for Arsenal if I didn't hate Wenger so much. I'm rooting for Barca because I'm a big fan of Eto'o.

4. stanaccrington

Jan 4, 2005
    Only root for one team in the CL and thats the reds. Can't think of anytime I could support Arsenal even if it was helping us, I was stood on the Kop when they scored in the 98th minute against us.:mad:

5. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Well, it would be the irony of ironies that if Arsenal did win the CL and somehow Liverpool collapsed and finished 4th, then it'd be the UEFA Cup next season and no CL. :)

6. basso001

basso001 Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Bay Area, Calif.
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Speaking from the non-aligned corner here: I think it would be a real shame if Spurs finished fourth and still didn't get a CL spot. I'm happy for Arsenal to reach the final, but I'd rather they didn't win it.

7. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm an American who supports Liverpool. I enjoy watching English football but I am pulling for the team that plays the beautiful game in the CL now that we are out --- Barca.

Arsenal can go take a flying ******** at the moon for all I care.

8. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    I'd love to see a Barca-Arsenal final.
    I was cheering for Arse against Real Madrid and Juve. Partially because I dislike those two clubs, and partially because of the style Arsenal plays.

9. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just about everyone would.

I wouldn't mind Arsenal winning it, just because it would piss off the United and Chelsea fans something incredible. Up the Arse.

10. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I want to see Arsenal or Villareal win it, just because I don't think they're going to finish in the CL spots for the league. Just for a redux of what happened last year.

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After going to 4 FA Cup semi finals against Arsenal in 1979 (and that other game they wrote a friggin book about) I wouldn't support Arsenal if they had kept my dear old Mum hostage at Highbury.

12. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    I hope Arsenal lose every game 10-0.

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hmm...let's see..

I hate Milan, I hate Barca, I can't stand Villareal and I have plenty of reason to dislike Arsenal but being that they are the underdogs and an English club, I would mind them winning it the least.

Plus, Henry deserves the damn CL trophy already, its the only thing that is holding him back.

14. mbrossetti

mbrossetti New Member

Mar 5, 2001
    NY, NY
    funny thing is i expect villareal and milan to meet. milan will probably do just enough to stiffle barca. i figure we'll get something like the results they had last year in the group stages a slim milan win at the san siro and a barca win at the nou camp with milan stealing the away goal to give them the tie. while arsenal will probably suffer a draw or a win giving up an away goal to villareal and they won't get anything back in spain just like inter suffered.

henry's best chance will be if he does leave to barca next year. if that happens i really don't see anyone being able to stop them.

15. docliver

docliver New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    No your not . Im pleased for them as i want another english team to win the cl even if it's arsenal. You have to back your countrymen when it's like that as the whole of england did last year for Liverpool oh except rooney and the goon squad.

16. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    From today's match......

Arsenal: Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Flamini, Hleb (Pires 71), Silva, Diaby, Reyes, Henry (Adebayor 62), Van Persie (Bergkamp 72).
    Subs Not Used: Poom, Djourou.

Englishmen in bold.......

17. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  18. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    :D

I'll make a list of every single trophy the arse have won in Europe. So if they really do win the CL Cup they can add it on.

1 :- Oops!

Oh well. So much for that.

19. brooklynredd

brooklynredd New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    i cant image who i would root for Chelsea against
    maybee if Bin Laden had a team
    but then again maybee not
    i would just be neutral in that game

20. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'd be perfectly happy to see Arsenal win it, but as others have pointed out, it would be a stretch to justify that by suggesting this is somehow support of an English team.

It is entirely possible that Arsenal will play next season without a single Englishman in their regular starting 11. Indeed, it could be argued that that is already the case, given Campbell's mental collapse and Cole's contractual dispute.

There's much to admire about Arsenal if you divest the debate of anything related to what a team represents in country or locale terms. But not many real football fans successfully achieve that sort of emotional disengagement. Which is a good thing.

21. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I rooted for them against Real and Juve simply because I dislike those teams a lot. Arse play good football, but before Mourinho arrived, there was no other EPL manager whom I hated more than Wenger.

I like a few of their players - Henry, Cesc, Ljungberg - but as a team I hate them. I'll be pulling for Barca, because they play the beautiful game far more than any other team in CL right now. Ronnie is simply a joy to watch - no player has more fun than he does on the pitch and no one does it as well.

I like a lot of Villareal's players (Riquelme in particular) but I don't want an all Spanish final. Arse-Barca would be the most entertaining, IMO.

22. Crown Paints

Crown Paints New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Barnsley
    tbh I don't care if they win it or not...although it would be cruel for spurs if they finish 4th and don't qualify for the CL (although I bet the Arsenal fans would love that :))

23. decsnspace

decsnspace New Member

Mar 11, 2005
    Hey, I'm a newbie around here...

I can't say I'm all that excited about the CL this year now that Liverpool are out but at least Chelsea are too.... thank god!
    I think the perfect scenario would be a final between Barca and Arsenal with Barca winning in stoppage time. Then Tottenham taking 4th place in the league and Henry leaving Arsenal due to their failure.
    That would be a perfect ending to their season I would think:D

24. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome. Your proposed scenario is my dream finish as well.

25. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    1: 1970: European Fairs Cup beating Anderlecht.
    2. 1994: Cup Winners Cup beating Parma

And yeah I know you've won the EC 5 times and even a UEFA Cup, more power to you.