Am I crazy for wanting this??

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by SF Gooner, Dec 19, 2005.

1. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna
    O.K. So I woke up this morning and I was still pissed off from yesterday. I read my Arseblog e-mail and he said it perfectly "They're owned by a c**t, managed by a c**t, supported by c**ts and staffed by c**ts.".

Anyways here's what I want to go down. I want us to beat Real and I want the Blue Scum to beat Barca, and then I want us to get drawn against each other in the quarters. I want another crack at those s*itbags. It has to be in the CL, not in the FA Cup. We don't have to win the CL, but I want us to be the ones to knock them out. So, am I crazy for wanting this?

2. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    I'm with you on this one. It would definitely make winning all the sweeter. It's going to be a tough road no matter who you play at this stage and I'd love to get in a good revenge game.

3. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    Love arseblog. He is hilarious. My brother is not even a soccer fan and he reads it almost daily.

And you are not wrong to want this. It would be great revenge- And a great chance for Lauren to kick Essien into the seats.

4. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna

Hey CT, where in Conn do you live?? Do you live near Stamford? I go to Tigins some times to catch games. I'll be there this wednesday to catch the Carling Cup game.

5. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    I am in Danbury, but I go down on occasion. Was there for Tottenham. Was going yesterday, but was amazingly sick, so watched from home. Let me know next time you're going, I'm meet you there. It's an hour train ride for me, but fun to get together with people and get out of my wife's hair.

What time is the game Wednesday? maybe I'll go down after work.

6. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, actually based on our performance yesterday, i think you are.

Having said that, being a competitor means you want to take on the best. You want to become champion by doing your own work not by having faced inferior teams.

Bring 'em on. If they are the better team, so be it.

7. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna
    I think it starts at 2:30.

Is Danbury really an hour train ride to Stamford? I can remember when I was younger I used to go there all the time one summer, to this place called City Limits. I think it turned into a Strip club but at the time it was $1 drinks before midnight.

8. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    Damn. I'll be working.

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You aren't crazy for wanting this matchup, even after yesterday's performance. I am not really to concerned about who else does what though and only want Arsenal to turn it on in the CL, thus bringing home the trophy!

10. xdanx

xdanx Member

Aug 12, 2004
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You are not alone in this, although I feel Barca should be the ones to put them out after what went down last year, so I came up with another solution that has worked as recently as last year...the FA Cup.

11. GunnerOToole

GunnerOToole New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Yes you are crazy. After yesterday it would like "its only a flesh wound." I would like to be able to beat them. But only if we put real men on the field.

12. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want us to play them one more time at Highbury. It was what, 13 years since they had beaten us at Highbury when we lost to them in the CL, and even more time since they had beaten us at home in the league. It's just not right that we lose to them the final time we play them at Highbury. I hope we get them at home in the FA Cup or in the CL so we can set it right.

13. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like another shot at them this season too...but only if Wenger gets the team in shape first. A nice January buy would help but I mean something different. I'd like to see some sign that Wenger is fixing some of the problems (set pieces, lack of width in our attacks, player selection based on countering their speedy wingers and Drogba (if he isn't in Africa) at the same time) that we've had for awhile. No point in repeating the losses. If we go out there with our best XI and play the right tactics, we can beat this Chelsea. I've got to hope that Wenger has learned from the losses but I've got to wonder if his stubborn "we just worry about our play" attitude will show up again. It would be nice to knock them out of a cup again. We still owe them for the CL the season before last.

14. backline

backline Member

May 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Absolutely not. You're thinking like a true Gunner.

15. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Too right. Lets get those fvckers.

16. carw2005

carw2005 New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Herts, UK
    Win win in my eyes, they either get knocked out and we can say 'aaaah wankers', or they get through and we beat them later on and we can say 'aaaah ya wankers!'' - win win!

17. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We arn't going to get to play them again in the CL if we dont get out of this funk that we are in because Real are gonna brush us aside like little weenies and thats gonna be the end of it. We need to start playing like men instead of like boys and getting pushed around. I fully agree with everyone who says that we get pushed around to easy. It is fully clear in every game that i watch that we get it stuck to us and that it takes us out of our game. It's plain and simple, if we dont adapt then you get left behind and we are getting left behind in 8th place. So maybe Wenger should try to adapt our team instead of saying everything is ok.

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A lot of football has to be played before this match can ever occur.

Would it be incredibly sweet to beat those individuals who will remain nameless in such a big stage??? ABSOLUTELY.