Altidore: Hull vs. Sunderland, 4/24 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Scotty, Apr 24, 2010.

1. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

2. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    His Loan was through June 30, 2010 (unless it's terminated by all parties involved - which I doubt), Jozy is headed for a mini vacation, till the WC call ups...

Not a good way to end his loan @ Hull.........

3. Dave216J

Dave216J Member

Aug 1, 2001
    DC
    Frankly, I'm glad he'll be out for the other two games - he's had enough time, he'll have camp and a different environment to settle down, and he'll be out of a physical relegation scrap. Stupid play, but nothing more.

4. TommyCarcetti

TommyCarcetti Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hutton is Scottish not English

5. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Surely you have a better striker than Jozy?

You don't have to knock the guy clean out to get a red. Confrontation like that in today's game is always going to draw a red (unless you're Arteta and can just poke eyes) Altidore showed first rate naivety and got what he deserved. Hutton played the game, as any player would, including Altidore himself, and got him punished for it.

6. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, we're ultra shallow there.

7. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not...and therein lies a big problem for the US. We'll be counting on Clint and Landon to knock in the goals.

8. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Get Government funding and rebuild McBride.

I don't think they'd want to, he may be a decent player, but what he's shown hasn't been promising has it. He's failed to turn up for games, scored once and got sent off. Just need to draw a line under it and move on.

9. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jozy did a Zidan. Hahaha!

10. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    No, if Altidore would do the same, he'd have pretended that the ball thrown at him had given him a skull fracture.

I still think Jozy caught him in the face somehow, with some part of his body.
    Because if anybody outside the British Isles "played the game" like that he would be marked as a notorious "diving" cheating tw*t forever.

11. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You mean like every other player in Europe, who have felt less contact than that and gone down like they've been shot. Altidore would have done the same, you see it in his play, he gets his body between the player and the ball then as soon as the contact comes, he's down for the free kick.

12. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ran the numbers, should come in just under 6 million.

13. johnsemlak

johnsemlak Member

Jun 27, 2009
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a low profile match but this red card and 3+ match ban will be on his resume forever. Without a decent scoring record to offset it, it'll probably seriously affect his efforts to find a new team. It's not career ending but not a good thing to do at another crucial juncture of his career.

Jozy now needs a good world cup to truly offset this and attract a decent club perhaps.

14. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    So now every player in Europe and the PL is Rivaldo. Okay. I say Hutton was bleeding from the face or Jozy wouldn't have apologized.

15. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes me wanna cry. :(

16. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't agree with your statement that this one red card will, in and of itself, "seriously affect his efforts to find a new team". It's one red card and there's no pattern of Jozy displaying this type of behavior.

With that being said, I agree with you and others that Jozy hasn't done enough on the field during this loan to attract strong interest from other "decent" clubs and would need a strong WC in order to attract that kind of interest.

17. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    96 tears!

18. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    can't wait for jozy's tweet

:p

19. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple games ago he kicked a ball at a lineman, I mean completely drilled it just a couple of feet away.

I don't think he's that type of player, but it's certainly becoming more prevalent.

20. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    He scored against Spain. He will score against England too...

21. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You only have to watch European football, anyone who is idiotic enough to give a player that window to exaggerate contact, will take it. I don't like Hutton, but you can't blame him for what he did. Any player would do it.

22. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    It does seem to be a recent trend, and it does seem out of character. Maybe this has something to do with Ian Dowie?

"Jozy is a lad I will be driving mad and getting at him to get an intensity in his training," added Dowie.

"He is a laid-back lad, that is not a criticism, we love him to death we just need to get a bit of devil in his stomach."

23. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You're building yourself up for a fall here mate. I can't see him doing it. You have plenty of players who could, but Altidore is far from ready.

Since you seem so adamant though, I will be putting a bet on it. What do you think the score will be?

24. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    I don't think that will be the case, look at Pepe's meltdown at Getafe which is just about as bad as a loss of control can get, it hasn't really hindered his career. What will hurt him his goalscoring record.

25. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bingo