Alpay fears backlash!

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by MightyBees, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    The guy is gonna get the full fury from all England fans. I just hope they don't kill him.

2. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I think it should stop at booing him whenever he's on the ball. No burning effigies, no nasty letters to his home or family, and definately no death threats. He's not Harold Shipman for goodness sake, just an average footballer with a big mouth.

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    What Alpay did a very light version of what Keown & Lauren did to Ruud - Ruud kept his cool. He does not deserve to be fired.

4. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Most sensible post I've seen on this thread.....

5. chelseabelle

chelseabelle New Member

Oct 10, 2003
    see above
    I'll second that,

PS not really football related I know, but doesn't the little lightbulb to the left look a bit like a large lady (with her back to us) pulling her trousers up

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think that's exactly what will happen. No-one takes much notice of the tabloid media on this sort of issue apart from other parts of the media.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I also saw him try and shepherd John Terry away from the trouble in the tunnel as well.

As you say - a great bloke.

9. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hahem ... let's ask Kieron 'Battiston' Dyer what he thinks of Recber 'Harald' Rustu, shall we?

[​IMG]

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, if he will go about recklessly trying to make contact with the ball...

11. guddy69

guddy69 New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    london
    hello chelsea belle, is that lightbulb thingy what you look like? ha ha...

good luck on saturday... guddy will score if he plays!!

12. chelseabelle

chelseabelle New Member

Oct 10, 2003
    see above
    I guess I do a little, I was looking in the mirror when it dawned on me.
    I don't really mind who scores as long as someone does, even three Ke-own goals would be nice.
    We'd better stop talking Chelsea though as you can bet that some Cyberpleb will reply "durr, don't you guys realise there is a Chelsea forum?" just as they did on the anfield thread.
    Check da conay.

13. chelseabelle

chelseabelle New Member

Oct 10, 2003
    see above
    That was actually 3 Ke-own goals, the hyphen just happened to fall on the margin, sorry

14. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    According to a story in the Daily Star Alpay's latest excuse for the incident with Beckham is that Beckham ran into his finger when they went off at 1/2 time. What will it be next ?. The England team being aliens that aim to take over Turkey and use the Turks as slave labour ?.

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What a frickin Dunce!

What was he thinking? He taunts arguably one of if not THE most popular footballer in the world. Genuis, pure genius.

As my English ancestors might have said,
    " you right c*nt!"

16. quasimoddo

quasimoddo New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Canada
    Alpay Story

I read the same story...and that certainly clears everything up, doesn't it......do ya think that maybe he concocted this story to deflect criticism from both England and Turkey....nah, I'm sure Alpay is an honourable and "professional" player and would never stoop so low....ummmm, I wonder.....

17. basso001

basso001 Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Bay Area, Calif.
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    And of course it's just a coincidence that said finger was about 6 inches inboard of Becks's left ear at the time...

Right.

b.

18. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    Rustu is the man,the guy is one of the best goalies in the world and a gentleman to boot.
    What everyone seems to ignore is the fact that Beck's made the first physical contact after the penalty,by butting Alpay.Was Alpay wrong in confronting Beckham,yes no question,but he didn't physically touch him.If i'm in Alpay's position,and a man put his head in my face,he's got something coming,that's just life.

I've seen worse in the premiership,on terms of actions by players,and stuff that get's ignored.
    How about Chritiano Ronaldo against Arsenal.By all accounts he has no charges pending,and i swear i saw him blindside somebody with a shoulder when the fracas erupted,what's up with that?

19. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Don't even go there - why was Lauren not charged for stamping on RVN's hand? Why was Lauren not charged with attempting to strangle Phil Neville (joke being that the FA saw fit to caution Phil for his part in that particular element of the fracas).

How about Sol Campbell having his charge downgraded from violent conduct to misconduct? Strange how that got him off a ban just when the FA needed to ensure they had one of their principal centre-backs at the Turkey game following their complete screw-up of the handling of Rio and the confidentiality he was entitled to?

The FA are a bad joke and there is no consistency or morality to their decisions.... Let it lie - everyone else has

20. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    cheers for digging up this thread ,clown...

I didnt see any "headbutt".... I saw a slight brush of heads after alpay had rushed over to taunt beck ,insult him and then put his head a inch from beckhams face.
    You dont do that to a player after he misses a pen.
    I wouldnt have blamed anyone for nutting alpay after doing that...
    alplay initiated the whole incident and he deserves everything that is coming his way.

21. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    I didnt see any "headbutt".... I saw a slight brush of heads after alpay had rushed over to taunt beck ,insult him and then put his head a inch from beckhams face.
    You dont do that to a player after he misses a pen.
    I wouldnt have blamed anyone for nutting alpay after doing that... [/B][/QUOTE]

So it's o.k. to go around the field nutting people ,for comments they make?

What kind of retarded idealism is that?
    The nutting incident came from Beckhams frustration at missing the penalty,not from Alpay taunting him.That's why there is no justification for beckhams actions.

22. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    What fricking planet do you live on mate? Come back and just us in the real world now and again... you'll look less stupid that way

23. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    [​IMG]

are you for real???

1)beckham didnt headbutt him..

2)If alpay hadnt rushed over and initiated the conflict than nothing happens and everyone continues with the game...

understand???

24. Lewin9

Lewin9 Red Card

Oct 23, 2003
    Ellistown, UK
    Get real !!

Beckham did absolutely nothing wrong, apart from miss the penalty of course !! LOL !!
    Alpay's behaviour was an absolute disgrace, and the most unprofessional thing i have seen in a long time in football.
    As far as i'm concerned, Alpay will receive the treatment he fully deserves from all English crowds.

Deano.

Got anything to say about English football ?
    Then come and join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnglishFootball/
    and let us know your thoughts on anything that concerns the English game.

25. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Alpay has been released from his contact. Being a Villa fan I`d say I`m happy with that. We probably paid him though, maybe £250,000 approx. Johnsen and Mellberg in central defence with Ridgewell, Edwards and Dublin to cover.