Allienz Frauen-Bundesliga 2017-18(Winters coming)

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 2, 2017.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

win or loose the CL, I don't see WOB anymore as a German team;they only started 3 of them in the GE Cup. The 2013 final had an entire domestic starting lineup(and that's without the injured Popp). I can understand several of them retired to to getting older or injuries, but they should of been replaced. Three of those starters, Magull & Wenzing who would apparently loose their starting spot on the squad & a girl named Maren Tetzlaff, who looked pretty good at left back

Guess most Germans are looking forward to Bayern Munich next year(since their buying off practically the whole NT). but I believe it will weaken the rest of the league(cept for WOB).& will make them depend more than ever on foreign mercenaries. Then even more shockingly, walking time bombs like the possible Aluko, Masser & now Anonma, who had nothing good to say about her previous experience in Germany when moving to the Portland Thorns, only to be bench by that club for the horrid player she is, yet now back again at Duisburg. WHY WHY WHY???(the league keeps hiring them)

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's interesting that whoever stands up for her own rights, as Ms. Aluko did, is labeled as a "walking time-bomb" by you, @hotjam2. I have to deduce that you condone racist discrimination? Or that you are persuaded that Ms. Aluko just made up everything to get rid of Sampson? I don't like at all how you always take the part of the offender, here on these threads.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is this like Lyon not being French too...? As I've never related Lyon's success to the French national team, and this is probably the first time Wolfsburg being Germany's best team will see them having absolutely little or nothing to do with the German wnt's present or future.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's really not a bad thing for Bayern to take over the leadership role of housing the next core of the national team, and I doubt they'll be the main reason behind the league potentially becoming weaker next season either, as it's just another transition period for talent, taking place within a larger landscape domestic names are also more likely to seek moves outside of Germany to play professional football.

So I don't see how Bayern are the club to blame for potentially weakening the league, when there's only so many players Bayern can realistically recruit to their squad, knowing Euro/International rivals can and will provide equally financially lucrative offers to German players too.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I did link on another thread an article where the lead investigator found Sampson NOT guilty of any of those accusations.
    If I remember though that you had the audacity to accuse our beloved JoJo Elsig of racism without a single shred of evidence to subtanciate your claim. This time I ain't letting you off. Your on my ignore just from now on! Sayonara

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This message was mean't to reply to blissett

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You won't see my answer, and that's perfectly ok with me, but since this is a public forum, I feel compelled to answer anyway. The evidence for the Elsig episode was there: it's just that most of it was in Japanese, not my blame if you hadn't direct access to it. Anyway, after that allegation several years ago, I had moved on from that fact, and I wouldn't even have mentioned it again, if it wasn't for you who was keeping digging it out.

If I am on your ignore list, that's ok, no problem with me. Anyway, this is a public forum, so don't expect, when you make a public claim, that it's not discussed and that it's accepted as it is. It is a fact that, when any player claims to defend herself from any kind of abuse, you always stand against her and call her "a trouble-maker" or such dismissive labels. I am sorry but you don't get away with that in a public forum without someone criticizing you. I of course won't add anything about this subject, since you retired from the discussion and from any contact with me overall.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I could only watch the second half of the UCL final, and won't be able to see the extra time period either, but when I come back to discuss the final result, I feel my main talking points for this game will be FB's, and the nature of the games elite clubs recruitment policies.

Weltmann repped this.
  9. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I think both of you are right..Harping on what players say on the football field, especially if something is said in the heat of the moment, shouldn`t be dragged along for years. I mean Suarez can say sh...t and eat other players, and he is still a beloved superstar. I do remember way back watching highlights, that Elsig did say something to Ando and Popp of all players broke it up Whatever was said....anyone that has played competitive sports knows, that it sometimes can get verbally very ugly, but it stays on the field and the players work it out. Elsig was young and Ando is a World Champion. Just leave it at that.

It`s been such a long time. Maybe it was this game http://www.fansoccer.de/ersteliga/10spielberichte/fcrleverkusen/fcrleverkusen.htm

10. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    That 2011 - 2014 team was legendary. A very hungry wolf.

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wow... just wow... Wolfsburg’s FBs yesterday (Blässe, Maritz, Kerschowski)) were so god damn exposed and didn’t even look like mediocre players out there...

Gössling looks sadly behind her prime as a midfielder since she looked poor and slow out there, but Wedemeyer did a good job until you know what...

Schult’s been huge for Wolfsburg the last games though and this whole season really

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Lotzen to Freiburg

Batfink repped this.
  13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't get to watch the game(as youtube took down the full game link). but seen the highlights. So for not basically seen it, but it seems to me the whole game then, centered around Popp. When she was in it, WOB was leading, when she got red carded, WOB came apart. So was she that good? or the one that should take full blame(via red card) for WOB's defeat?

again, just watching high lights, I got to question the coach's decision to bring the relatively inexperienced Wedermeyer in as a sub, Usually you don't want to change CB's in the middle of a game & she seemed to me to be on the tail end every time Lyon scored;

I like Pajor, but highly doubt it(with her petite frame)if she was going to get past whats about the most physical/athletic specimen in all of woso, Wendi Renard. I would of put either Harder or Popp in the center/striker position. Possibly Pajor should of starting to the way left(instead of Dickenmann) or Wulleart should of gotten the start.

and finally it does show once again show the significance 'direct style' soccer. as shown by van de Sanden, as she just raced down field with the ball in dominating fashion(though I'm sure batfiink will completely, utterly disagree with me; lol
    thanx for the info. But my reply was more about that the previous poster called me a "racist". I might even respect & debate this but the poster has proven to be a complete 'troll' as he's even admitted that he never watches any of the Bundesliga games(the streamed games on from the dfb website), yet he always wants to start an argument over just about everything.except the games themselves. One memoriable argument several years ago(instead of talking about the game threat) was.he's insistence that Amanda Knox was guilty of murder(she's now been compensated by the Italian government to the tune of 12 million Euro for false imprisonment, or at least, that's what I read on my side of the Atlantic).

but thankly, I'll never will have to put up with his BS again, as I've put him on my ignore button

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's warped highlights of the game(literally every shot taken)

15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The main flop for Wolfsburg was the god damn marking at the end. First goal conceded is god damn poor by Gössling, shooting the goal back towards her own goal. Second goal, Wedemeyer couldn’t keep up with Van de Sanden - originally she got the ball due to awful play once again by Kerschowski. What about the marking in the box lol by Blässe...? Third goal is again poor by Gössling because she lost the ball leading to the counter and then she couldn’t prevent it. Fourth goal is poor by Wedemeyer yes but all in all she’s not the reason why Wolfsburg lost yesterday as she did quite good until Wolfsburg completely fell apart

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again, and again, and again, I'm always repeating the same sentiments concerning the almost unprofessional attitude of Wolfsburg's approach towards developing it's general squad, and the always random composition of it's defense.

I mean how does a club like Wolfsburg go into a week of two major cup finals, with the strategy of using almost the same 11 in both matches, and not have, or understand, how best to use elite level replacements in tactical readjustments for various scenario's that could/would arise in both matches..?

Yes, I didn't see the 1st half, and missed the eventual post Popp dismissal team collapse in extra time, but if this week showcased any critical flaws for Wolfsburg to finally address, it's surely their awful recruitment policy needing to change, with a new perspective towards the nature of it's defense, and the quality of the players within it, no?
    Yes lol, I still think she's a risk for huge mistakes in every match, but I also read she's also produced some surprisingly good saves for her team in the past two games, so...

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Like I've said recently, the stats seem to suggest Popp was Wolfsburg's second most important player this season.

And during a game that saw Hansen and SBG leave early due to non contact based injury, there was only so much this team could handle with their coach's inability to change or adjust his team accordingly.
    From what I know, it's wasn't really Wedemeyer's fault though... as her coach could have easily used Baunach and Jakabfi as 2nd half replacements for SBG and Hansen, even changing the shape of his team before Lyon's wide players completely overwhelmed Wolfsburg's suspect FB's.

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean, why the hell was Kerschowski brought on... so Maritz could play forward lol while Jakabfi sat on the bench lol

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HA! Because your clear bias is so overwhelming, it constantly see's you overlooking the most obvious counters to your silly tactical arguments, like... the little fact a tired Wolfsburg being down a player before Lyon's attack found any serious impact on the game.

From everything I saw in the second half, where both teams used the same 4-2-3-1 in different ways, all of Lyon's domination of the ball, and Wolfsburg's inability to pass down the wings, meant absolutely nothing towards your constantly unbalanced assessment of "direct style soccer" winning the match.

When both teams are equal in player numbers, your "direct style soccer" was being used by Wolfsburg, and used very poorly by Wolfsburg trying to effect Lyon's clear 2nd half domination of the match.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This move could either be a positively defining moment in her career, or the final act to signal the end of her career.

So this is another potentially excellent piece of recruitment from Freiburg, but if this club can also get a Baunach for their CM, and a T.Dongus added to their CB's, I think your could be looking at them forming a rather strong team next season.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Wolfsburg don't make an announcement of signing players like Simon at the end of the season, and don't show serious strides to shift their attitude in other areas of their current suspect recruitment policy, I think they could be in trouble next season if Bayern's various new players provide the extra goals and defensive stability many believe them capable of producing.

In general, Germany's 2 elite clubs will need to improve their philosophy and professionalism towards player recruitment, but after their recent cup final week showcasing a few long term concerns, I feel this finally a point in time where Wolfsburg's true identity will have to reveal itself...

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Although @hotjam2 won't see this reply, I can't help stating that what he's saying is completely and utterly false.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, and for records, since I am the one "not watching matches", this change was forced by Gunnarsdottir's injury at 57', as anyone who watched the game knows. :coffee:

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    seems like with the lead, but one man down, the coach should of ordered WOB into a defensive shell, sort of five man defensive line(to protect the perimeters), the other four lined up slightly above the penalty box. The Asians use this a lot to sometimes decent results.

but it really hard to 2nd guess trying to beat Lyon, which pretty much bought itself the CL title; they usually have 5 of the top ten best players on FIFA's annual short list. Lucy Bronze just been named BBC player of the year(not sure if this means poy of the world). Maro considered by some as GE's best player. Like wise, Ada, Kumagai, Buchanen for their prospective countries. Add the 5 top Frenchies in their country, plus Cacarino(mvp of the last WC u20) & van de Sanden(the unsung her of the Dutch last year)and it's just to powerful to overcome.
    Using an all German lineup, back in 2013 was good enough for WOB, but now trying to compete with the apparent unlimited resources of Lyon, just turned them into hiring an army of foreign mercs/ the hiring of ignored poster's lovey dovey, Ellas Masser, just reeks on desperate WOB has become! and thin for the first time, I'm going to switch & cheer for Muinch, when WOB plays them tomorrow..

but even for Munich, it would probably need the other FIFA top 5 players to compete on equal basis with Lyon. Maybe they also can buy something like Harder, Marta, Martens, Kerr & Ertz? lol

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But isn't this opinion still in the realm of the unknown though... as Wolfsburg, Bayern, and Potsdam's past decisions to all go down a more foreign route has mainly resulted in nobody seeing what a prominently all German international level team would look like competing in the UCL....?

I have no issue with any team bringing the worlds elite junior/senior talents to their team, and their nations league, but Germany's big problem in recent memory has been it's top female teams not recruiting the very best internationals, and still allowing increased budgets to push/force promising and established German international to leave.

I mean you just saw Lyon win another UCL final where they felt more than comfortable showcasing two of their nations top junior internationals. But I'm here asking why a 25 yo Simon isn't at Wolfsburg, a club who couldn't even find room for a league standout like Magull to develop lol.

So there's clearly bigger issue here, than clubs simply struggling to compete with Lyon's supposed unlimited resources, as it would appear to me that it's rival clubs just having very poor recruitment policy's.

blissett repped this.