Allienz Frauen-Bundesliga 2017-18(Winters coming)

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    The back 4 for the 1st half was clearly Minge (RB) - Schöne (CB) - Puntigam (CB) - Simon (LB), and at no point did it switch to a three...

You may have thought it was three because Minge isn't, and has never been a RB, meaning her positioning was awful while she was on the field. But Freiburg's first half team selection was clearly a horrible and costly experiment from their coach.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If it wasn't for the GK's complete disaster of a pass, Simon completely shut down all of Wolfsburg's threat on her side of the field.

Plus if you watched the 2nd half, you would have also witnessed a pretty strong performance from Bühl enabling her to find and waste 3 clear chances to score, with Freiburg as a group becoming significantly better once their coach had reversed parts (not all) of his first half team selection failure.

But with Magull also missing an open goal in a 2nd half, a 2nd half she was definitely a more involved presence as a CM, like you, I'm also at the point now where it's hard to ignore the nature of her decline in form, not so randomly coinciding with her announced move to 2nd place UCL qualification rivals Bayern...

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, and It's even easier to look great when the leagues 3rd place opponent don't even want to attempt trying to win for 45 mins lol....

Freiburg not starting with a main striker when Petermann and Kayikci are both available on the bench, is ridiculous. Starting a young CM Minge at RB, when you have THREE better options available is just nonsense.

And all this while never seeking to make tactical changes for an entire 45 mins just looks rather suspicious to me, as it would end up with the 2nd half showcasing how quickly 2 simple substitutions could have dramatically changed the match in Freiburg's favor.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    checking at the overall point total(for goals & assists together), Linda Dallmann finds herself just one point behind Pernille Harder for league leader
    https://www.soccerdonna.de/de/1-bundesliga/scorer/wettbewerb_BL1.html

but tomorrow might not be the best time to overtake Harder as the undermanned Essen squad takes on WOB in the dfb game of the week
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/frauen-bundesliga-vfl-wolfsburg-sgs-essen/21583/

anybody heard about Essen transfers? will they keep all their players for next year? I read some rumors a while back that Arsenal was interested in Dallmann,.. Freiburg might be interested in Doorsoun, but never anything definite

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With the surprise late season return of first choice CB Brüggemann, I'd argue Essen actually got slightly stronger in the past two weeks; so if I was looking at anything in this coming match, I'd be watching the Doorsoun - Brüggemann CB partnership, and compare it to the disaster of the Doorsoun - Hegering partnership being exposed during their cup semi final defeat.

Klasen is still a huge problem for Essen defensively, which could create various positional problems for Doorsoun to cover; but I also wouldn't be shocked to see Essen do a lot better vs Wolfsburg this time, as their coach finally has zero reason not to Dallmann as a #10 behind Schüller.

I don't expect Essen to get anything like a draw or a win, but I'm saying if this match see's Essen using Dallmann as a #10 behind Schüller... I think Dallmann could make a fool of me this season, and produce the combined best assist and goal ratio of any player in this league...:speechless:

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm... I still feel Dallmann moving to Arsenal would be a bad decision for her own development, but most likely seen by her as a very good decision for her financial future lol.

And with Weiß recently announcing her intention of playing in a new league next season, Wolfsburg's already announced their recruitment of Doorsoun.

So Essen are currently set to lose three of their best players, with no sign of Schüller's departure happening any time soon.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 A team you should really be highlighting for a potential underwhelming future is Potsdam...

Losing Kemme and Wälti, and so far only recruiting Petermann and a horribly average CM Dieckmann from Duisburg, doesn't look very promising to me.

In their favor Petermann - Huth - Schwalm will still score goals, and they do have access to a very strong youth program/second team to cultivate their own talent for the first team, but should Elsig leave...:cautious:

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wolfsburg are Champions
    Harder again the outstanding player

Masar with two goals
    but they were tap ins

blissett repped this.
  10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    f
    agree Harder took over with that phenom first goal assist. Dallmann could of had a bevy of assists if only her team mates were more competent in their finishings.. Loud mouth Masser gets kicked out of the game. Thankly that means she will miss the rest of the season(unless she plays in the German Cup finals). Can't believe former German NT players like Banuch & Kerschowski are just subs so WOB can play it's endless supply of foreign mercenaries once again.

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    But do you really think Kerschowski’s a deserved starter after her mess...?

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    she could start for at least 10 of the Bundi teams, probably would of done a better job of trying to shut down Harder & Wulleart, then Klassen did

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Klasen's positioning is really bad lol, which is why she has to use her speed to make big effort last second tackles so much.

Still a better FB than Kerschowski though.... but when it come to the national team, neither of them should be legitimate RB/LB options anymore.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I can't understand why, or how, a player like Baunach is left on Wolfsburg's bench so much.... but she should really be looking to leave this club once this season ends, as her talents could be better used within a Freiburg or Potsdam central mid-field.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's highlights of the Potsdam/Koln match. Potsdam dominates but Koln scores a couple of goals as well/ JoJo scores a nice header. but she os stopped the first Koln goal/ Then watch the blazing speed of the Millie Bright of the Bundeslga, the MVT coached, Kiwic, try to get back for the 2nd goal, lol(but then Thomsen ,where was Elsig)?
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-turbine-potsdam-vs-1-fc-koeln/21661/

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    worse, if you say Doursoon is moving to WOB, then who would she have to battlee for playing time? She's reemerged as a pretty decent CB. Hate now to see her switched back to something else(as WOB's only weakness might be at FB)

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Verena Wieder to Freiburg though

i’ll have to watch the highlights when I get back home hotjam

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, still being very young this comes as a rather unexpected transfer for Wieder; especially knowing the way Bayern have been talking about her eventual progress to the first team, making me think a loan move the next step in her steady development...

So maybe Wieder watching the progress of fellow youngsters Bühl and Gwinn at Freiburg played a big role in this surprising decision to sever all connections to Bayern so young...?

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm not saying Doorsoun is possibly moving to Wolfsburg, Wolfsburg's already said they've recruited Doorsoun as a defender next season....

And I thought Wolfsburg signed Wolter as more RB cover, meaning they already have Blässe - Kerschowski - Maritz - Wittje (maybe Simon very soon too) competing for the FB positions, no?

So Doorsoun's coming to a team with enough FB cover, but lacking CB options, where Wensing may not return, Wedemeyer isn't trusted for big or regular level competition, and Peter really isn't good enough.

And if Doorsoun can't find match time as a CB in that scenario... I will have no comprehension why Wolfsburg want to waste her time.

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's high lights of the high scoring game between Werder Bremen & Bayern Munich. You can see the thrill & excitement by the Bremen players as they score first, but it wouldn't last long. That BM scored quite a few on counters, shows that Bremen can't hold back at this stage since they're holding on for dear life to stay in the Div 1. Their currently almost tied with Duiseburg & Koln for bottom dwellers
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-sv-werder-bremen-vs-bayern-muenchen/21654/

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #496 hotjam2, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    here's a possible link for the final of the German Cup between Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich.
    https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/frauenfussball/frauen-pokal-finale-100.html

what I like is that it should be 'no holds barred' for a championship game rather than the all ready contested league game. Not sure to who to root for, while I prefer WOB's way more rapid pace(as compared to BM's taking sometimes a bit to long to get into rhythm),but while WOB might not have a single German player in their 6 mid/fwds(Popp's still out), where as BM is at least majority domestic.

due to work, i wouldn't be able to watch this till later, but keep the lights on!

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    can't find any full game replays but then again don't think I would watch a 120 minute game without goals, as WOB wins by penalties, 3-2. Would of expected a more open game but guess WOB needs to prepare for the CL final vs Lyon title later this week

blissett repped this.
  23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol, then this might not be the sport for you...

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    apparently not the sport for most as there's no replay's to be had & the WOB vid only bothered to high lighting less than 2 of the 120 min. In my search though I uncovered this full game of the 2013 Cup final, with a somewhat reverse; WOB got a mostly German lineup while Potsdam got an international cast including such gems like blissett's Ogimi & the current USA GK, Naeher. Not to be outdone, WOB got Kessler & Magull(at fwd) plus a host of names I'm not all that familiar with(sorry, I only started watching the dfb game of the week after Euro 2013)

btw.............other speculative news; after talks bogged down with PSG. Eniola Aluko, the player that took down an otherwise good coach, Mark Sampson. now has her sights on the Bundesliga!

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol.. And your shocked with this...? In the time frame the public only know the wnt being a complete mess, this cup final was probably the least viewed and lowest attended match in the past decade of female cup football in Germany.

Wolfsburg don't seem to care about wasting their budget on recruiting well known but mediocre/average in talent foreign names to increase the depth of their squad; and that's the only club who'd probably match her current pay demands, no?

Freiburg, Potsdam, Frankfurt, all lack the obvious budget, while Bayern as the likely 2nd place UCL qualifiers are already overloaded with useless forwards they don't need.

So Aluko's probably looking in the wrong place if she's expecting to play regular football for one of the top team in this league.