Allienz Frauen-Bundesliga 2017-18(Winters coming)

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 2, 2017.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's always wise to post before one has actually seen the resp. game.

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Kiwic was dreadful today and TP defenders got beaten way too many times 1v1

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, now I see why this game ended with a comfortable 5-0 win for Bayern, and gradually further increases my early contemplation on ideas of how bad the Potsdam team of next season will look..:cautious:

Using a more stable/balanced formation and player selection, Bayern appears like a far more impressive side compared to the team witnessed in the first half of the season; but there's still key areas where things will need to improve if they hope to push a serious challenge for league and UCL titles.

Plus next season with no Kemme, no Wailti, and potentially no Elsig... things could get really ugly for Potsdam lol; and seeing how their coach is already mishandling their attack without Kemme, really doesn't create any reason to ease any doubts for this clubs future trophy winning potential...

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In my mind the clear player of the match had to be Rolser, showcasing all of the good qualities that make her a really strong forward in the 4-2-3-1, and the one really bad quality (shooting) that not only stops her from scoring more goals, but also being recognized on the international level lol.

Däbritz on the right, Rolfö on the left, and Roord as the #10, all work perfectly as a balanced trio of AM's too, but I can't ignore the declining development of Leupolz, and begin to wonder if Hendrich won't be a direct replacement for the younger Leupolz next season, and not the older still more important Behringer...:unsure:

Oh, and comparing the purposeful, accurate, attacking nature of Bayern's overall composed defense, to the defense witnessed with the German wnt in recent years...wow. If this complete fallacy of the German wnt lacking good defenders doesn't end this year, it never will lol.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    correction, because of ONE center back, Kiwic. She's the equivalent of either Peter/Henning or England's Millie Bright. She was the one defending Rolser on all 3 goals. It's no wonder MTV can't wait to leave the Swiss NT, lol

JoJo needs to learn to block out though on the Maier goal, but otherwise there was nothing she could do on an lineup that featured rather 2nd tier players like Ilstead, Rauch, Zadrazil, Meister, Ehegotz(along with third tier, Kiwic)

give TP credit for coming out & play instead of parking the bus. They pressed really hard the whole first half, but it does take a lot out of you & pretty much ran out of gas midway through the 2nd half(this is where BM usually plays strong). Naturally you high line your backs, but in this case , none of them seem to have the speed(this includes sadly, JoJo) to race back in case the high line gets breached(plus their coach needs to better condition the team for a 45 min. press)

In BM, you got a starting lineup that's about equivalent to the German NT.
    In the back, you got 3 regular NT starters; Maier, Demann & Faist, and personally I would take Wenninger & Zinsberger over the likes of Peter & Schult
    in the mid; Behringer, Dabritz & Leupolz all started in Germany's last significant win, the gold medal Olympic game(only Maro is missing from the original 4 mids)

in front, Rolser is obviously better than NT sometime starter, Islacker .Due to their fast pace, the two foreigners, Rood & Rolfo can hold their own to Popp/Huth.

watch out next year when BM adds Magull, Hendrich & Laudehr(back from injury). The negative part will be that no one(including TP) will come out & challenge them anymore(cept for WOB), which could mean they could become as complacent as Lyon in the French League(which some might cite as the reason the French NT can't win the big ones,; simply almost NO challenging games for their NT players during most of the season)

PS..........had to quote you so that batfink knows your out there! lol

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, Elsig has her moments when she completely blacks out and for some reason doesn’t cover players, idk what’s happening with Jojo. Jojo isn’t necessarily slow but when she gets beaten, it doesn’t look like she bothers to run home to cover up her mistakes...? I mean these things are just easy to correct by just telling her that she has to do it, because her skills as a CB are superb otherwise...

Kiwic and Wenninger and Bright strike me to be similar types of CB, although Wenninger is highly superior to them both. Of course you would take Wenninger instead of Peter lol, Peter shouldn’t even be on Wolfsburg’s bench these days as poor as she is

Rolser deserves a NT spot considering her performances for Bayern these days, actually a good player, so i don’t understand why she’s never got a call up...?

And if Leupolz doesn’t get her shit together, she has no business at all for the NT, sadly she’s declined after all of her injuries

But I don’t understand why the NT shouldn’t start building up around Bayern...? It would be the smartest move from MVT since she doesn’t have much time to a potentially WC lol

Simon played for Freiburg yesterday, and personally I’d take her over Faisst. Switch out Wenninger with Elsig or Hendrich and you actually have a highly talented backline that Germany haven’t had in years

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Elsig has her moments. Other players get completely dehumanized. If hypocrisy was uranium you guys could power the planet

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Neither Peter or Henning have shown other qualities suggesting that they should be anywhere near the NT

You can get a player to start marking players but what you can’t is to change the fact that some players have looked dreadful/awful despite getting chances after chances in CL and for the NT lol

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    JoJo started out as a DM at Potsdam, and she had some great games, especially against WOB where she had to go 'toe to toe' with the likes of Kessler & Goessling.. She was moved to CB when their only decent one back them, Drawes, got seriously injured.. She's the best Bundi player when she goes shoulder to shoulder & wins the battle in the air. Plus she's has an excellent/accurate long ball(but don't expect that if you go back to the short passing NT game). But on the con side, she can be a bit show, running wise,& not an exceptional slide tackler(Sauerbruun she ain't!).
    like I mentioned previously, it can work/it can't. But judging Lyon(where they routingly destroy the rest of the league). Not only the French can't seem to win the big NT games. But I've ream so many opinions that Ada, Maro & Lucy have become very complacent in their current game(after joining Lyon)

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rauch and Zadrazil are not 2nd tier players though, with Kiwic looking perfectly fine against the other top six clubs; lol, that was until she had to face Rolser again...

So I don't understand the excuse of Potsdam having a weaker team, or even worse using the excuse of them not being 100% match fit, to face the exact same Bayern team that found themselves pleased to score twice and not conceed against Potsdam during their recent cup semi final encounter.

Potsdam's coach just made the same poor tactical choices again, and failed to rectify any of this with the 3 substitutions he made through the course of the second half. No critical flaws in fitness, or huge disparity in player quality, effected this games end result.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, Zinsberger's flaws have been pretty obvious... which resulted in Bayern already announced the recruitment of Benkarth from Freiburg.

But discussing the rest of your "equivalent to the German NT" points, Däbritz is the only German wnt player I see in the Bayern mid-field/attack, who's 100% worthy of their regular starting place.

I mean Leupolz's form right now stinks, with a slower and constantly injured Behringer remaining the most important CM at their club. And this is put into even worse context, when you also look at the vastly superior form of former forward/winger Popp playing in a new CM role.

And yes, Rolser's season means she deserves a place on the wnt too, but Rolser's big problem, like all the best German club players problem, is the wnt's constant inability to maximize it's players best attributes within a flexible/dynamic 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 system.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #462 Batfink, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    I think a talented #10 like Roord is going to find a lot of problems trying to obtain match time ahead of an even better Magull, with the prospect of Hendrich and a returning Laudehr strengthening Bayern's CM, becoming a highly formidable prospect for the rest of the league's top 6 next season.

So with Bayern beating Potsdam so comfortably, knowing they'll only be getting even stronger very soon, I can see why some people would have various concerns with the current level of competition within this league continuing, or even potentially improving past 2017/18.

However, knowing this is still a semi professional female football league, with a solid long term promotion and relegation system in place, I don't see any lasting problems with Wolfsburg and Bayern facing the various kinds of tests from the more inconsistent, less talented, or financially lower budgeted domestic clubs around them.

Freiburg, Essen, Potsdam, and Frankfurt, will still be a realistic challenge for Bayern, with both Bayern and Wolfsburg only capable of hoarding so much talent before it has to be passed on and developed by others.

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    from all the forums I've read, Zinsberger was considered to best GK at the Euros. Personally thought Wenninger did a yeoman job for Austria at CB; they didn't concede a single goal in their last 3 games at Euros.

Behringer is pretty slow(maybe that's why the coach surrounds with fast players?) but she was the leading score at the Olympics do to all the free & pk kicks). How many titles GE has won now that Maro is the official placement kicker?

Leupolz is pretty much stuck at DM at Bayern, either cleaning up or keeping an eye over Behrninger's slow pope-ness as there's so much ammunition to go to on BM's squad as finally even Leo getting a piece of the action these days) Perhaps on a different/less stacked team she would shine better?

Popp is a good player, but you've been way over-rating her. You didn't watch the SBC where she must of taken over a dozen shots, yet came out empty. You might of not watched the recent Czech game where place as fwd, side by side with Lea Schuller(guess who looked soooo much better?, lol).You also might of not watched the full Chelsea game who everybody though Harder thoroughly dominated(I didn't even know Popp was in this game until late in the first half(s the commentators barely ushered her name)

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well maybe people need to see her in the Bundesliga lol, because a few teams have been the lucky recipients of some rather stupid moments from the unconvincing decision making of Zinsberger...

And yes, Wenninger's really looking good as the most natural partner for Demann, so I'm starting to think the new acquisition of Hendrich may result in Leupolz losing her CM spot as long as she continues living in the shadow of Behringer.

Leupolz could definitely be an improved player with more mobile Laudher or Hendrich next to her, but knowing an improving Bayern will be heading into next season with one of the best young talents in Germany still waiting for her opportunity in the CM role too, I think Leupolz is in real danger of soon regressing into a non factor for club and country.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Huh, what.. what's the SBC got to do with this...? And I'm really not trying to overrate her contribution here either, as I'm the last person who want's to see a former youth level goal machine like Popp stuck in a CM role, and still continue to look for any reasons why it's a clear waste of her talents.

But the more she plays in the CM role for Wolfsburg, the better she continues to look. And when this also means she's consistently producing impressive stats through various important and minor matches, in ways that I can't even argue with anymore, what else can I do but acknowledge this with praise.

She's cruising through matches, showcasing tackles, assists, and goals, that are fast becoming undeniable in validating her current role; and no random SBC failure for the dreadful wnt should be able to remove what Popp's doing right now.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Trying to use wnt matches as sound reasoning for Popp's supposed inability to be a quality CM, while incorrectly correlating her lack of visibility in the recent Chelsea match to a supposed weakness, just doesn't seem fair or reasonable lol.

Continuing to ignore or purposefully forget she was part of a Wolfsburg mid-field that TWICE completely pacified a Chelsea team who's currently on course to do a domestic double, just doesn't seem fair or reasonable lol.

So if Popp's been able to shut down, and then out perform, every single opponents CM during the second half of this season, as somebody who would have always preferred to see Popp scoring goals as a striker, I can't overlook what this could potentially mean for her future.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    7 goals and 6 assists in the league as a CM, makes Popp Wolfsburg's second most influential player behind Harder's 16 goals and 6 assists lol. And putting this information next to the various unheralded factors I see her accomplishing now as a controlled CM presence for Wolfsburg, I think's it's only correct to praise Popp, no?

See, for all of the reasons we'll invent to say she's not doing well, I find it curious watching Popp outperform Ji So-yun and Chapman for 2 matches in direct CM competition, that everybody will still tell me how amazing Ji So-yun and Chapman are as CM's lol.

Just measuring her against the other members of Wolfsburg's potential treble winning side, Popp's scored and assisted more than Hansen - Dickenmann - Gunnarsdottir - Jakabfi - Pajor - Wulleart... but I'm supposed to ignore this because of some imaginary importance connected to the SBC...?

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the SBC was an important enough tourney for the DFB to finally fire Jones, apparently her horrid coaching didn't get her canned at Euros or WC qualifiers.

Don't know what you've keep degrading it, the SBC simply brings the 4 best teams in the world together where you got to be in the top of your game, every game! That includes the coaches where one bad judgement(player selection or configuration) could lead to disaster. So you got to be on your guard every time, No weakling opponent(like the Faroe Islands or Slovakia to be had!).

compare that to especially this year's Algarve Cup, where crowds of 200 was the norm, with almost no tv coverage or live feeds,. and then men's woso(media)having a biggest laugh about it since they cancelled the championship game.

but to be sure, the SBC should of been hosted by a different country each year

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm going to watch the 2nd half later, but I think I just witnessed Freiburg's coach showcase the very definition of creating the perfect conditions for absolute failure...:speechless:

At the end of the half, sitting down legs crossed, resting his hand on his face in a day dream like manner, he's watching another one of his horrible team selections lose with minimum effort lol, and I don't even think he cares.

Thomsen repped this.
  20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    A backtrio actually

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well Freiburg's been great the second half with Petermann coming on, also the youngster Bühl

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well... OK, does anybody else feel like Freiburg's coach intentionally went into this match wanting to through it away...?

Making two obvious and necessary 2nd half substitutions, critical changes he could have addressed much earlier, Freiburg's coach actually allowed his team to compete for entire second 45 mins against this seasons champions.

But who starts a match only 3 points from 2nd place, and decides to start Simic - Magull as forwards within a rigid 4-4-2, also allowing the destruction of a promising CM junior international like Minge, when you clearly have better FB options like Fellhauer, Lahr, Stegemann, all available...?

It was genuinely awful watching Wolfsburg's attack have complete free rein all over Minge, and I found it truly annoying watching their coach do nothing to help her while Hegenauer labored as Freiburg's CM passenger.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Simon didn't really have much to deal with down the left, which was rather surprising considering the threat posed by Hansen on her side of the field; but wow... leaving out Petermann, Lahr, and Kayikci, looked truly ridiculous in the end given Freiburg's second half resurgence.

Anyway, it was good to see Schöne looking really stable over the entire 90 mins on her return from long term injury; so next season, who'll be the next most likely names leaving this team...?
    ------------------- Nuding --------------------
    Lahr --- Schöne ---- Puntigam --- Rinast
    ------------- Beck --- Fellhauer --------------
    Gwinn ------------------------------------- Bühl
    -------------- Kayikci -- Simic -----------------

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #474 Batfink, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Me thinking about the importance of every edition of SBC as it's happening...
    [​IMG]

The DFB didn't fire Jones because of this goofy invitational friendly event, no... they fired her after the SBC, because there's loads of apathetic cowards involved with the wnt, who got this whole process all wrong the very moment they put ridiculous stipulations on a random match deciding the fate of a bad wnt coach.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if you watched, Freiburg started with a 3-back(Punitgan-Schone-Minge). Was thinking this mean't that the outside mids were going to be the actual FB's, but nope, they stayed up. Very odd way to play since WOB comes so strong through the flanks & then Schone was the lone CB trying to stop the cross kicks to the middle

Gave up watching the game after WOB scored their 2nd around the 30th minute,mark. especially since Freibrug team was so stagnant in building anything up. That includes Simon, who seemed kinda rusty out there. Buhl flopped her shot the one time Freibrug got through. Magull supposedly was a fwd, but barely visible, I know she's a pro, but honestly how could she want to win if it might mean Freiburg comes in 2nd in the league(and thus getting the CL spot over BM?.

considering they'll play the best soccer of the year(anywhere) vs Chelsea, they didn't seem all that lively this time around. but even at their worst, it's still good enough to beat 3rd place Freiburg these days. Pernile Harder though once again in fine form, obviously best player in the league