Allienz Frauen-Bundesliga 2017-18(Winters coming)

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 2, 2017.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    starring Pernille Harder as Daenerys Targaryen, everybody else be playing for scrapes!

but start of the new season today in aprox 2 hours with Wolfsburg vs Hoffenheim

and

Essen vs Bayern Munich, this could be a possible link to the match
    http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/live/videostream-wdr-fernsehen-im-livestream-106.html

unfortunately can't see it cause of work, but if it don't show, than at least we'll have the DFB game of the week on Sunday featuring Turbine Potsdam vs Jena

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah bout time for a new thread!

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Where is Leonie Maier

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I watched parts of the game yesterday, and I think Demann was the best in her CB role. Very good performance, and I hope she plays that position in the NT and not DM

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Now I watched the parts I didn't see, and I think Laudehr had a pretty good game. Demann looked very dominant and comfortable out there.

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, Demann & Laudehr played superbly. It was an overall more enjoyable Munich side to watch. Way more faster paced than previously. Islacker might not have the talent or athleticism of Miedema, but she hustles way more. Vonkova reminded me of Tessa Wulleart. Overall, the team looked way better than when Behringer or Maier are in there. Perhaps batfink might agree and start watching again?

Not sure what Essen was trying to do, it looked like Dallmann was playing higher, but then again they all ready had 2 fwds up there in Knaak & Anomly. They lacked punch at midfield & why didn't they start Schuler if they wanted an counter attacking game?(as Knaak had no speed in her)
    Hate to see them loose so badly since they do have so many attractive candidates for the German NT, but this game really showing just how powerful this new Munich side can be, with only WOB getting in the way of them.

next up in about an hour will be Potsdam, but I can't see Jena being very competitive. they've lost arguably their 3 best players, in Vonkova, Hear & Arnold. Here's the link to the live game
    https://tv.dfb.de/livestream/frauen-bundesliga-1-ffc-turbine-potsdam-ff-usv-jena/18924/

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    agree with the Behringer part, not the Maier part. But Demann should be guaranteed two play CB at the NT. Who's gonna partner her is a question tho, Elsig maybe. If Steffi still wants experience and leadership in her team, then she has Laudehr and she can drop Peter from the team forever.

Potstdam thrased Jena 4-1 now tho, good start in the season.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    saw that game, much harder contest than the score indicates. Jena pressed hard but ran out of gas later on. Don't think this performance puts Potsdam on par with WOB or BM, but nice to see some strong subs coming in for them; Siems, Ehegotz & Gasper.

I found it a little annoying that Ilstead tried to mirror Elsig, Jojo couldn't even lined up for corner/free kicks without Ilstead right beside her, lol

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here are highlights from some of the other games,

WOB makes it look too easy with their destruction of Hoffenheim, so many of the goals are scored in close quarters
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-vfl-wolfsburg-vs-1899-hoffenheim/19009/

Jackie Groenen still on fire, scoring one of Frankfurt's goals, all though she might of suffered an injury as she was replaced at the start of the 2nd half
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-1-ffc-frankfurt-vs-1-fc-koeln/19029/

Freiburg didn't come out firing on all cylinders as they just managed a 1-0 win despite being a man up for the last 10 min. of the game.. Their baptism of fire will come next week as they play Bayern Munich on the dfb site game of the week, all though Petermann, Starke & Schiewe seem to be still out on injury. Looks like Magull might of been converted to fwd(judging by her goal)
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-sc-freiburg-vs-msv-duisburg/19027/

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe the coach just wanted to give a look at Yokoyama also. ;)

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if this Yokoyama is so good, than why would the coach of started two 18 year olds(Pawllek & Hechler over her?

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Interesting that there's a new NT game - curious about Schüller and if Steffi's planning to use Laudehr. Also Elsig??

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    those 3 would be great in the open field but all their playing against is an unremarkable Slovenian team who's no doubt going to park the bus. I would like to see Stefi employ different tactics like long balls, swift counters & wing attacks. But when you look that Germany's men's team destroyed Norway yesterday with the same old DFB manual of taking over the midfield first with it's deliberate short passing game, it would be fat chance if Stefi gambles & plays it any different.

15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well they are all in the squad for the next NT game

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Judging Frankfurt's squad this season, they'll really need a legitimate goal scorer if their to do anything meaningful; so Yokoyama surely has it in her own hands to determine how much game time she see's this season, no?
    Wolfsburg have been doing their own thing for a while now, and it literally has nothing to do with the German wnt, or the continued development of the nations best talent.

I mean, do a little research on their youth team, and you'll notice just how inferior they are compared to the most middling clubs currently sat within the nations top division.

Seriously, if it wasn't for getting a bigger budget timing perfectly with them being able to snatch talent from strong Duisburg and Potsdam teams back in 2012-13, they wouldn't have anybody German in their team besides Goeßling whenever she's fit enough to play.
    Hmmm last season Potsdam's biggest problem was the lack of quality from wide areas, and it's utter dependency on two players to score all of the teams goals; so it's promising to see Ehegötz - Huth - Gasper look so bright all together in a team still featuring the stability or Kemme - Kellond-Knight - Wälti in the mid-field.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's the one problem you continue to dismiss all the time lol.. GERMANY clearly play their best football this way, and the senior wnt not doing this correctly for many years now is what sits at the direct epicenter of all the problems this new team faces right now.

Do you just think it's simple coincide the attacking strength of both women's and men's programs, continues to reside within the various CM-AM roles for programs presently lacking renowned world class strikers..?

I've wasted too much time always discussing this particular topic here, but I will say if the German wnt ever woke up to the full potential of it's player pool, like the men they'd probably have a world class defense and mid-field primed for some form of long term success too.

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    but that Potsdam started the 17 year old Chmielinski(as well as Frankfurt with their two 18 year olds) is like really throwing in the hat that they know they can't compete with the likes of WOB & BM. And then even if these kids become superstars, their just be gobbled up by some richer club by next season.

kudos that German men's team won the WC, but the last time I previous seen them they looked bad loosing vs France in the 2016 Euros semis I French team that used 7-8 black players in their lineup to bolster the their commitment to make their squad more athletic/faster, and it did show in that game as the GE had no answer to FR's swift counters. It' the first men's game from either side of the Atlantic that I've seen in quite a while where it was played slowed down, old school. Every other men's game I've seen fr the last year is played a very more rapid pace.

All I'm trying to say though is that you got to have a certain amount of balance; you can play old school, but you still got to pick up the pace; in the men's game, Norway did bring up the old ball on occasion, but when it happened, GE(after gaining possession) could not mount an effective/swift counter attack.

though blissett don't want to talk about it, even Japan women is trying to play a much faster attacking style than their previous, more patient type offence, while still being an effective,passing squad(so basically still keeping that part of their old game)

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Given the struggles WOB have recently found trying to recruit and retain top domestic talents, I doubt we'll be seeing youngsters being stockpiled there anytime soon.

Of course opportunities to go to other leagues could be another option for young players hoping to find better financial incentives too, but looking at Bremer's example... if more money is all these younger players truly wanted, I doubt we'd ever see junior/senior internationals playing for more than 4 teams in this league.

See, those days where traditional powers like Frankfurt and Potsdam housed all the German wnt talent/prospects between them are long over, with us now able to see the likes of Freiburg and Essen with more domestic internationals in their clubs than either Frankfurt or WOB combined lol.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This isn't the place to post this, but seriously... what are you talking about...:confused: You do understand that France has had a LONG history of having access to players with African decent, right...?

Plus if it wasn't for me thinking your general assessment completely out of touch with well known western migration/political histories, I'd also like to ask what the hell does France having access to these various players with direct African lineage have to do with their national team currently playing exciting attacking football...?

I'm genuinely curious to understand why you think football never existed prior to the millennium lol, but I'd also add that it's already been proven from people analyzing televised international games from the 50's, 60's, 70's etc.. that the overall speed of the game hasn't changed very much from what we see right now. (as the ball will only ever move so fast)

Professionalism, rule change, and tactics, are the only major differences we see from old to modern football, and even those seem to come and go in cycles too, making your claims the DFB somehow out of touch ridiculous considering their clear consistency for footballing success with both genders national programs over the past 10-15 years.

Does the senior wnt program have major issues... of course they do. But I don't know how anybody changes the apathy of the DFB to fix this, if they seriously think it's OK to waste three consecutive generations of U-20 WWC finalists with a rookie coach who's biggest asset is mainly helping them (the DFB) appear more socially progressive.

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well I sort of did predict well from the pre Euro woso stance;

while you were mocking them ~~~ I did predict the rise of Austria

I did predict Pernilel Harder's phenomenal play in taking an otherwise under manned Danish team all the way the to the finals. Even you mentioned in a previous post "Denmark was an otherwise mediocre team"

I did predict the rise of the more faster paced, attacking style ~~~ Holland with using 2 upfront wingers, certainly filled that bill.

I admit though, I wrongly picked France to win it, but considering they had a stroke of bad luck, injuries to Majri & Cascarino. And then do to cards, Renard & Perisset sitting out as well in their decisive loss vs England Plus Eschouafni loss of faith in Thomis(she only started the first game, didn't play against Austria or the Swiss), is something that I didn't for see

It's interesting to read another poster from Spain.,when he wrote during group play that in his opinion,. the only are playing a higher standard of disciplined possession/passing game was Germany & Spain

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It may sound harsh to some people, but these teams you now claim part of some form of elite, are still pretty average compared to what we've seen in the past... and as soon as any of them face your US girls... hmmmm, this so called dawn of a new Euro power structure will probably be laughed at for how ordinary it actually appears.

See, my biggest issue here came with me trying to gauge Germany's level of coaching, and the way it could possibly relate towards the necessary potential improvements I presumed rather obvious to the people actually overseeing the team.

But as everybody witnessed, Germany's team only regressed further during the tournament, to an eventual low that saw them exit without even needing their opponents to produce something amazing, or just impressive to knock them out.

So I may not have guessed who would eventually reach the final, but as somebody who was constantly posting prior to this event that particular club affiliation would mean very little towards the actually success of any Euro wnt, not once did I mention England or France winning the Euro's, or feel people would witness women's football take a giant leap forward.

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    big game coming up tomorrow, Freiburg vs Bayern Munich & surprisingly the DFB site's going to stream it!
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/frauen-bundesliga-fc-bayern-muenchen-sc-freiburg/18925/

despite premiering Julia Simic, they're still seemed a little thin last game with Petermann, Starke, Schiewe & Zehnder weren't rostered. In the mean time Bayern Munich has an over flow of players as Behringer, Maier & everybody's favorite GK, Zinsberger, didn't play. Should be a good one, but I see a vastly improved BM squad with just an incredible array of arsenal & balance; the physical play of Volkova & Rolfo along with a sharp shooter like Islacker & excellent winger attack that Laudehr provided in their last game. The only thing that can slow down BM these days is they bring back Behringer, lol

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

oops, and I forgot to mention Demann & the incredibly improved Wenninger(the way she played for Austria in the Euros) possibly now the best CB duo in all of Europe?

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I've always been a Bayern fan, and yeah I don't want Behringer in the team she's like a Dullkvist to me

Hmm I think Demann and Wenninger are a solid CB duo, but let's see how they perform against better opposition

That being said I don't like that Demann's in Jones' squad in midfield; I think she should play CB in the NT and Hendrich could play midfield