Allianz Frauen Bundesliga 2015/2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #101 Batfink, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Historically Potsdam has always lost it's best players to other clubs though... clubs who will always pay more money.

What they've done previously, is to have the best crop of domestic talent available to pick from, but in recent years this has changed with many of Germany's up coming talents being spread throughout the league more evenly.

I mean you can see old squad photo's of Potsdam, and it's shocking how many German internationals have played significant parts of their careers within the club; but continental male club involvement/new money, and improved nation wide development infrastructure, have for the foreseeable future helped dismantle the old power base of German women's football.
    With the rise of Magull, Marozsan's ridiculously productive return, somebody like Sara Doorsoun could be a real dark horse to further push Behringer into the national teams CM background, turning her impressive club form into eventual lasting mid-field national team recognition.

Germany have bigger problems with constantly overlooking CB options right now, but they way Silvia Neid sets her team up to play, I'd agree with you when you say Behringer struggles with the 1v1 scenarios that are forced on her whenever facing opponents who quickly pressure in central areas of the field.

She has a lot of help with Bayern's defensive 5-2-1-2 formation, but when you need/want creativity, Behringer's not really the best player to rely on in the CM area; so it will be interesting to see what happens with Bayern's midfield when somebody like Sarah Romert finally returns to full fitness...

2. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks for the reply, knowing Marina Makanza a lil bit I never really thought she could get along well with someone like Schroder....... so I am not really surprised her time at Potsdam ended up so badly.
    I respect Schroder's team because they are the only one able to beat OL playing better than them but as you say it's not the first time that players leave/complain about the club's treatment...so I tend to believe more Makanza on this one...
    The same thing is happening in France and England but it is absolutely normal imo because the improved standard quality of teams/leagues is forcing the top clubs to recruit proven talent to stay competitive...It will get increasingly hard for youngsters to have game time on Europe best/richest clubs that's normal and very little could be done about it.... as Benstiti even publicly admitted with basically all the best French players at OL, Paris has no other choice than to recruit out of France to stay compete.
    Those said I also think that Germany has been unlucky with your most naturally gifted players injuries/retirement or leaving the country, I mean if Alushi, Kessler, Sasic, Mittag, Bremer, Henning, Berger, Kulig etc.. were still around you wouldn't have said this.
    Nowadays youngsters have to think smart, first develop your talent even in a average club than you could join a big one with a better status. Just like Magull will do.
    What are you talking about?!?...For your knowledge PSG ELIMINATED LYON and WOLFSBURG last season, ... so once again you are completely wrong...like WTF!!.... It's getting annoying with you and France, please stop posting complete nonsense over and over again you are becoming a laughable stock. Please just stop it!

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you sure got a short memory; PSG had FIVE German players on their roster(count em!) last season, including 2 starting NT cb's.

after getting their butts kicked out of the CL by Potsdam, Lyon bought out Potsdam's two best players(Hegerberg & Bremer)

oh ya, as for your soccer IQ, after Germany eliminated France in the quarters at the WC, all you did was whine & whine & whine about how Germany were dirty cheaters

and who could forget your pre WC prediction? which was..........the US will get eliminated in group play.

my pre WC prediction was.........a ZERO injury US team(with their aging vets FINALLY on the bench) was going to beat a SEVERELY injured German team in the finals(which of course ended up a semi, but was a much tougher game then the finals romp)

4. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Looool...you are digging deeper in your utterly nonsense ...I don't even know why I'm wasting my time replying to you to be honest. Anyway, for your knowledge last season in the two legs semi-final between PSG and Wolfsburg only one German started for Paris (Krahn and only in one game)....two other played, Bresonik 10 minutes each games and Alushi 30 minutes the second leg. Paris three goals in total were scored by two French! (Delannoy and Kaci) and a Costa Rican (Cruz).... so please Hotjam just shut up.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think he's genuinely attempting to get the best out of his players/teams, but even if he's successful (like he has been many times in the past), you can guarantee Bernd Schröder's also constantly planned for the eventual re-building process of his trophy winning teams too; and this of course due to his best players always jumping ship to escape the low pay, high pressure conditions, that exists for a club like Potsdam needing to constantly win trophies in order to fund it's relevancy amongst the elite.

The once powerful Duisburg were rolling a similar financial dice every season not so long ago, hoping one seasons trophy success could fund the next seasons attempts at finding further trophy success, and after WOB's arrival on the scene look where they are now...:cautious:
    Yeah.... but with Germany's unique situation of having at least four clubs you could genuinely classify as elite, I'd still expect to see at least one of them take more chances on filling their team/squad with a few more highly talented youth prospects, or underrated names nonsensically ignored by the national team...?

It used to be that Frankfurt would have all the main element of the national team (like a Lyon), with Potsdam's best players being (unfairly..:whistling:) overlooked; but now you have the old powers (Frankfurt-Potsdam) and the new arrivals (WOB-Bayern), and none of them seem to be benefiting from overlooking domestic names who are providing supposed lesser clubs with significant upgrades in their general competitiveness.

I know it's just not meant to be for some players at certain clubs, but so far a 7th place feeder club like SC Freiburg has scored more and conceded less goals than a 3rd place Frankfurt this season lol; Oh, and this with Freiburg's best players being cast off's from Potsdam, Frankfurt, Wolfsburg, and Bayern, all mixed with junior internationals who would never see the field if contracted to any traditional/new elite of the Bundesliga.

But hey, the top clubs neglecting domestic names actually makes the league better viewing, so what do I know lol...

gricio61 repped this.
  6. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The scouting network on female football has incredibly improved , more than the whole movement imo, now it's easier to find gems all around the world and imho is way better like that as without it players like Andonova or Oshoala would never had the chance to display their talent on a big stage for various reason.....But imo you still missing the point , Frankfurt, Wolfsburg, Potsdam, Bayern are great clubs why should they take risk on youngsters or uproven knowing it's a gamble which could cost them a season?

As you wrote in the end of the day Frankfurt is third and Freiburg seventh out of twelve....

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Really...:unsure: Rather than incredibly improved scouting networks, to me it just looks like women's football has more age group international competition to help identify potential talent.

Andonova got her break scoring great goals and showcasing impressive individual talent, for an otherwise weak Macedonian team at a youth European championship. This similar to Oshoala who had one or two displays of dynamic athleticism at the last U-20 WC, and got a move to her first pro team in Europe. Neither of these are particular great examples of "improved scouting networks" within female football though...

Turbine Potsdam continue to take gambles on foreign imports few people have seen, coming from various nations where women's football isn't considered the strongest either; but if scouting in women's football had significantly improved, a lot of girls would obtain moves to pro teams way before we'd ever seen them playing on TV for generally unheralded youth or senior national teams, no?
    Like I said previously, the Bundesliga is currently proving how poorly the established clubs have been at recruitment/development of domestic youth talent in recent years; and if the likes of Frankfurt and Potsdam aren't careful, they could really be at serious risk of losing their old elite status in European scene for the next few years.

This is why I use the example of a Freiburg team currently maintaining a better scoring and defensive record than the supposed giant positioned 5 points and 4 places above them in the league table; as you take a home grown Marozsan out of the equation, and your honestly watching Frankfurt slide down this league table exactly like the Postdam team this season.

I mean Frankfurt have one of the nations top youth teams, and significantly more financial backing to recruit top international talent, but a feeder club like Freiburg are currently one, or maybe two high level internationals away from overtaking a club at the level of Frankfurt...:speechless:. And when you think Däbritz and Leupolz recently left Freiburg for Bayern, this season should be a serious wake up call for the bigger clubs to finally recognise an general improvement of domestic talent may have increased their need to look closer more often.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and I read German international Verena Faißt has been sent to play with Wolfsburg's B-team for the rest of the season due to her seeking a move to rivals Bayern Munich during the current winter break..o_O

This mean's she'll likely be a Bayern player next season, but for me this is another sign of clubs taking a stand against a non existent transfer fee system in women's football, as the players continue to attempt breaking contracts to force early moves to new teams.

Marozsan attempted this not so long ago, and she'll be the next player to leave the German game some time soon, but it's crazy to see Faißt thrown to the B-team for simply seeking a move, when unlike Marozsan it's not like she's a vital/important cog in the Wolfsburg winning machine.

gricio61 repped this.
  9. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes the scouting network/ transfer market has considerably improved in women's football is a fact, Andonova and Oshoala are just two examples that I took but both transfers would have been almost impossible to make 10 years ago.
    I think you are not getting correctly what I mean, it has always been easy to "scout" a player when she's on tv everybody can do that...it's definitely hard to sign her though for various reason you should already know.
    Lindsey Horan straight from an American high school to PSG is another clear example of something which seemed was impossible 10 years ago. Talented Eastern European girls are also being recruited in an increasing numbers at a quite young age which definitely wasn't the case before...not only Andonova but also Damjanovic, Pajor, Jakabfi, Erman, Kiedrzynek etc...not long time ago all these players would have spent most, if not all, their career in their country where female football well we know the situation.... you can only identify and bring them through a network.
    This is what I'm talking about...How can Freiburg take Frankfurt's place in feeding the NT if its best players will be leaving very soon for one of the top four in Germany or a big club abroad ??.....:rolleyes:
    I would have done the same thing if I was Wolfsburg, some players have zero knowledge of their obligation in a professional contract. In France Roche, Rapinoe and Asllani cases have annoyed me mostly because the three players showed an incredible amateurism, ungratefulness, spoiled...Well, professionalism is still new in women's soccer I guess some are still learning about being professional..:rolleyes:

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #110 Batfink, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    If scenario's like Kelly Smith going to America so young didn't already exist, I'd be more inclined to agree with your theory of considerably improved scouting networks in women's football being definitive fact.

However, in a decade of general structural improvements concerning all women's football, I still feel the game lacks the genuine financial clout to implement the kind of wide spread scouting, that would justify your theory of a transfer market that to me simply doesn't exist right now among the very elite new wave female club football.

The increase of wnt's globally is significant, and mostly in Europe to the ridicule/loathing of other confederations, where 46 senior level nations now compete in UEFA's international qualification competitions; and it's in this landscape of improved showcasing platforms for players, we now find more/easier opportunity for various individuals from inferior wnt programs, to gain moves into stronger national club competition, and the superior professionalism which surrounds it too.

I mean arguing Macedonia, Serbia, Poland, Hungary etc.. could have had environments 10 years ago to create elite but undiscovered players sounds like a strawman argument to me...:unsure:; while European money, Horan, and everything concerning the U.S.wnt and NCAA, is surely a topic completely separate to ideas of an improved scouting/transfer market.
    Easy if the healthy swell of talent around the league continues, and strong clubs like Frankfurt remain 3rd or 4th in a league where the top two only qualify for the increasingly important UCL tournament.

See, I feel your going to need the serious introduction of Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus, or either Milan clubs, to genuinely convince me of a coming drain of domestic talent away from the German league; and as long as only 22 players can be on the field, I'm not seeing enough opportunities for the most talented young German girls to be only playing on the best of the best teams nationally or abroad.

If things continue as they are, the old feeder clubs are going to get more access to improved talent, not less.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow lol.... Verena Faißt has been constantly in and out of WOB's team, missed out on various national team opportunities, gets a nice offer from a league leading Bayern Munich side needing a left back/wing back option, and you feel it's OK for WOB to throw her ass into B-team limbo?

Hey, I hear your point about female players lacking professionalism at times, but playing devils advocate, if clubs actually paid transfer fee's, there wouldn't have even been an issue with what Faißt was seeking in this scenario, no?

OK, Bayern is a direct rival to WOB, but a talented 26-yo German international who's never made drama, hasn't disrespected her team or team mates, is being wasted at a club who's clearly perceived her no better than a undervalued squad option at best, forced to compete without a definitive role/position in team who's LB choices have been ordinary at best for years now.

This doesn't have the signals of a disgruntled player reacting petulantly to a potentially financially lucrative transfer breaking down, or appear like another act of amateurism taking place in a women's game still struggling with the concept of contracts and professionalism. On this, it's Wolfsburg who seem unnecessarily surly to me...:unsure:

12. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #112 debzy, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    From the info you shared it seems like Verena who is on a professional obligation with Wolfsburg decided by her own will to break it and join direct rival Bayern without the consent of her club....The story is clearly indicating a lack of respect for Wolfsburg and differently to Asllani, Rapinoe, Makanza etc..Faiss unequivocally had the intention to force her way out not caring at all what she signed before. What she should have done is break the contract THEN join Bayern not doing both at the same time (as Horan has done, first break with PSG then join Portland) ..... she is responsible of her own disgrace she has no excuse plausible sorry.
    We all wanted professionalism in women soccer so I'm very disappointed when I read this kind of thing...and people who encourage it.....bad behavior under professional obligation should always be reprimanded.

ps: from the info you shared Bayern contacted her despite knowing she was under contract with Wolfsburg, imho they should be punished too.
    Kelly Smith did two years in USA-NCAA at Seton Hall so she was already known in the football environment before to get drafted by Boston Breakers...plus already England international from two years and Arsenal star....quite different from high schooler Lindsey Horan don't you think?
    Lol...you're talking like Germany has TONS of extremely talented players....don't over estimate your country ;)...From what I've seen of the very new generation, I'll take Giulia Gwinn, Stefanie Sanders, Jasmin Sehan, Victoria Krug. I don't doubt on how good are the rest but I'm pretty sure you could find same or better in many other nations...;). So we don't need all those super rich teams just a few willing to put money on the market.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, I agree... but doesn't this happen at all levels of football globally...?

Contract ending this season or two years from now, Bayern could only know Faißt wanted to leave if she told people outside of WOB that she was looking for a new club, or Bayern went and asked her directly about the possibility of moving during the winter break.

In either case knowing that details of contracts are typically kept quiet, even if I find WOB's reaction unnecessarily negative for all parties involved, I completely agree with your overall disappointment concerning the persistently goofy/unprofessional practices of various female players seeking to force highly irregular transfers at the complete disruption to their current employers.

However, like I've said previously, by looking at this scenario and others like it from another perspective, isn't much of this an issues of clubs not paying each other transfer fees for players, and highly problematic conflicts of nations/continents sporting cultures and selfish interests?

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, no. If your trying to pretend being a star of English women's football during Kelly Smith's youth, was a bigger or equal platform to a 2012 NCAA drafted high school prospect like Horan, I think your being completely disingenuous to the general apathy and lackluster infrastructure UEFA had in place for it's female talent to be identified back in the day.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    People go bananas around here when they see one crop of talented youth internationals from another nation showcase themselves on the biggest stages available, but these same people are OK with ignoring a decade of the DFB producing team after team of youth prospects, all capable of constantly reaching FIFA's tournaments, and still provide serious individual standouts...:confused:

For whatever reason, it's clear women's football in Germany continues to be held to a peculiar standard of criticism around here; but if I'm looking outside of the factors that see the German senior team being run so badly, without holding any bias, I'd notice a serious talent swell occurring within this particular nations female football scene.

I mean this should have been evident with various pre tournament German teams losing numerous talents, and replacing them with others more than capable of producing significant performances during successful tournament campaigns. But seriously, the rising tide of Bundesliga competition should have provided people with the better evidence of the very things of which I speak about right now; no..?

Even if people want to ignore the national programs development, without using artificial devices to create parity, we're witnessing former feeder clubs producing sides fully capable of posing a legitimate threat to European powers on a weekly basis lol... but you claim bigger clubs will just move in and buy their core domestic players, returning everything back to normal..:unsure:

Lets be honest Debzy, if France had it's seasons end 3rd or 4th best side fully capable of wining UCL's, playing in a league competition the 7 placed club at the seasons half way stage, sat a mere 5 points from 2nd place PSG, wouldn't you be more aware of a growing talent swell within French football, rather than side with people wanting to brush it away citing anomaly or coincidence?

16. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Transfers fees are rare in women football also because there is not a correct financial evaluation of players as they are not considered club assets yet..... I can tell you (knowing a lil bit about it ) that the payable transfer of Verena from Wolfsburg to Bayern would have been very very difficult because Faiss is an excellent player but she's rarely in Neid's thought, she's 26 years old the perfect age for a footballer....young still in progress but also have considerable high level experienced. Taking all these in consideration we could easily understand how the negotiations would have been very difficult specially when agree on the fees (so how much money she worth)...
    Wolfsburg would have been the loser of the negotiation for sure.
    I'm not pretending, I affirm!;)... PSG made a big gamble in signing Horan, for football reason...D1F is certainly way harder than USA high school level... but also because nobody was sure how a 18 years old from somewhere in Colorado would have adapted herself in a city like Paris in a country/culture so unfamiliar to her. Kelly was already playing at highest international level (and making the difference) at Lindsey age, it wasn't a big surprise to see her do so well in America...You are not taking it in consideration how famous Arsenal (only by the name) was.
    It's already happening...I think what you are not aware is how different the new generation is. Today young girls don't want to wait that much(and why should they?) If they have a excellent opportunity in front they'll grab it (as they should!) ...Why someone like Magull should stay longer at Freiburg if any top European clubs playing the WCL is ready to double her salary (did she even gets paid at Frieburg?)...It's great for Germany to keep on producing interesting players but the best will always want to join bigger clubs, their goals is to kick a ball for a living not for charity....
    Nobody is ignoring how many top players DFB has produced during years but to pretend that losing Kulig, Kessler, Sasic, Henning (basically..), Alushi hasn't considerably affected the overall quality of Germany is absolutely laughable. Neid made a tremendous job in keeping your NT on the top of Europe despite losing so many talent, despite your critics her coaching ability is what has made the difference between Germany and the rest of Europe.
    Results and teams performance showed that Neid is clearly a better coach than those of her "generation" the various Bini, Powell, Quesada, Sundaghe etc....Just look at England at the WC, France, Netherlands, Spain etc...they clearly are way better than before .
    There is no doubt that the Bundesliga has the closer competition gap between the various top European leagues but this doesn't absolutely mean a thing just look what happened to Bayern dominatingin Germany while in Europe:rolleyes:..nevermind.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah.. the current big money market dictates that female players aren't considered club assets right now, but I'm pretty sure you've heard of transfer deals between male lower league clubs where more unique things than money are traded for various players services? Why couldn't Wolfsburg and Bayern come to some kind of agreement that didn't see the fallout ruin an entire season for an athlete only wanting to prove their value on the field of play...?

Now Wolfsburg turn to the likes of Dickenmann to fill in at RB during their recent winter break friendly successes, content on losing a talented squad player nearing the prime of her career by demoting her to the B-team...:confused:
    Ha! A big gamble is Potsdam's scouting resulting in the signing of Genoveva Añonma. Compared to that, even if you'd never seen Horan play, to think the USA's top female high school prospect is a gamble in 2013, either means you have no belief in the NCAA, or completely discredit the genuine talent coming out of north America's female scene. Oh, with any idea's of possible culture shock sounding rather laughable too...:rolleyes:

Plus I know how significant male club affiliation would have been for women's football back in Smith's youth days, but recognising the inert state of the English women's football, with media acceptance being so bad, the idea it could have bread any kind of platform for Smith to showcase her talent isn't being realistic to the way everything genuinely looked for Europe's elite female players back then.

You think a clear one off world class talent like Kelly Smith end's up at Seton Hall instead of something like a established powerhouse North Carolina soccer program...?

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #118 Batfink, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Of course bigger clubs will always attract the sports best players, but I'm sure my question of where could they all play remains just valid in the near future too.

See, we have a club like Freiburg who's currently assembled an exciting attack featuring various young talents who've all previously featured in some way for Junior national teams, having their early careers connected to roles at bigger/more successful teams in Germany's top division. But you believe Hasret Kayikci, Sandra Stark, Lena Petermann, Sylvia Arnold, Giulia Gwinn, will all be able to find future homes with the kinds of elite teams who'd be chasing Lina Magull..?

I honestly believe the club game is the best development tool for German players right now (definitely with Neid still in charge anyway..), and will turn into the best platform for wider development throughout all of European women's football too; so if the money's right, I'd fully support the desire of any female to jump ship for greener pastures somewhere else.

However, I don't think there's enough greener pastures in existence right now to foster the kind of environment where clubs similar to Freiburg could lose enough of it's most talented players to return the league back to everybody below 5th place being potential relegation fodder.
    But your suggesting I actually believe that Bayern Munich is the best female team in Germany though; hmmm, their not....:cautious:

Bayern Munich are pretty much a team designed to grind out results in the Bundesliga, but as soon as they've been forced to do anything more than that, all you see is them crumble under the strain of the new in game scenarios forced upon them.

They will be a legit threat to any of Europe's elite UCL aspirations very soon, but watching them play now, you better understand how their 12 point advantage in the Bundesliga flatters them, and completely skews the nature of Germany's top division right now.

19. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Because Faiss is an excellent player who would had made Bayern immediately stronger.....It ain't that hard to understand why Wolfsburg refused to let her go...
    Yes the cultural shock was significant with Horan, if you think an American teenager who spent all her live in Colorado didn't took certain among of time before to integrate to her new reality...well you are quite naive on this subject....Everybody knows Lindsey (like the vast majority of young Americans in France) was more keen on McDonalds than French cuisine....and talking about Anonma, yes signed her was a successful gamble that's why network of scout/agents have considerably developped in Africa since then...just look at the number of African players who came in Europe/USA since the pioneersModise, Nkwocha... now you have agency like LTA which basically has the entire Ivory Coast NT members as clients along more famous players such as Seger, Boquete, Sembrant etc...
    Absolutely right, I second you on that.
    Well to affirm that the current Germany league title holder and leader of the Bundesliga with 12 points above the second is not the best team in Germany is quite....:oops::cautious::ninja:...I have no words to describe my surprise/amusement/stupefaction on your statement...com'on Batfink they can't be 12 points clear above if they were not the best, period.:thumbsup:

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just to remind ourselves about this little precious moment of last summer:

P to the Wee repped this.
  21. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Top moment

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern Munich currently have LB options like the once highly rated Katharina Baunach permanently sat on their bench, while their own 18-yo prospect Isabella Hartig continues her successful season long loan at Hoffenheim, in a league competition which still see's options like 23-yo junior wnt standout Carolin Simon floating around at perennial feeder club Bayer Leverkusen; in this scenario with an expanded global market, who's to say Wolfsburg's decision hasn't completely derailed Verena Faißt's opportunity to remain within the elite circle of women's football...?

Being wary of providing a direct/emerging rival like Bayern Munich with a national level LB/wing back option may sound like bad business, but these are the same dummies who've just let Magull, Selina Wagner, Jovana Damnjanovic, all go on loan to other Bundesliga teams who've taken points from them this season...:confused:

But hey, to me much of this Faißt situation seems to fall at the feet of a big spending WOB not being able to manage it's increasingly bloated squad correctly...
    ...:laugh: You talk as if Paris France is in a strange parallel universe compared to Colorado USA lol. The money spinning amount of legal marijuana that place sells now almost replicates the crazy recession proofing cocaine pandemic that ran through Miami during the 80's, but you think a teenager coming from this same Colorado couldn't integrate into the reality of nouveau riche luxury provided to her by playing football for PSG's female team...:rolleyes:

Come on Debzy... an American pro athlete who needs McDonald's, but can't find one in new millennium Paris... really..? It reads like lazy improvisational comedy skit lol.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #123 Batfink, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    When you say scouting, do you mean lazy agents who'll sign every player on particular national teams, to then sit back and wait for the shop window of youth/senior international tournaments to hopeful attract interest from foreign clubs..:rolleyes:

I still feel your confusing what detailed scouting looks like in the more established men's game, for the women of global football having a series of bigger platforms to showcase their potential and talents for an emerging/more stable club scene.

Just look at how poor scouting in talented football market's like South America and Asia has been; but your trying to tell me women's football has good scouting networks because a few African girls get themselves moves to Euro/U.S. teams on the back of a WC or Olympic games..?
    In the first league win for Bayern Munich, Frankfurt as Bundesliga's 3rd best team by a mere 5 points went on to win the UCL last season... This with Wolfsburg winning the second of it's consecutive league titles the previous season to that, with a full 16 points lead over the now mighty Bayern Munich; so beelieve me when I say this... the way the Frauen-Bundesliga works, Bayern Munich may well win the UCL in the next to years, but will seriously struggle to call themselves the dominant force of female club team in Germany.

Wolfsburg has issues right now, Frankfurt even more, with Potsdam not even on the radar; but looking at what each team has in place, I like others don't find Bayern that impressive when watching them, and personally feel the second half of the season may add more validation to my belief that the 12 point lead of Bayern Munich provides a highly unrealistic assessment of the hierarchy of the German game right now too.

24. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lool...As YOU even say Magull, Wagner, Damnjanovic all went ON LOAN...they'll be back next season stronger with more experience....Faiss will bounce back I'm pretty sure about it and yes Wolfsburg players management could be questionable indeed .
    Yes, Paris and Lakewood- Colorado are certainly quite different...from food, culture, language, population ethnicity etc... it was a world apart for her. Lindsey's integration was facilitated by PSG allowing her to continue her study in anAmerican college... because as you keep on forgetting she was a high schooler not a pro athlete yet...
    Well, I don't know how deep is your knowledge in scouting/transfers/agency stuff but if you claim that company such as LTA agency which has been able to successfully negotiate contracts for Natalia Pablos, Torrecilla, Seger, Roddik Hansen, Sembrant, Lindahl, Enganamouit etc...at top professional clubs such as Bayern, Montpellier, Chelsea, Lyon, Arsenal.etc....If you say those people are just a bunch of lazy agents...well I think you have absolutely no idea how football behind the curtain goes....
    South Americans and Asian are scouted, in France last summer we had a bunch of Venezuelan (if I remember correctly their nationality) tested at Albi, unfortunately they were not good enough but Asian (Taiwanese to be precise) however were signed.
    I think your problem is not about few foreigners coming in Germany...but more about them supposedly "taking" young Germans places:rolleyes:....We live in a Global world Batfink, the competition is open and only the BEST will survive, you better deal with it.;)

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even when Bompastor and Abily did Lyon dirty by breaking their contracts early to complete short spells in the U.S. league, if the Lyon coach would have instead blocked the moves and sent either/both of them to play with the B-team for a season, I'm sure even you would have been more sympathetic to the utter waste/damage accomplished with such a vindictive resolution to events.
    Yeah, OK... Because heading to Paris France, is just like stepping through a fantastical looking glass for innocent little American's like Lindsey Horan.

She must have been absolutely terrified seeing all of those angry brown faces on the city streets, constantly forced to eat an alien cuisine of snails, mouldy bread, and putrefied cheese, all the while trying to decipher why some form of incomprehensible nasally gibberish was always being spoken all around her.

I see your point now; the top high school prospect for NCAA recruiters was a real expensive gamble on the part of PSG, because at any point of the transfer, the resulting PTSD of an 18-yo American living outside of the U.S. could have completely ruined this brittle little flowers ability to play football for one of world football's richest clubs, on a contract which would earn her a couple thousand of dollars each year...:rolleyes: