Allianz Frauen Bundesliga 2015/2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cup final review... Ralf Kellermann (Wolfsburg's coach), once again showcases all of the same confusing team selection, that saw his side finish the league season 10 points behind Bayern...:confused:; but SC Sand should take some major respect from their performance in this seasons DFB cup, capitalizing on all of WOB's frailties in the final, to almost pull off what would have been a much deserved win based on what I personally saw....

Even if decisions were made with an eye on the WUCL final, I still feel Kellermann made horrible tactical mistakes starting Peter, Bernauer, and Bachmann, again completely blind to the fact Popp isn't ever going to be a #10, as Jakabfi continues to pull out wide (on the wing) in order to do what she does best, showcasing the direct dribbling/speed that will always see at her most effective.

In response to WOB's poor team selection, Alexander Fischinger (SC Sands coach) could have almost produced the perfect day for his side, but with the score at 1-1 didn't get the referees whistle for the most blatant of penalty's in the first half, losing the matches best player in the second, and therefore his teams best outlet for their well executed counter attacking game plan.

So a good competitive cup final overall, if this game doesn't wake Kellermann up to his own failings this season, then the UCL final is going to be a battle of attrition, rather than a match up between Europe's two best sides; but if I was to take one thing from this game, it would be that WOB's recruitment of young talent from abroad remains very good, with their former prospect Damnjanovic a genuine name bigger teams should keep on their potential transfer radar too.

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have to agree. It was blatant how much Kellermann is caught out of his depth. I think it shows that he never played n the field but was a goalie in his career

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He was given a bigger budget to build his squad this season, but I think it's just ended up distracting him from continuing to develop what his team did best.

Wullaert, Pajor, Hansen are going to turn out to be great players for Wolfsburg next season, but missing the likes of Müller - Pohlers - Keßler, Kellermann's really struggling to understand the right balance in constructing a fluid/cohesive attacking unit right now.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think there's more missing to his tactics than just the balance - and I think we will see this in the CL final.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bachmann shouldn't have been starting any of WOB's matches in the past month, while I'm lost on the reasoning behind an excellent winger being played in front of Popp, when a great #10/forward like Wullaert's constantly sat on the bench..:confused:

In the UCL final, if he's going to do what he's done all season, expect WOB to bunker deep, and hope to find luck on the counter; but if inspiration/common sense finally slaps Kellermann in the face this week, he'll put an 11 on the field that can finally play to it's potential, like they did during the recent UCL semi final's first leg against Frankfurt.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In other news...
    • Isabelle Linden (25) leaves 1. FFC Frankfurt and joins Birmingham City Ladies in England's WSL
    • 1. FFC Frankfurt need to find a new main sponsor, after Commerzbank reduces it's funding

Joining Corina Schröder and Marisa Ewers, Linden becomes the third German to join Birmingham City Ladies this season.

And the new era struggles also continue for Frankfurt, as the previous sponsorship deal that barely kept them relevant in recent years get's significantly decreased, leaving them seeking a new benefactor to offset the losses within a growing landscape of competition to obtain the games best talents... both domestically, and abroad.

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I would of liked to see Wullaert start too, but Jakabfi(as striker) had an excellent game nonetheless/ Kellermann will have no choice but to play the counter attacking game, as Lyon throws everything but the kitchens sink into dominating the midfield.

I used to think Lyon's one achilles heel might be that they have no competition in the French League(thus totally unprepared when taking on a tougher opponent). But just looking at Lyon's final league game last Saturday; they're whole roster consisted of their B/or reserve team(not a single usual starter was in the lineup or even on the bench). So not playing as a whole cohesive unit all year long, how did this new team do? Well they tied, 1-1 the 3rd best in the league, Montepelier(which had most of their 1st tier players in the game).

So basically, Lyon had the 2nd best team in France as their own private preserve to use as fodder during practice, can't beat that! Looks like Bayern Munich is trying to so the same thing..........
    glad to see Linden get a 2nd chance and show what she's got(she had almost no playing time at Frankfurt). Ewers is an underrated player, stuck on a team(BL) that never goes anywhere. Hope to see both of them, as I do enjoy watching the WSL games(when shown on youtube)

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here is Jakabfi's performance in the final of the German Cup

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All Jakabfi's best pieces of play come from her being in wider positions on the field. Everything positive she did against Sand, she could have also done equally as good, or better, simply starting as a winger.
    I don't get this... Lyon have been doing this for a good decade, still competing among the best in Europe; so why is everybody acting so shocked that it's still happening now..?
    It won't happen. Again, non of this is new....

Years ago a European leading Frankfurt had the best team in Germany (by a considerable distance the best), and fearing a legitimate beating, even they wouldn't dare consider putting a B-team out to face a 2nd/3rd place Duisburg or Potsdam.

See, it goes in cycles in Germany, with it clearly being Bayern's time to be on the rise. However, wining more than 3 consecutive titles doesn't happen, and by the time Bayern reach the European summit (and they will..:cautious:), another Bundesliga rival will be primed and capable of taking that away from them too.

I expect Bayern to be strong next season, but being so strong they use a B-team and end up comfortably drawing with the leagues 2nd or 3rd best team...:thumbsdown:

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    got to forgive me, but on this side of the Atlantic, last year's NWSL champs. KC, is currently in last place. Remember too, Bayern Munich last game was a 1-1 tie vs 8th place, Hoffenheim, and still BM started 7 of their usual 11 in match.. Lyon's case was a bit different, zero starters played in their last game and still tied against a very good Montepelier team. It just seems like a total waste, to have Lyon's reserve team just sit on a the bench the whole season long. They could of played as their won team and with all the 'young guns' on it, generate a nice following

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's down to the U.S. sports system preferring the process of artificial/manufactured parity though, where the leagues worst teams/clubs one season are afforded opportunities to get the best players prior to the start of the following season.
    The French league will develop over time, and get to the point where legit rivals can eventually threaten their crown.

Germany however already has this process down to around 2-3 year cycle of dominance for any of team in it's league right now; and after seeing how a disorganized WOB pushed Lyon in the WUCL final, it will be interesting to see Bayern's ascent towards becoming one of Germany's and Europe's elite, knowing rivals will soon arrive to topple them domestically too.

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I cannot emphasis this enough: dont ever let non-Germans patricipate at your penalty shootouts.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Well, true lol... but that shouldn't let Kellermann off from his all round terrible coaching performance.

His own lack of bravery was telling...

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well since Im locked-out of the international forums I couldnt rep your posts but be told I agreed with all of them.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, now I'm waiting for debzy to tell us how much better Lyon and D1F are than anything based in Germany, but considering how they looked vs a WOB side set up to fail, I can't help but feel a far weaker SC Sand put on a better attacking display than the much vaunted Lyon side...

16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And then there's always Muhahahahadi

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey hey, she saved PK's, she legit now, stop hating...:rolleyes:

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    bah my granny or even that icelandic lady would have saved those

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Meh, I'd care more if WOB were being hailed as the greatest female team European/world women's football has to offer; but in all honesty this wasn't WOB's best team right now, and their the #2 team in a league we all know has a club which will take some stopping in Europe once it's found it's rhythm too

WOB almost won a poor UCL final, with one of the worst performances you could imagine, against a team hailed as a unbeatable monster...o_O; if Lyon didn't win, while hilarious, it still would have been considered a crime scene lol.

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well I think you are right both played crap but i think for different reasons. WOB have their tactics getting lineup messed up time and time again. Lyon seem to have a Bayern effect where league and CL semis where so easy that it was difficult for them to shift up again from coasting mode.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, Kellermann's constant horrible deployment of his players this season was on full show today, but I never thought Lyon would destroy WOB like some people were suggesting, and still feel their strength is completely independent from the weekly lack of stress/strain faced within their league competition.

Only Kellermann can explain what he was trying to accomplish in this seasons UCL final, but Lyon's lack of domestic competition doesn't explain why they had so little to offer during the 80 mins of WOB being so utterly awful.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wullaert and Wedemeyer should never have been placed on the bench for this final, but how does Lyon allow WOB to be SO BAD, and not have more than 1 goal to show for it...:confused:

Even for WOB's standards this season, that starting 11 was a truly epic fail I'd expect lesser Bundesliga clubs to exploit better than Lyon did over 90 mins.

Plus if it wasn't already bad for Germany headed to another tournament with Silvia Neid at the helm, if Wedemeyer's end of season run didn't already confirm it, can we add Peter next to Krahn and Bartusiak as the latest German international to show her role as a elite level CB is well and truly done....?

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In other news...
    • Wolfsburg lose the WUCL final on PK's to Lyon
    • Swiss international forward Eseosa Aigbogun (23) joins Turbine Potsdam
    • Gina-Maria Chmielinski (16) follows famous footsteps in signing a pro contract with Turbine Potsdam
    • Silvia Neid announces her pre Olympic squad with Meike Kämper being the only new addition

Pauline Bremer was the last 16 yo Potsdam elevated from their youth ranks so early, and the talk seems to suggest their equally excited about the chances of Gina-Maria Chmielinski developing into another top prospect too... but we'll see..:cautious:

Plus after another average season for many of her defensive options, it should be worrying to followers of the national team seeing a 4th choice GK Meike Kämper being brought into the pre tournament squad as the coaches only experimentation, no?

For long periods Peter couldn't start ahead of a youngster like Wedemeyer at CB for her club. Bartusiak as the national teams captain/1st chioce CB, was forced into a DM role at Frankfurt. And Krahn having a truly shocking season, ended up being part of a team with the leagues overall 2nd worst defensive record (worse than relegated Weder Bremen..:speechless:)

The 2nd divisions best GK may not be the only defensive alterations you want to be looking at right now lol.

24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and this is why Wob need Björk

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Saskia Bartusiak (33) extends her contract with 1. FFC Frankfurt for another season, with the club saying she's an important player...:cautious: with much needed experience for a new look team now missing long established star names.

Plus if anybody's interested in the fortunes of the next generation, highlights showcasing the first leg of the semi final stages of the youth league took place too... and I'd say Freiburg's impressive U-17 Euro champs have some work to do if they intend to reach this years final...:whistling:

Turbine Potsdam U-17 vs. 1899 Hoffenheim U-17
    http://tv.dfb.de/video/b-juniorinnen-meisterschaft-turbine-potsdam-vs-1899-hoffenheim/14482/

SC Freiburg U-17 vs. FSV Gütersloh 2009 U-17
    http://tv.dfb.de/video/b-juniorinnen-meisterschaft-sc-freiburg-vs-fsv-guetersloh-2009/14483/