Allez Les Verts! St. Etienne Action Thread 05-06 [R]

Discussion in 'France' started by quentinc, Jul 16, 2005.

1. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Looking forward to this season. It's hard for me to get news, and I can only catch a few games, so I'm hoping this thread will keep me updated.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Who have they signed so far

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Mazure from Caen...

4. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    What position does he play? What type of player is he?

5. Persian Luis Figo

Persian Luis Figo New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    He's a FW. He was impressive in Caen last year. Not with number of goals though he did get 9 or 10 I think but with his play/heart and descent skills.

I like him. Also Piquionne has been transferred permanently I think so that's good news and Feindunou is also staying I think. So all great news for ASSE so far ;)

6. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    My prediction for the season:

4th in the league
    Win the Coupe de la Ligue over Rennes
    ******** up in the Coupe de France and go out early to Ligue 2 side Montpelier.

If that really happens, I think I deserve some sort of a prize.

7. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    The Soccernet prediction:

I do think it will be difficult to suprise opponents like we did last year, but I don't think we'll finish that low.

8. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
  9. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
  10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont see a top 6 finish. I dont think the team added that much. Lyon, PSG, Monaco, Marseille, Rennes, and Toulouse are all better. ASSE will finish 7th or 8th I think.

11. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You forgot Lille... :D

12. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Hmmm...

You might have a point if they can't score against teams like Ajaccio and Troyes.

13. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Finally, a win!

14. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Oh well. Last year, we started out even worse.

15. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Nice news today.

To celebrate the glorious 75-76 season, which saw Les Verts reach the CL final (lost to Bayern Munich), 2 gala games are scheduled + one to come.

09/02 Barca :cool:
    10/05 @ Partizan Belgrade
    Spring: Bayern Munich?

FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE ASSE.FR

Ronaldhino à Saint-Étienne

Le vendredi 2 septembre à 20h30, Ronaldinho en personne et l’équipe du Barça seront présents dans le Chaudron, au stade Geoffroy Guichard, pour disputer un match de gala avec l’ASSE.

En effet, afin de célébrer l’anniversaire des 30 ans de la saison 75-76 qui avait conduit le club à la finale de Glasgow, la direction du club a choisi d’offrir aux supporters stéphanois, la venue du Barça et la présence du meilleur joueur du monde avec ZIDANE, le célèbre RONALDINHO. Ce sera un grand évènement à Sainte-Etienne comme en France, pour tous les amoureux du beau football. Merci à Omar da Fonseca, d’avoir su convaincre le Président du Barça.

Ce premier match de prestige sera suivi le mercredi 5 Octobre d’un autre match à Belgrade contre le Partizan, à la demande d’un ancien vert de grande valeur, IVAN CURKOVIC, Président actuel du PARTIZAN. Ivan Cukovic, recevra ce jour là, au stade de Belgrade, la légion d’honneur de la part de Jean-François LAMOUR, Ministre des Sports et en présence de Michel PLATINI en personne.

Un troisième match de prestige se fera au Printemps contre sans doute le BAYERN de MUNICH à Geoffroy Guichard.

Trois matchs pour célébrer les 30 ans de l’épopée stéphanoise de 75-76, c’est respecter notre histoire, donner du plaisir à nos supporters et apporter encore de l’expérience à nos jeunes joueurs.
    [...]

16. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I haven't watched any games yet (and barely caught some highlights). It seems like, from the reports, we get shots on goal, we just can't finish. We're certainly doing well on defense. Better than Rennes:eek:

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You didnt do that much in the transfer window.

18. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Baup and the gang tried to plug a hole down the right side by trying to pry the argentine Rossi from FC Basel, but they refused for sporting reasons.

A move might be in order for the winter between the clubs.

They also tried for a loan of Koke from l'OM, famous for his #!*# 94th minute goal that tied the game in our visit to the Velodrome last year, but Pape Diouf refused.

The club will look at reinforcement during the winter break (2 players) to cope with the CAN which will take around 5-7 players out of the club.

Les Verts did bring in Tiene, a Ivory Coast international & buddy of Zokora, to operate down the left side. Baup still isn't sold on the diminutive Mendy.

19. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I like our spot in the table. Keeping pace with the teams we need to.

Big test against PSG this weekend.

20. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I came across this , you might be interested for your puter.

21. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Thanks!

I am stoked for the match tomorrow.

22. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Awesome, awesome match. Every single player on that pitch did exactly what they were supposed to. Play like that every single week, and we're talking CL. The 2nd goal was absolutely un********ingbelievable.

23. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Congratulations, we were shite and you were up for it.

I'm just annoyed by the attitude of our players. Les Verts strolled through this, they should have had some form of a challenge.

Still can't believe the PSG defending, schoolboy stuff. Absolutely criminal.

24. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Very impressive play against PSG. Had no idea they were so good...and on a shoe-string budget! How do they do it?