Pirlo Officially Appointed New Coach - Allegri/Sarri Out!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I disagree...beautiful football isnt tiki taka...plenty Italian teams have played beautiful football, so have Juve. Otherwise why would a non-Italian like me even follow Juve? I had no links to Turin or Italy...its because certain players and a team caught the eye

Cant say Juve didnt play beautiful when we have such Legendary names in our history; from Platini to Baggio to Zidanes Del Piero Nedveds to Pirlo Vidal Pogbas

juveeer repped this.
  2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Who cares about hypotheticals, they won them

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #403 falvo, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Platini, Baggio and Zidane played over 20 and 30 years ago and the game has totally changed ever since. Traps catenacciaro Juventus teams were far from attractive and even more boring when they won in the 1985 Heysel tragedy.

Pirlo was washed up and over the hill when he came as Milan discarded him. He was revived by a great surrounding supporting cast but I still didn’t see this great attractive Sacchi like total football team. I mean they were strong and solid club and one of the best in a long time but I didn't see Jogo bonito.

Even taking Pirlo and Pogba into consideration , Juventus lost one Champions League final with them in the team. Therefore giving them both credit , you can’t fault the coaching for not winning that final. If anything, they should share the blame as they didn't play great in the championship game and neither played in 2017 where Juve lost again...

Again though, you have reinforced my initial point because attractive football or not, you can't measure success by winning the CL and its almost impossible given the history.

If winning the CL is the only way to measure a clubs success , you will see an even greater number of managers coming and going...

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Pogba was hurt.

If not they win that year.

And if the ref gave the penalty against Barca we win that year.

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And if I was Bill Gates I'd be a billionaire.

But I'm not.

And Juventus didn't win either final.

gumbacicc repped this.
  6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If CL was a crapshoot, Real Madrid wouldn't have won it as often as they have. That's a weak excuse.

The lottery is a crapshoot. The CL is the toughest club competition in the world where teams that sign the best players and are managed well can win. We always seem to fall short.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I hope that the fact that a very mediocre Sarri winning the league with two games to spare finally shuts the Allegri fanboys up about what a brilliant manager he supposedly was.

Was he better than Sarri? Yes. Can any pedestrian manager win the Serie A with Juve? Yes. Do we play the same shit football now that we did under Allegri? No, I would argue that despite being defensively weaker, we are more entertaining at times under Sarri going forward.

This team has two real goals all season. To win the league and CL. We achieved the former and will likely fail at the latter. Little different than what we did under Allegri.

usnroach repped this.
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #408 falvo, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Apples and oranges. Just because they won multiple trophies doesn't mean Juve or any other Italian team can or will. Heck even multi winner AC Milan has been decimated and hasn't won it back since 2007 and they are Italy's only multiple winners. Same with Inter who hasn't won in ten years.

Look at the Italy's scandals in the last 15 -20 years alone. First the doping ordeal with Giraudo , then calciopoli and the Serie B relegation which took 6-7 years out of their life. Then the scandal with Conte being suspended from the bench.

Real and Juve are a different team and La Liga is not Serie A , Spain is not Italy and Madrid is not Turin and never has been.

They have two entirely different stories with different contrasting leagues, playing and living conditions , style, ownership and history. You just can’t compare both leagues , teams and situations because they are just not the same. Whether the reasons listed are all excuses or not, they exist and you can't deny what happened.

Again only 21 teams across the whole of Europe have won the tournament and only 12 teams have won more than once and 8 teams three or more times.

upload_2020-7-27_5-23-3.png

juveeer repped this.
  9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Im sorry you missed all our nice goals and plays. I very much enjoy our football (not since 2yrs ago) but to me we played very nice games many times. Maybe not every game but there is a reason our players are always on the radar of big teams.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Its not the same competition for everyone because unlike a domestic league where everyone plays each other, UCL is heavily dependent on who you face. Sometimes u get a harder team than the other.

I think in 2016, RM had nothing but weak teams all the way til the final. Well thats completely different than when we faced a great Bayern team in R16

Then there is injuries and ref decisions. Or playing on a frozen mud pitch for Galatasaray. Its so many factors and it stretches over 9 months where teams go in and out of form or injuries, suspensions.

UCL is really not a good measuring stick for these things. Unless the teams came face to face with all their good players available

11. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allegri would be nice but I think it would be much of the same, I’d like to see Pep here at Juve and see if he can motivate these guys to play some good solid football.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #412 falvo, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Beauty in terms of football is overrated. I can care less about pretty ball if a team never wins. Udinese and Parma in the 90's & early 00's were great examples of this. Same goes for Zeman's constant running teams or Mazzone's all out defense and counterattack. They were both simpatici but that doesn't mean much.

I vividly remember Trap's & Lippi's CL winners but both champions league final wins were lackluster at best.

Juventus was given a pk because a player was brought down outside the box in 1985 and Juve were awarded a pk that Platini converted but the ref had no business of giving that pk.

Juve beating Ajax in 1996 in Rome on pk's was another bore.

I was living in Calabria, Italy when A.C. Milan tied Juve 0–0 in 2003 in Manchester and I remember I was so bored I fell asleep during he pk's. I was then awoken by all the AC Milan fans partying in the streets so then I knew they won. I wasn’t impressed though.

When coaching Juventus in Serie B, Didier Deschamps was criticized heavily because his team wasn’t playing beautifully despite having all the superstars in the team. As a matter of fact I distinctly remember him saying it takes both sides to play pretty ball not just one.

Come to think of it even though Juve won the league, I remember many horrible games by them. They lost the coppa Italia to newly promoted Serie C squad Napoli and bowed out of the competition. That was their only hope of playing in Europe that year. They also lost to Brescia on a hat trick by little known Matteo Serafini. I didn’t recall this incredible Brazilian type of player display then or now. Juve defender Jean-Alain Boumsong was the worst. He shouldn’t have even been starting in Serie B...

Anyway, whether they play pretty football , win a CL or not, between Conte , Allegri and Sarri, this Juventus team and their 9 year run is the greatest Italian side of all time.

Tifoso repped this.
  13. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly.
    A w is a w.

falvo repped this.
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly and as a general rule , a team that wins automatically plays attractively at some point or another.

Also, I can’t remember reading or hearing too many complaints about style of play when a team wins.

Tifoso repped this.
  15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Real Madrid have sacked winning managers that didn't play aesthetic football--and they are far more successful than we are.

16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Its like they are ignoring the fact that Allegri was let go regardless of us winning.

I wonder why...

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Perhaps because irrespective of the success we had under Allegri (and Conte) the team rarely played attractive football?

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Of course coaching changes fix everything just like it has in the last 21 years..

upload_2020-7-31_17-50-26.png

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Conte will never coach Juventus again

Dante repped this.
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Has there ever been any real rumors about Agnelli hiring Pep Guardiola?

22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Maybe....maybe not.

Tifoso repped this.
  23. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I found it odd that the dirigenza wished Conte a happy birthday in public.
    Sure, they acknowledge a bunch, but not personally.
    If Sarri leaves, we could do much worse than Conte

24. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I haven’t seen any fresh rumors.
    He wants way too much money

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If the only objective to change coaches is to win the CL , then maybe making a play for Pep could be worth it. If that isn’t the end goal, maybe the club won’t want to spend it all on a coach..

I personally think if you have to use extravagant amounts of money, I’d spend it on players....