Pirlo Officially Appointed New Coach - Allegri/Sarri Out!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jul 16, 2014.

1. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only problem with Inzaghi is his record in continental competitions. Consistently bad in Europa League to include not making it out of the group stage this year. I wouldn't be mad if he became our coach, but I wouldn't be confident that he is the guy to bring us the Champions League. He would maintain the status quo with Conte, Allegri, and currently Sarri as leading domestically.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #352 falvo, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Lazio though is a smaller club and doesn’t have much of a history playing in Europe. I mean not since they won the last edition of the Cup Winners Cup over 20 years ago but that was a great team and a different time.

Their last time in the CL was in 08-09...

3. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Hopefully Lazio can pay Inzaghi what he deserves in the future and he remains with them. He's a Laziale through and through. As a player, a youth coach and now the senior team coach. Him joining Juventus would be just wrong.

You guys would be better off with Pep anyways. A big name coach who can manage big name players.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Peps is overrated too. Though I always respected him for admiring Carlo Mazzone and Roberto Baggio during their time together at Brescia.

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Giaccherini: 'Sarriball impossible with CR7'

Emanuele Giaccherini insists “it is impossible to play” Maurizio Sarri’s style of football at Juventus with Cristiano Ronaldo. “Mario Mandzukic would’ve been ideal.”

The Bianconeri lost the first leg of their Champions League Round of 16 tie with Lyon and there are still precious few signs of Sarriball even after seven months.

“The club made a specific choice by bringing in a coach who bases his football on quick passing, above all seen at Napoli,” said former Juve and Napoli player Giaccherini to DAZN.

“It’s difficult to do that at Juve, above all because there’s Ronaldo, who has his own way of playing. You cannot ask him to do certain things…

“Sarri struggled because this team was built over the years to play a very different type of football. In my view, Mandzukic would’ve been ideal, but the club made other choices.”

The coach complained he cannot get his players to understand the importance of moving the ball quickly and Giaccherini can appreciate that frustration.
    “Juve play at a much slower tempo, they don’t do one or two-touch football, because there was a different quality of player at Napoli.

“The Bianconeri have players who can change a game, whereas at Napoli it was more of a team effort. Juve play for Ronaldo, so it’s Sarri who has to adapt and not vice-versa.”

juveeer and Tifoso repped this.
  6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Giak is spot on. Whether the blame lies with Sarri or the players or a combination thereof, it's a project that isn't working. Sarri has had six months to get these guys to try to adapt to his playing style and it hasn't worked. If Sarri isn't going to dramatically change his mindset (which is unlikely) they need to cut him loose at the earliest opportunity.

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Or he is just a bitter player that is pissed about playing so little while at Napoli.

phat repped this.
  8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't follow. Giak was complementary to Napoli in the quotes.

9. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He and his agent were quite outspoken about his lack of playing time at Napoli.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I get that it didn't work out for Giak at Napoli. I just don't see what effect it had on his commentary above.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he is irrelevant.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors that Mauricio Pochettino is on the list for both Juve and Inter, and is open to moving to Italy.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The name Pochettino is Italian but does he speak the language yet?

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it difficult to learn if you speak Spanish? Not really.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #365 falvo, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    You can understand Some Italian if you speak Spanish but the languages aren’t really the same and have many differences. There are many Spanish words in most of the Italians dialects so that could help.

I read his family is of Italian descent from the Piedmont region Italy so I’m sure he can learn it soon enough.....

juveeer repped this.
  16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If the club want him and he wants to come, language will not be the obstacle.

17. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, he was someone who I preferred over Sarri, but Poch has even less silverware than Sarri...

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ******** me. I wonder if that will still be true if we crash out to Lyon and don't win Serie A

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope it's not true no matter what lol

scirea6 and juventino13 repped this.
  21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    How the ******** can he make such proclamations? If we were to lose the scudetto and get knocked out by Lyon, you're going to keep him? ******** off.

scirea6 repped this.
  22. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It’s just hard to watch.
    Except today. Today was fun.
    He has to play PD and CR7 close like that.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Momblano is saying that Sarri is done and will not be on the bench next season. Take it with a grain of salt, he was doubling down on Pep joining Juve last summer.

24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Well, if he blows this lead no way he is back.

Even if we scrimp through to the title and get knocked out of the CL, I think he could go and justifiably so.

This is the worst we have looked since the pre-Conte era.

scirea6 repped this.
  25. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If it’s Pep, I wonder who would join him/us?