Pirlo Officially Appointed New Coach - Allegri/Sarri Out!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jul 16, 2014.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    What you are saying above undercuts your own argument. You argued that the Champions League is a crap shoot. That you agree Real Madrid has won the trophy a number of times proves that it's not. If it were a crap shoot you would not have sides that historically have been very successful in the competition like Real, Liverpool, Bayern, Milan, etc. The winners would be widespread and truly random, which has not been the case.

Allegri got them to two finals where he lost collectively by a 7-2 scoreline. This is Juve. There are no moral victories.

If you want to argue that Allegri is a better manager than Sarri, you have no opposition here--but I am so sick of the revisionist history with Allegri that anoints him this great all-time manager for simply achieving his domestic objectives with a squad superior to anyone else.

phat, juventino13 and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The point is, its not easy and almost impossible to win a CL which very few teams in Europe win it as you can see below.

In Italy you have, Juve , Milan and Inter.

Inter won one 10 years ago. Milan hasn't won since 2007 and Juve lost two in the last 5 years. .

upload_2020-2-12_13-42-51.png

I don't see or believe how you can judge a winning coach just because he doesn't win the CL.

If winning the Champions League is the only way the success of a coach is measured, then you will have a revolving door of coaches.

3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pep has not won it since leaving Barcelona despite all of the riches of Bayern Munich & Manchester City.

juveeer repped this.
  4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are reports in Italy that Juve had come to an agreement with Simone Inzaghi to take over Juve if/when Sarri leaves the club.

phat repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    By that theory, its not the coach its the club...
    I've always thought that Simone would go to Juve after his results with Lazio.

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    A manager's performance in Champions League for clubs of an elite stature, among which I would place Juve, is fair game when it comes to assessing his performance. Real Madrid and Bayern managers get the sack if they fail in CL even if they have domestic success. Tuchel's PSG will run away with the French league yet again and he is almost certainly gone at season's end.

Where you have a squad like Juve's the minimum objective is that you win the Serie A. That is why Sarri is under fire--because our position doesn't look very safe at the moment. I think Conte and Allegri would admit that they would have expected the sack had they not consistently won the league. Bar Conte's first season, Juve were overwhelming favorites to win the scudetto every season since. Winning the scudetto isn't enough.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    At least he has two trophies and his teams actually play positive, aesthetic football. The same cannot be said of Allegri.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    His teams are boring. Small ball is overrated.

9. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    With Man. City banned from European competitions for the next two years, Pep might be in the picture for Juventus.

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Pep will leave this summer.

do we want him?

11. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    I don't know what the consensus is, but I certainly do not. His resume after leaving Barcelona is not earth shuttering.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sarri said , if everyone is waiting for his style and tactics to take effect, it won’t happen. He is only relying on everyones individual skill and quality.

On the domenica sportiva ,Tardelli, Collovati and Rossi all said he inherited the team and the only one who knew and knows him is Higuain. That’s why he wanted to keep him.

13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yeah, I'd much rather hold on to Sarri than sign one of the best managers of all-time in Pep.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No Pep. No Sarri. Enough of this small ball shit. Boring as hell. Take the qualities of your players and let them stand out. That is real coaching. Not this control crap.

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Let me add, Pep is overrated. He does a good job but his great side with Barcelona was a long time ago and it was only with that great Barcelona side.

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Pep, who has won everything, is overrated. Meanwhile Allegri, who has only won domestically with the strongest sides, is a genius. Right.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pep’s record over the last 5 seasons with two of the richest & spending clubs does not even match Allegri. Don’t rest on his Barcelona laurels.

20. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want us to get Inzaghi, he could make this team very dangerous.
    Look what he has done with Lazio...
    Give him a nice payday and he will join us, give him world class athletes and he will make them world beaters!

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #346 falvo, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Interesting on how just a few years ago , Simone Inzaghi was an unwanted nobody , replaced by Marcelo Bielsa and less than one week later , brought back by Lotitto.

He has done amazing tings with Lazio this year and they don't really have too many 'campioni".

22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    In that time Guardiola has won domestic titles and league cups in two different leagues (that were not Spain) playing far better football than Allegri's sides.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #348 falvo, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    In my opinion, the Serie A is a much more difficult league to play and coach in as opposed to the Bundesliga, La Liga and especially the overrated and over hyped EPL.

The other leagues play a different style and are not as organized defensively. Its been that way for as long as I can remember.

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Guardiola's record last 5 seasons:

2015 BL - Bayern Munich - Bundesliga
    2016 BL - Bayern Munich - Bundesliga & DFB-Pokal
    2017 EPL - Manchester City - no titles
    2018 EPL - Manchester City - League & EFL Cup
    2019 EPL - Manchester City - League, EFL & FA Cups

I don't believe he made any CL finals during this era. Yet, he had the best club in Germany and the most with resources in England.

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Inzaghi is an example of what happens when you give a coach time. It does not mean it will workout for him at a club like Juve that expects more every season.

De Francesco is another coach that seemed like something great but when he left his little provincial side turned to garbage.

Gasp at Atlanta might be the same thing but who knows.