Allan Houston retires

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by otterulz, Oct 18, 2005.

1. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He calls it quits. The Knicks $100 million man whether he deserved it or not retired yesterday saying that he couldn't deal with the knee problems.

I stopped watching the Knicks and basketball altogether after the Ewing trade. I was also a critic when they signed Houston to that ridiculous contract. For that I started to hate him but now that I think back on his 9 year career as a Knick, I can't but realize that he's one of the best Knick guards I ever got to watch. His form was picturesque when releasing a 3 and it just looked right. And of course I'll never forget the running jumper against Miami in the first round of the 1999 NBA playoffs. Probably one of the most exciting plays I've got to witness as a sports fan. But the thing with Houston was that he always seemed to have handled himself with class and dignity. I don't think he ever reached the status amongst the Garden crowd like he probably should have but I'll never forget the memories.

Thanks Allan.

2. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Not long ago Larry Brown said that he thought Houston was the best player on his new team.

3. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    I hope they retire his jersey. He's fourth on the all time Knick scoring list. The man deserves it.

4. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another link to the greatness that is the '90s is gone.

5. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona
    This speaks volumes of the Knicks talent level. Houston was a good player, never a great one. Whoever signed AH to that contract should be drawn and quartered. Possibly the worst contract in the history of the NBA.

P.S. Isiah Thomas is just as bad a GM, if not worse.

Number retired? FFS, doesn't winning mean anything, anymore? 4th on their scoring list, who cares, they never won ******** with him (or Patrick Ewing, for that matter)

Patrick Ewing and Allan Houston, the two most overrated nothings to ever play in the NBA.

6. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you about Houston not getting his number retired, but Ewing? C'mon. The guy played his heart out for 15 seasons in New York. He's the all-time leader in points, rebounds, and blocked shots for the Knicks. Yes, he never brought a title to New York but just look at his supporting cast. John Starks and his 2-19 game or whatever it was said it all.