All USA Road Qualifiers to be Broadcast on beINsport

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Cool Hand Luke, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Owls Head

Owls Head Member

Feb 10, 2006
    Montgomeryville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK... so there will be an English channel on Comcast, just not in time for tomorrow nights US Jamaica match... So tape delay in Spanish is it for now... do I have it folks?

2. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, or a bar, or internet stream.

3. az2004

az2004 Member

Jun 5, 2012
    or catch the overnite flight to kingston via miami

4. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    still no time warner?

5. mclip_66

mclip_66 Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Anyone with Dish see the game in the guide yet? When I checked last night I was not yet seeing the game listed on the 408 BeIN channel.

6. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    If you have Dish you will be able to watch the match on 408 or 871.
    No matter what the guide says.

7. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

Their beIN guide is rarely correct on Dish. Can it be that hard?

8. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since beIN is not on u-verse I won't be able to watch it...unless one of my fellow BSers is kind enough to provide me with a link, wink wink, nod nod, say no more...I have tunnel bear it that helps.

9. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    duplicate post

10. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    This ...

Worse news is for Rapids fans, he won't even be missing a league match for this (we have had a two-match reprieve with NBC Sports and before that the Olympics).

Also on DirecTv the guide just has "Soccer" no description available starting at 7:00 Central while the schedule here says 8:30?

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is at 7pm central. It was up on the directv guide but for some reason went away.

12. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't find it yet on Comcast.

Although I spoke to a local sports bar which has Direct TV and they said they do have beIn and would put the game on for me.

13. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's up in CA on Comcast.

Problem - all programming reads "To Be Announced" on Tivo still, meaning I can't see a stupid recording. ARGH.

14. Nitrain00

Nitrain00 Member

May 23, 2006
    Strange thing on Comcast - in Boston channel 726 is beIN SPORT ñ - the Spanish version. The cable guide is slowly filling in the "to be announced" slots finally, but one that is displayed is the US versus Jamaica game live at at 7:50-10pm. The description reads: "Live, US vs. Jamaica in Columbus, Ohio. This is the fourth of six U.S. games in CONCACAF third-round qualifying. The teams also met last Friday in Kingston. (Soccer)."

Note that results of the match and tomorrow's winning lottery numbers were notably absent.

mike4066 repped this.
  15. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game was originally announced to be at 8:30 Central and I posted in the 2012 schedule topic here when the time was changed.

16. LBS8844

LBS8844 Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Comcast Chicago here. beIN Sport 2 on Channel 594 (came online yesterday)...same program listing as as Nitrain00's post...USA v Jamaica in Columbus (incorrect venue) from 6:30-9:00 Central Time (time slot is correct), followed by Argentina v Paraguay (no venue or description, but listed in correct order for tonight's match in Cordoba, Argentina) from 9:00-11:00 (doesn't say live, presuming delayed).

beIN Sport 2's programming grid still shows the original plan of live Argentina v Paraguay in the 6:00-8:10pm CST slot (http://www.beinsport.tv/grid.html). Not holding my breath, but it appears there's a chance beIN Sport may have compromised the live SA qualifier in favor of the live USA qualifier. All we can do is wait and see, I'd imagine. Would be funny if this were a result of the many complaints from the USA fans.

The SD channel is presently airing a previously-played Barcelona (Copa Del Rey) match which is received in a nearly square 4x4 type format on a SD tv, stretching to a 4x3 format on a HD tv (still SD broadcast, of course).

17. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    This is awful news. Balboa? Seriously? There have to be at least 25 other people that would do a better job, and are ex-usmnt players.

18. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    One question: What time (ET) does the US-Jamaica game start tonight?

19. az2004

az2004 Member

Jun 5, 2012
    U.S. Men vs. Jamaica 8 p.m. ET National Stadium
    Kingston, Jamaica beIN SPORT

20. manq360

manq360 Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been looking up all of the live streaming that I usually use on Google, and none of the usual ones are carrying this game. Also some of them have been...what appears to be...shut down by google. Coincidence?

21. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would use rojadirecta.es..... if I didn't have beinsports.

22. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I have it with comcast as well it's been showing matches all day in english... is it just in spanish for different regions... or everyone?

23. LBS8844

LBS8844 Member

Apr 13, 2008
    I just saw an english commercial spot on beIN Sport 2 (ñ) confirming that the Jamaica v USA WCQ will be aired live tonight beginning with pregame at 6:45 CST.

24. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hah, Google can't shut down websites. Only government agencies and court orders can.

A bunch of these sites get shut down at the beginning of every Euro Club season. New ones always pop up. The broadcasting companies (and in some cases the leagues) pressure the governments to shut down these sites on sketchy legal grounds. They have more $$$, so they can pretty much do whatever they want.

25. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USSF web site lists the pregame as starting at 7:00 pm Eastern.
    Anyone know when kick-off is scheduled to start ?